PDA

View Full Version : Casting Van Damme movie: "The Kumite"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

9chambers
5/29/2004 12:22am,
I got this in an e-mail yesterday from an entertainment group that I was going to do comics for a while back. I think it would be pretty funny to be a thug in a Van Damme movie. If anyone wants to try out then go for it. Maybe you could challenge Van Damme to a challenge match and give him another bump on his head. Heheh.

::

Mike Leeder would like to announce the casting call for Jean Claude Van Damme's forthcoming project, "The Kumite". Would interested fighters/martial arts actors interested in casting for the film, please submit tapes/photos/resumes and contact information to:

The Kumite Casting c/o
777 Enterprises
1801 Avenue of the Stars
Suite 308
Los Angeles. CA 90067
USA"

stoogejitsu
5/29/2004 1:17am,
I'm sooooooooooooo there, It's been a dream of mine to be a cheesy martial arts opponent in a movie.

Gezere
5/29/2004 1:24am,
Wait isn't the the title of the Movie Frank Dux sued JCVD over and said he stole his script and just renamed it THE QUEST!?!?!?

Jolly_Roger
5/29/2004 1:32am,
Make him do the splits!
OTOH, ask him about the incident at Uruguay, and watch his face...

Phoenix
5/29/2004 1:34am,
If the $$ was good and I lived in the US, I'd consider auditioning.

9chambers
5/29/2004 1:38am,
Asia

That could be one of the alternate titles. :P

I just did a google search on it. It seems that Bolo Yeung is going to be in this one. Man, how many times is he going to make the same exact movie? Bloodsport, Kickboxer, The Quest and now .. The Kumite.

Phoenix
5/29/2004 1:39am,
Bolo wasn't in Kickboxer...it was that other idiot, wasn't it?

Stold3
5/29/2004 1:42am,
C'mon, it's a van damme movie. Only ballet dancers and wushu bastards need apply.

Phoenix
5/29/2004 1:44am,
Or eurotrash kickboxer types.

9chambers
5/29/2004 1:49am,
I meant how many times is Van Damme going to make the same movie. I should have written that a little different.

Are you telling me that it wouldn't be something that you'd laugh about with your buddies for the rest of your life? "I was thug number three in The Kumite so back off!" That would be comical. The novelty value is just priceless. Anyway, it's the only movie I know the address for .. I'd really like a chance to be an extra in the new movie on the 300 Spartans that George Clooney and Michael Mann are trying to put together. (I'm Greek) That would be awesome. I don't know how to get involved in that though. Hey, maybe the guy that send me this e-mail knows... cool, I'm going to ask him.

9chambers
5/29/2004 1:55am,
Here's a page about the new movie Clooney is making on the Spartans:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808404115

Phoenix
5/29/2004 1:56am,
Sweet! I hope it's better than Troy. That movie sucked monkey nuts.

Chuan
5/29/2004 1:59am,
300 spartans. I hope it turns out better than Alexander looks like it going to be...

alex
5/29/2004 2:05am,
man if i had the chance to be in a cheesey kung fu movie, id be all over it like a fat kid on an ince cream. talk about RESPECT.

Phoenix
5/29/2004 2:06am,
Originally posted by Ikken Hisatsu
man if i had the chance to be in a cheesey kung fu movie, id be all over it like a fat kid on an ince cream. talk about RESPECT.

ROTFLMAO! I love that metaphor. I gotta remember that

PHILBERT
5/29/2004 2:12am,
Originally posted by Asia
Wait isn't the the title of the Movie Frank Dux sued JCVD over and said he stole his script and just renamed it THE QUEST!?!?!?

Yeah, this is the 3rd time the movie has been done. The first was Bloodsport, the second was The Quest, and now this one. Wow, this guy doesn't just try sequels, he rips his own movies off and redoes them! Whats next? Another movie where he plays a law enforcement agent who travels through time? Maybe call it Back to the Law or something.