PDA

View Full Version : Do you even _, bro?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Mr. Machette
9/01/2019 11:00pm,
Y'all call yourselves "Martial Artists" but can you even answer Goso's Bison?

A water buffalo goes out of his “enclosure.” The head, the horns, and the four legs go through, but why doesn’t the tail, too?

Let's see what you plebians got.

Dr. Gonzo
9/01/2019 11:10pm,

How very WRascally.

Mr. Machette
9/01/2019 11:56pm,
How very WRascally.

He couldn't answer the Koan. Neither can you. More evidence that you are the same person.

Weak ass bitch.

Dr. Gonzo
9/02/2019 12:08pm,
He couldn't answer the Koan. Neither can you. More evidence that you are the same person.

Weak ass bitch.

Wrabbit lives for such things. As do you, apparently. Because...

Mr. Machette
9/02/2019 2:47pm,
Wrabbit lives for such things. As do you, apparently. Because...
You asked about enlightenment. This is a Zen Koan. It is a gift.

Meditation on the question is a method to attain "enlightenment".

Goso's bison took me 20 years to solve but I cannot answer it for you. My answer is not necessarily your answer. You have to answer the Koan yourself.

Wrabbit didn't even try. If you are not Wrabbit then you can answer Goso's Bison.

So what's up College Boy? Show me how smart you are.

(btw I will know if you plagiarize)

Dr. Gonzo
9/02/2019 3:04pm,
You asked about enlightenment. This is a Zen Koan. It is a gift.

Meditation on the question is a method to attain "enlightenment".

Goso's bison took me 20 years to solve but I cannot answer it for you. My answer is not necessarily your answer. You have to answer the Koan yourself.

Wrabbit didn't even try. If you are not Wrabbit then you can answer Goso's Bison.

So what's up College Boy? Show me how smart you are.

(btw I will know if you plagiarize)
Mr. Machette (or Rabbit, if that is who you really are) I don't care much for zen.

My favorite story about zen is the one where the inquisitive and loquacious zen pupil was answered in the form of a thwack over the head with a stick by his teacher.

If you have to practice zen, then you are probably not doing it right.

Mr. Machette
9/02/2019 3:12pm,
Mr. Machette (or Rabbit, if that is who you really are) I don't care much for zen.

My favorite story about zen is the one where the inquisitive and loquacious zen pupil was answered in the form of a thwack over the head with a stick by his teacher.

If you have to practice zen, then you are probably not doing it right.

If you think it is a "practice" you aren't doing it right.

The universe exists according to it's own nature. In spite of whatever you "practice".

I don't believe your credentials are real. I don't believe that you are a PHD.

At all.

You can't even adress the question let alone answer it. That displays the problem solving skills of a young child.

It also betrays a fundamentally weak comprehension of the very concepts you claim to have majored in.

You're either an outright liar or a ridiculous mediocrity.

Dr. Gonzo
9/02/2019 3:24pm,
I don't believe your credentials are real. I don't believe that you are a PHD.
Then you embarrass yourself, as that credential was already widely verified here, and it is trivial to verify it for oneself as it is a matter of public record.

You're either an outright liar or a ridiculous mediocrity.
Stating that you believe I am a mediocre PhD or academic would, however, be a defensible position for you to take that would not leave you looking foolish.

In fact, that probably would be a correct position.

I am a good teacher and mentor, but I am more of an industry researcher and industry practitioner than a true, stereotypical academic, even when I am performing academic roles.

Mr. Machette
9/02/2019 3:27pm,
Answer the fucking Buffalo question, dude.

Dr. Gonzo
9/02/2019 3:31pm,
Answer the fucking Buffalo question, dude.
I'll have mine rare, with garlic, and melted butter...

Mr. Machette
9/02/2019 3:46pm,
I'll have mine rare, with garlic, and melted butter...
It's a start. 30%

Gotta think harder. That's the whole point. The "questions without an answer" is a mnemonic device.

It is also deeply metaphorical if that helps at all. I'm beginning to suspect all Koans are but it would be a mistake to simply assume so.

You asked about enlightenment. Billions of roads to that but this is one that I know well enough to point you down.

Dr. Gonzo
9/02/2019 3:50pm,
It's a start. 30%

Gotta think harder. That's the whole point. The "questions without an answer" is a mnemonic device.

It is also deeply metaphorical if that helps at all. I'm beginning to suspect all Koans are but it would be a mistake to simply assume so.

You asked about enlightenment. Billions of roads to that but this is one that I know well enough to point you down.
I am not concerned about enlightenment.

I am not interested in zen.

If you are, that is fine, good for you.

I am content to be interested in less esoteric and more practical matters.

Mr. Machette
9/02/2019 4:18pm,
I am not concerned about enlightenment.
I am not interested in zen.
If you are, that is fine, good for you.
I am content to be interested in less esoteric and more practical matters.
Answering that question is the most practical thing you can accomplish.

You, a self proclaimed "big brain" are confined to a one dimensional pattern of thinking.

This is not about "woooo". It is about broadening your existential perspective in the most literal sense.

"Metaphorical" is not a synonym of "esoteric".

The Koan is not a riddle. It is a question. And if you can wrap your head around the meaning of the question the meaning of the answer becomes evident.

It only took me so long because I initially found it incomprehensible too. Some silly nonsense.

And maybe it is. It's certainly one of the more entertaining Koans. But it's not about the imagery. It is literally about expanding your mind.

What are you afraid of?

Dr. Gonzo
9/02/2019 5:13pm,
Answering that question is the most practical thing you can accomplish.

You, a self proclaimed "big brain" are confined to a one dimensional pattern of thinking.

This is not about "woooo". It is about broadening your existential perspective in the most literal sense.

"Metaphorical" is not a synonym of "esoteric".

The Koan is not a riddle. It is a question. And if you can wrap your head around the meaning of the question the meaning of the answer becomes evident.

It only took me so long because I initially found it incomprehensible too. Some silly nonsense.

And maybe it is. It's certainly one of the more entertaining Koans. But it's not about the imagery. It is literally about expanding your mind.

What are you afraid of?

I'm just not interested.

lant3rn
9/02/2019 5:50pm,

The ranchers kept it for lunch, the other parts were sent to market.

Mr. Machette
9/02/2019 6:04pm,
The ranchers kept it for lunch, the other parts were sent to market.
Those are some gritty cow pokes. Eating a live bison tail in a dusty cow pen.