PDA

View Full Version : TKD,Kung Fu=BAD?

Pages : [1] 2

Liger
6/17/2004 1:18pm,
Followed a link from /. to this place. So far looks like the above are not too popular here. Bad representation or legit gripes?

NHB_Ben
6/17/2004 1:21pm,
http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?s=&name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=4

Mr. Mantis
6/17/2004 1:25pm,
I "heart" kung fu

OneWingedAngel
6/17/2004 1:53pm,
Mr Mantis, is your avatar hold Voltron? Are you trying to say you're better than Voltron?

Mr. Mantis
6/17/2004 2:18pm,
Originally posted by OneWingedAngel
Mr Mantis, is your avatar hold Voltron? Are you trying to say you're better than Voltron?

YES!!!!!111!

Mantis Shrimp thunder kick 0wns V0ltron blazing sword!!!111!!

Blad3
6/17/2004 2:20pm,
Osiris if that's what you think my opinion is you're 100% incorrect.

Blad3
6/17/2004 2:27pm,
ok...

SRK85
6/17/2004 4:30pm,
TKD all depends on what form it is. WTF or olympic stlye sucks monkey nuts. The other styles are normally better. Olympic sparring sucks thats why at my dojang we do full contact anywhere is acceptable sparring. Cept now for some gay reason now we are doing Point Sparring and it pisses me off.

Vargas
6/17/2004 5:14pm,
If I remember correctly, doesn't the founder of this site have a background in some form of Kung Fu? Seems hard to characterize this place as being 'Anti-CMA'.

As for TKD, what can I add that hasn't been said? Everyone's done it (or that's how it seems sometimes) and everyone has their own opinion. Lots of folks would like to paint this forum as MMA/BJJ Nutrider Central but I think the proof is definitely lacking. Bullshido doesn't strike me as Anti-KF/TKD. Maybe Anti-Idiot/Delusional. . .

Omega Supreme
6/17/2004 5:18pm,
Kung-fu sucks. It would never do well in MMA. All Kung-fu guys lick jism as they are made the bitches of kickboxers, bjjers, and MMAers alike, just ask Asia and I, we both hate Kung-fu.

xero
6/17/2004 5:20pm,
You also both do Kung-fu......I am confused. =T

ravenink
6/17/2004 5:23pm,
I think the general feeling around here is that almost any art can be good if trained in an alive and realistic manner. The problem with TKD and many other martial arts is that finding a school that does that is quite rare. They certainly exist, but are not as common as say a BJJ or MT school that trains that way.

feedback
6/17/2004 5:38pm,
You can train TKD in an alive and realistic manner, but if it's WTF then it's standardized so you're going to be training in an alive manner your crescent kick blocks for crosspunches.

ravenink
6/17/2004 5:46pm,
For the most part I agree with you, but even in the WTF there is wide variation. I used to train with a WTF teacher who would let us spar all out and find out the hard way what worked and what didn't. It wasn't nearly as good as the training I am doing now, but that particular TKD school wasn't mcdojoish in any way other than it's business practices. (that being said, the three WTF schools I was at prior to the last one were absolute mcdojo).

SRK85
6/17/2004 6:17pm,
Yea well at my dojang we use to do the Tae Guek forms now we changed them to Tang So Doo forms. Im really starting to hate the changes at my dojang.

MaverickZ
6/17/2004 6:22pm,
Originally posted by Vargas
Everyone's done it (or that's how it seems sometimes) and everyone has their own opinion.

i was actually thinking about this recently. maybe for styles who train for Teh Skr33t, they should start learning techniques against TKD. since in a couple of years EVERYONE will have had at least a years worth fo TKD of some sort or another.