PDA

View Full Version : The World Boxing Council president's take on K-1

Pages : [1] 2

sakurabar0x0rz
6/25/2004 3:02am,
I guess the brain damage, hand injuries and vision problems boxers receive aren't inhumane or violent in nature....

http://frankshamrock.org/fullrelease.asp?sec=1&pg=7

for the lazy:
The World Boxing Council deeply regrets the fact that the great world ex heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is thinking of the possibility of contending in a sort known as K-1 which represents a huge and regrettable return to the most savage times in which respect to human life did not exist at all – as this “sport” is one of the most violent and less humane practices anyone can ever witness…the most astonishing thing is to see how a country of such elevated culture status such as Japan is adopting this criminal practice that literally takes society back to the cave era…. He can not think of blemishing such an extra ordinary career by stooping so low to participate in the denigrating legalized savagery of K-1…K-1 is for those who have nothing left at all or for amateurs or cheap street fighters.

===

SamHarber
6/25/2004 3:21am,
if you want to complain, the WBCs email address is [email protected]

erictbrown1
6/25/2004 6:22am,
I am a boxer and I am pissed by his statements, hell K1 is so bad so is boxing this person is a joke.

Te No Kage!
6/25/2004 8:00am,
K-1 is kickboxing for chrissake! What does he think of MMA? I wonder how long he'll last after making such retarded statements.

Nihilanthic
6/25/2004 8:56am,
He should say that to Crocop's face.

blankslate
6/25/2004 9:18am,
That sucks.

Beatdown Richie
6/25/2004 9:55am,
Oh yes, the most noble and sophisticated sport of bashing each other's face in with punches is sooo much above the brutal, caveman-like activity of bashing each other's face in with punches and kicks. Give me a break.

Jenfucius
6/25/2004 11:25am,
Originally posted by Nihilanthic

yes, getting his ass kicked by crocop will do a lot to diminish his perception of K-1 as a barbaric event. oh wait, i meant WON'T.

X_plosion
6/25/2004 11:59am,
He'd probably turn around completely if Don King started to endorse Kickboxing.

LLL
6/25/2004 12:03pm,
The boxing organizations are just scared of kickboxing stealing their attention (rightfully IMO; as it's far more exciting to watch). In Finland, you can only be a kickboxer or a boxer, but not both at the same time, because the boxing promoters won't allow it...

Jenfucius
6/25/2004 12:08pm,
**** the alphabet organizations. i want to hear what the editor of ring magazine has to say about K-1. i think he's the only respectable voice in boxing.

Boyd
6/25/2004 12:25pm,
Originally posted by Nihilanthic

I know! Then Crocop would totally sit him down and engage in a discussion on the artistic merits kickboxing!

Kempocos
6/25/2004 12:34pm,
Originally posted by Te No Kage!
K-1 is kickboxing for chrissake! What does he think of MMA? I wonder how long he'll last after making such retarded statements.

K1 is MMA , they go to the ground. Just not as much. He is just pissed that alot of young fighters are choosing MMA over boxing.

PizDoff
6/25/2004 3:06pm,
These are childish statements, he doesn't like the competition, because the competition is truth!

CaptShady
6/25/2004 3:16pm,
The boxing commission in texas still oversees MMA matches, unfortunately. There needs to be new commissions formed. See if the corruption can be left only to boxing.

chaosexmachina
6/26/2004 5:32am,
Originally posted by Kempocos
He is just pissed that alot of young fighters are choosing MMA over boxing.

Damn straight we are!