PDA

View Full Version : to deadly or bullshido

Pages : [1] 2

tai-gip
6/14/2004 2:33am,
Bone breaking, finger strikes, pressure point strikes, chops or edge hand strikes.

Can you break a collar bone, cave in ribs,pop a vertabrae or do you never know cause you dont put it to the test.

Do you need to test every technique to its full extent to know it will work or that you can make it work. Or is repetative training of the move being in the correct postion and being able to complete the technique (other than stop so to aviod hurting) in sparring enough.

Jolly_Roger
6/14/2004 2:43am,
Well, letīs see the problem like this...
If my spear hand is moving at your collarbone at about 70 mph, and your collarbone is moving towards my shoulder (which is the same side as the spear hand) at 30 mph, and thereīs an initial distance of about 10 feet, when does impact happens?
Does the collarbone get broken?
Does the hand hurt?

Answer the question...now!

Omega Supreme
6/14/2004 2:45am,
Bottom line: If you haven't done it, it is theory. If you pass theory off as fact it is bullshido.

Unmatchable
6/14/2004 3:15am,
Anything can work you just have to work on it and practise it long enough and on variety of individuals.

Jolly_Roger
6/14/2004 3:16am,
Unless it is striking a match on jelly.

SLJ
6/14/2004 3:18am,
Omega's answer should finish this thread.

Zeddy
6/14/2004 3:24am,
Alternatively, there's a judgement by way of pain. If your arm feels like it's going to pop from the armbar, then it'll probably work.

Unless you have a low tolerance for pain anyway.

MUT
6/14/2004 6:16am,
Originally posted by Zeddy
Alternatively, there's a judgement by way of pain. If your arm feels like it's going to pop from the armbar, then it'll probably work.

Unless you have a low tolerance for pain anyway.

lol yeah reminds of kids judo:"Dont throw me on my side I have a bruise there."

Zeddy
6/14/2004 6:38am,
While we're on this topic I was in mount about a month ago, and when the guy bridged and rolled my ankle kind of got stuck. I felt this kind of pop and intense pain for a while.

Ever since then it's kind of swollen. When I grapple sometimes it gets stuck and goes pop again, and similar pain. When kicking the heavy bag/thai pads, the ankle kind of feels loose and there's pain.

It's been like that for about a month. I can still walk normally though, so I can't be broken, right?

Zeddy
6/14/2004 6:39am,
Let me rephrase that: seriously damaged, not broken. :(

Ronin
6/14/2004 6:55am,
In Theory EVERYTHING works.
Problem is, we LIVE in a PRACTICAL world.
Unless theory can be put into practise, consistently, it is, at best, impractical.

Blad3
6/14/2004 6:59am,
"Bottom line: If you haven't done it, it is theory. If you pass theory off as fact it is bullshido." 100% correct, one of the most logical posts I've seen on BS.

SLJ
6/14/2004 7:17am,
"In Theory EVERYTHING works."

Not sure about that Ronin.

What about a rice paper condom ? :)

Clyde
6/14/2004 7:19am,
Originally posted by tai-gip
Bone breaking, finger strikes, pressure point strikes, chops or edge hand strikes.

Can you break a collar bone, cave in ribs,pop a vertabrae or do you never know cause you dont put it to the test.

Do you need to test every technique to its full extent to know it will work or that you can make it work. Or is repetative training of the move being in the correct postion and being able to complete the technique (other than stop so to aviod hurting) in sparring enough.

I' ve been on the recieving end of the strikes you are referring to, and I've also used them on partners. Accidents happen and yes, they work. I've broken the ribs of at least 6 people that I know of while sparring and have had every inch of my body kicked and punched without any damage yet, though one time I thought one of my Brown Belts broke my nose with a roundhouse kick LOL. I've been on the recieving end of a chest kick while laying on the ground, I almost didn't get up. I've also had students with broken noses and one lost a tooth to an elbow. I've also had students down for 2 weeks for a throwing kicks a little too hard at my shins. I lost a great singing career on American Idol LOL due to a chop to the throat that popped a vocal cord while practicing, it also kept me from eating solid food for almost a week because the difficulty swallowing. We trained hard when I had my studio, and tested what you speak of because I had doubts as well, I don't now. Good question tho.

Clyde

SLJ
6/14/2004 7:27am,
Right turn!

Blad3
6/14/2004 7:33am,
ronin69 is correct...