View Full Version : PRO BOXERS OWNED!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DARKSON
6/09/2004 12:54pm,
http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/k-1gp/images/040606/photo08b.jpg

DARKSON
6/09/2004 12:56pm,
K-1 vs. Boxing matchups:
Musashi defeats Ray Mercer by unanimous decision.
Remy Bonjasky defeats Francois Botha by unanimous decision.
Alexey Ignashov defeats Arthur Williams by KO at 1:48, RD 1.

Nid
6/09/2004 12:57pm,
Merciless? Say it ain't so.

infidel
6/09/2004 1:00pm,
clearly boxing is not, in fact, the dominant striking art.

DARKSON
6/09/2004 1:01pm,
Merciless PWNED!!!!!!

blankslate
6/09/2004 1:21pm,
I refuse to believe it.

Emevas
6/09/2004 1:22pm,
What were the rules? I see the boxer had on shoes...was he not allowed to kick?

SunTzu
6/09/2004 1:27pm,
I think two of them chose to wear boxing shoes and therefore not kick. If I remember Botha didn't wear shoes.

Blad3
6/09/2004 1:34pm,
boxing doesn't work!

That's King Arthur in there with the Scorpion??? lol what a match-up!

They were allowed to kick BUT they said they'd prefer their boxing shoes' , seriously...(see sherdog.com)

he won by KO too!

I doubt those kicboxer's would do as well against the likes of say, David Haye...but then I'm not so sure...

tbh I'm surprised the boxer's blocked those headkicks well (a few must have been thrown...)

garbanzo
6/09/2004 1:39pm,
The referee in the first pic is Nobuaki Kakuda. I trained with him in Japan. Bad mo-fo.

Interesting to see boxers get pwned.

Blad3
6/09/2004 1:43pm,
Williams (king arthur) was beaten with leg kicks! :O

IronBuddha
6/09/2004 1:45pm,
Just to be fair, the Pride/K-1 matches had matches under both rules. They should make the K-1 guys do pure boxing as well, just to make it even.

Goldust
6/09/2004 1:49pm,
I wouldn’t get too carried away be the results as all three boxers in question are all well past their physical prime, have not beaten a top ten fighter in many years, and cannot be legitimately ranked anywhere near the top fifty in their respective weight classes which are hardly talent laden to begin with.

Ray Mercer, 43 years old, hasn’t been a legitimate heavyweight contender for at least seven years, last seen getting pummeled in six rounds by Wladimer Klitschko back in 2002.

Frans Botha, 36 years old, has not fought since 2002 when he was held to a draw by Clifford Ettienne. The same Clifford Ettienne who was knocked out in one round by what’s left of Mike Tyson.

Arthur Williams, 39 years old, 4-6 over his last ten fights, knocked out in three rounds in his last fight by a guy who was only 9-0 coming into the fight. 93rd ranked cruiserweight by boxrec.com.

The only reason that they are fighting in K-1 is because they can no longer secure a decent payday in boxing anymore and K-1 will probably pay them far more than they are really worth because they still maintain some type of name recognition due to their previous boxing careers.

CaptShady
6/09/2004 1:58pm,
Originally posted by infidel
clearly boxing is not, in fact, the dominant striking art.

Yeah, because their ages, experience, dedication, and training regimen have NOTHING to do with it. This clearly puts out boxing as THE dominant striking art.

NHB_Ben
6/09/2004 2:01pm,
Originally posted by CaptShady
Yeah, because their ages, experience, dedication, and training regimen have NOTHING to do with it. This clearly puts out boxing as THE dominant striking art.

I think he was joking.

CaptShady
6/09/2004 2:03pm,
Originally posted by NHB_Ben
I think he was joking.

AAAAAAAaaaaaaand I think I'm a dumbass.

Now's your chance, jump! Jump!