PDA

View Full Version : What about this?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

fang shen do
6/20/2004 12:32pm,
In the first thread that I wrote some of you guys were surprised that except for my FSD school, there was no decent MA school around my location, considering that I'm living in montreal... This statement bugged me a little so I made a little search over the net, and in a way I was right: most of the MA location in the city are either WTF TKD, AIKI BUDO/ DO/ IAIDO, or weak ass KARATE ('cause I know that some are good)...
However this is the only place that I founded decent, if I'm not considering MY school... http://www.montrealmartialarts.com/english/index.htm
What do you think about it?

LLL
6/20/2004 12:37pm,
Dog Brothers, BJJ, Muay Thai... Can't suck by any indication...

The_Ghost
6/20/2004 12:44pm,
Dude, Iado rocks.

The_Ghost
6/20/2004 12:45pm,
Boxing, Kajukenbo, BJJ, Muay Thai...

Dude, this is a like a Martial Artists heaven...don't pass it up.

Djimbe
6/20/2004 12:58pm,
Just seems like an Inosanto JKD place to me ...

But its GOT to be better than Fang Shen Do ...

bunyip
6/20/2004 1:07pm,
I would kill to train there.

Go there and ask to spar with someone who's been training as long as you have. Then report back to us.

Djimbe
6/20/2004 1:29pm,
If youre able ...

fang shen do
6/21/2004 10:57am,
Originally posted by Djimbe
Just seems like an Inosanto JKD place to me ...

But its GOT to be better than Fang Shen Do ...
Better ? Oh please... Why would I go into a school that offers multiple styles (even if some are the best around) and attend multiple classes, when my school created a style that include all of those principles... Do I need to make you guys remember that FSD is considered one of the best styles in Canada?
Wan't proofs? here:

Credentials & Achievements
» "Community Service Award" from the Prime Minister of Canada in recognition of his valuable contributions to the community.
» In 1999, Master Patenaude was inducted into "The Masters, Pioneers & Legends Hall of Fame" in Norwalk Connecticut as Grandmaster of his system of Patenaude's Kung-Fu.
» In 1997, Master Patenaude was inducted into "The Masters, Pioneers & Legends Hall of Fame" in Norwalk Connecticut as founder of his martial arts system.
» In 1994 and 1997 Master Patenaude's school in Ottawa was selected as one of the "Top 200 Schools in North America", with only four chosen throughout Canada.
» In 1992 he was honored as Kung-Fu instructor of the year and inducted into the "World Martial Arts Hall of Fame" in Akron Ohio.
» A cover feature in the "Canadian Health and Lifestyles Magazine".
» Sept. 2000 Grandmaster Sijo Patenaude was inducted into the prestigious World Head Council Hall of Fame in Orlando Florida as founder of his Patenaude's Kung-Fu System.

McDojo Artist
6/21/2004 11:05am,
IŽd like to know which 199 other schools were in that list ;)

fang shen do
6/21/2004 11:07am,
We are talking top in north america... 4 only in Canada... which means that my school was considered at least #4 in Canada...

McDojo Artist
6/21/2004 11:16am,
yeah but those lists tend to suck

fang shen do
6/21/2004 12:21pm,
Oh, and why's that?

McDojo Artist
6/21/2004 12:50pm,
They usually have some weirdass way of choosing like highist amount of blackbelts or most profitable or some **** like that ;)

Chupacabra
6/21/2004 12:50pm,
Originally posted by fang shen do
Oh, and why's that?

because the people that make the list don't do MA

meowrsx
6/21/2004 2:02pm,
Better ? Oh please... Why would I go into a school that offers multiple styles (even if some are the best around) and attend multiple classes, when my school created a style that include all of those principles... Do I need to make you guys remember that FSD is considered one of the best styles in Canada?
Wan't proofs? here:

I doubt that every aspect of every part of the fighting game is part of the collective whole that is FSD. You also say that the school includes all those principles. But how much does it cover of the actual philosophy and techniques of each principle? I could say that my new Tae Kwon Do system incorporates grappling and knifefighting because we have one punch that we put a knife in our hand and one throw.

btw, what does wan't abbreviate? Wan Not?

» "Community Service Award" from the Prime Minister of Canada in recognition of his valuable contributions to the community.
The Prime Minister of Cana does not do martial arts, and Martial Arts are not concerned with community service.

» In 1999, Master Patenaude was inducted into "The Masters, Pioneers & Legends Hall of Fame" in Norwalk Connecticut as Grandmaster of his system of Patenaude's Kung-Fu.
» In 1997, Master Patenaude was inducted into "The Masters, Pioneers & Legends Hall of Fame" in Norwalk Connecticut as founder of his martial arts system.

I think Frank Dux was inducted into a few Halls of Fame as well. btw, I would think he should be grandmaster of his own system by 1999.

» In 1994 and 1997 Master Patenaude's school in Ottawa was selected as one of the "Top 200 Schools in North America", with only four chosen throughout Canada.

Like it was said, the people who make the list usually don't do martial arts. lets make a bet that theres quite a few WTF/ITF/Tiger Schulmann's on that list eh?

» In 1992 he was honored as Kung-Fu instructor of the year and inducted into the "World Martial Arts Hall of Fame" in Akron Ohio.

Theres like 12 World Martial Arts Hall of Fames and for some reason none of the good schools are on them. Where's Fairtex? Paulson's CSW? DBMA? Wait, I only see Ashida Kim.

William Cheung is on like every cover of Black Belt Magazine.

» Sept. 2000 Grandmaster Sijo Patenaude was inducted into the prestigious World Head Council Hall of Fame in Orlando Florida as founder of his Patenaude's Kung-Fu System.

Creating things once again, does not qualify as being a good martial artist.

meowrsx
6/21/2004 2:04pm,
Wan't proofs? here:

I doubt that every aspect of every part of the fighting game is part of the collective whole that is FSD. You also say that the school includes all those principles. But how much does it cover of the actual philosophy and techniques of each principle? I could say that my new Tae Kwon Do system incorporates grappling and knifefighting because we have one punch that we put a knife in our hand and one throw.

btw, what does wan't abbreviate? Wan Not?

The Prime Minister of Canada does not do martial arts, and Martial Arts are not concerned with community service.

I think Frank Dux was inducted into a few Halls of Fame as well. btw, I would think he should be grandmaster of his own system by 1999.

Like it was said, the people who make the list usually don't do martial arts. lets make a bet that theres quite a few WTF/ITF/Tiger Schulmann's on that list eh?

Theres like 12 World Martial Arts Hall of Fames and for some reason none of the good schools are on them. Where's Fairtex? Paulson's CSW? DBMA? Wait, I only see Ashida Kim.

William Cheung is on like every cover of Black Belt Magazine.

Creating things does not qualify as being a good martial artist.