7/22/2002 3:59pm,
Hey, they even claim to help the blind "see"
http://mp-usa.50megs.com/

Blad3
7/23/2002 1:09am,
write a report(if they're that bad)?

TheEdge883
7/30/2002 12:47am,
You know, the sad part is that Mike was at one time a legitimate martial artist. He was one of the best fighters I have seen in Utah, but considering Utah that's not saying much. He had a lot going for him. Then he had a falling out with our instructor, and basically screwed himself over.

DJ Coldfusion
7/30/2002 11:07am,
http://www.mcdojo.com/article_read.asp?id=54

I've had half a dozen emails since I wrote the article about these guys from people who have known them or have trained with them.

TheEdge883, who did he train under previously???

Thanks

TheEdge883
7/30/2002 12:31pm,
Originally, he was with Red Dragon karate under Ron Bennett. Mr Bennett split from Red Dragon about 5 years ago, and about a year after that he formed the White Dragons of Bushido school where I first met him and Mike (his name was, or so I thought, Michah). He eventually was kicked out of the school. I think the biggest part of it was drugs.

Edited by - TheEdge883 on July 30 2002 12:31:52

DJ Coldfusion
7/30/2002 1:52pm,
I know Ron, or atleast I did. He owes me $37.50 (bounced check) . . . its been seven years and somehow I don't think he is ever going to pay. Hell, I forgot about it untill you mentioned his name so I doubt Ron remembers.

Ron has done some incredible things with his point and forms athletes (escpecially staff). He's a damn good traditional instructor.

Last time I saw Ron he was an Ogden City cop and had the school up on Harrison near Ogden Highschool. I don't think the school is there anymore (where is he?) and I heard he left the force to teach full time (True? not true?). Do you still train with him?

The more I think about it I might know Mike.

As far as drugs, you're the fourth person to bring drugs up concerning Mike. Two other people have made claims that he buys from a couple of his students.

thanks for the reply.

TheEdge883
7/30/2002 8:23pm,
Yeah, Ron was a full time cop out here. He was acutally kicked off the force for threatening a person who was selling drugs to his students. The person had a tape recorder and brought it up to his higher ups.
He left Red Dragon karate about 5 or 6 years ago, and stopped teaching altogether for about 2 years. He was then asked to start teaching again by one of his students. He started White Dragons Of Bushido. I've been with him since he started, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. There is just too much I can learn from him.
Mike was originally supposed to be my instructor when I started, but he gave up on me quick. I don't know the full reason he was kicked out, but I do know that he used to come in high a lot of the time. That was one of the reasons.
I have Ron's (he's now been given a professorship in the martial arts) email address if you want it.

DJ Coldfusion
7/31/2002 11:31am,
That's alright, Ron wouldn't remember me. I only knew him from different tournaments around the state.

I hope you enjoy training with him. He can be a little over the top but he always seemed like a good guy.

Ogden city needs more guys threatening drug dealers. The place has the same number of cops it had back in 1973 but the population has literally trippled since then. And people wonder why Ogden has the highest crime rate in the state.

Where is Ron's school now? Does he still hold that tournament up at Weber State? If you don't know anything about the tournament don't worry, the last time I attended was something like 7 years ago.

If you can gather any information about Mike, his school, anything I'd appreciate it. Maybe even some anonymous (or otherwise) testimonials. I have a feeling that we could dedicate an entire website to this guy and his "school".

Thanks

MrMcFu
4/04/2004 10:49am,
Using a very specific and patented series of body postures & breathing techniques, Merpati Putih is truly one of the world's rarities.

Okay just so you bitches know, I am ordering everyone to stop walking. That's right, I invented walking and have secured the copyright patent on it. Anyone who wants to engage in such blatent intellectual property abuse must pay royalties to me.

That is all.

Zub-Zub
4/04/2004 12:07pm,
Look up www.kalistaacademy.com. Its located in Utah, and is by no means a McDojo. Classes are held at the Pedro Sauer Brazilian Jujitsu academy. Its a really good place, people from all over the state and even Idaho come down to train. Its easily one of the best(if not THE best) schools in Utah. Its a no BS place. I must admit that Utah is full of half-assed Kung Fu schools and TKD McDojangs, but this is definitely not the sort of place. Peace you killahs.

Bullshit-ryu
5/05/2004 11:13pm,
Ron Bennett is a pro at buying rank. He earned his Red Dragon rank and that is it. When he was a cop and teaching at Harrison. Numerous times he bought us beer, and we all went back to the studio and got drunk. Mind you we were all in high school at the time.

Yup he is a true winner.

Phrost
5/05/2004 11:23pm,
July 2002??? Wow, that's back in the OOOOLD McDojo.com days, with the yellow on red color scheme.

SLJ
5/06/2004 3:49am,
What a crock.

"That's right, I invented walking and have secured the copyright patent on it."

Well I hereby claim the patent on "running".

With the Olympics coming up I'm in for some cash!

drunkenj
5/06/2004 4:33am,
ahhh!, you bitches are infringing my copyright....... i patanted the movment of feet, that means walking running swimming dancing......... Hell tkd alone makes up half my yearly income

SLJ
5/06/2004 5:11am,
Errr, I checked. Your patent run out in 2003.

You've got to be quick in this game !

TheEdge883
5/07/2004 11:05am,
Originally posted by Bullshit-ryu
Ron Bennett is a pro at buying rank. He earned his Red Dragon rank and that is it. When he was a cop and teaching at Harrison. Numerous times he bought us beer, and we all went back to the studio and got drunk. Mind you we were all in high school at the time.

Yup he is a true winner.

Did you know he's not in Utah anymore? He was ran out of here by his ex and a bunch of his former students lol :)