PDA

View Full Version : Rener's new sweatshirt, legit or just for nuttriders?

Pages : [1] 2

Diesel_tke
7/23/2019 12:41pm,
So, I saw that Rener just decided to take over the sweatshirt world now. The Gracie plan of taking over the world is slowly progressing. I saw this on facebook and figured Rayce has a dozen by now. So maybe he can review?

I mean, it's a cool concept. The sweatshirt turns into a backpack. This keeps you from having to embarrass yourselves by tying it around your waist.

I was going to get one but it was like $55 after shipping. Then I remembered I live in Florida.

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/rener-gracie-invents-revolutionary-sweatshirtback-pack/

AcerTempest
7/23/2019 1:04pm,
I mean, it's a cool idea for places where you might need such a thing.
It's overpriced to the level "Gracie profit margins", but it is a cool idea.
I will not be purchasing one. And I am a huge fan of Rener, but he has a successful martial arts school, a number of MMA fighters that he trains, and a fairly regular successful business doing appearances and seminars.

He doesn't need any more of my money.

Raycetpfl
7/23/2019 4:42pm,
So, I saw that Rener just decided to take over the sweatshirt world now. The Gracie plan of taking over the world is slowly progressing. I saw this on facebook and figured Rayce has a dozen by now. So maybe he can review?

I mean, it's a cool concept. The sweatshirt turns into a backpack. This keeps you from having to embarrass yourselves by tying it around your waist.

I was going to get one but it was like $55 after shipping. Then I remembered I live in Florida.

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/rener-gracie-invents-revolutionary-sweatshirtback-pack/ not quite Jiu jitsu nerdy enough for me. I have one of these though.http://store.jitsugi.com/Gold-Weave-Jitsu-Hoodie%E2%84%A2-BLUE_p_44.html

battlefields
7/23/2019 5:18pm,
If you're going to do this, why not just carry around a small backpack with a sweater, then throw in whatever the **** else you might want to take along at the time as well?

Maybe it's just me living in a climate that is like, non "sweater" weather for 9 months out of the year.

cualltaigh
7/23/2019 5:42pm,
Maybe it's just me living in a climate that is like, non "sweater" weather for 9 months out of the year.

9 months? Lol, we're deep into the middle of ''winter'' and it's going to be 26C (79F) today. Hardly sweater weather

Raycetpfl
7/23/2019 5:44pm,
If you're going to do this, why not just carry around a small backpack with a sweater, then throw in whatever the **** else you might want to take along at the time as well?

Yeah..... in my neck of the woods we have four seasons. Sweat shirts are only needed to sneak food into the movie theater or get shot as a teen for wanting skittles.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ad/0f/c5/ad0fc5b68c79cecf8daa4ba7832f5e9d.jpg

Diesel_tke
7/23/2019 5:47pm,
not quite Jiu jitsu nerdy enough for me. I have one of these though.http://store.jitsugi.com/Gold-Weave-Jitsu-Hoodie%E2%84%A2-BLUE_p_44.html

That’s pretty cool.

Diesel_tke
7/23/2019 5:51pm,

Where I live, up in the panhandle we frequently will have 20 degree temp changes in the winter months. Where it will be 45 degrees in the morning and 65 in the afternoon. Then back to chilli in the evening. I leave sweatshirts all over the place from wearing them in the morning and then forgetting them somewhere when I don’t need them in the afternoon. So I would probably like one of these but the tiny shoulder straps remind me of the backpacks the little Japanese kids wore all the time when I lived in japan. So for that reason, I’m out.

battlefields
7/23/2019 6:02pm,
9 months? Lol, we're deep into the middle of ''winter'' and it's going to be 26C (79F) today. Hardly sweater weather

Yeah, that's sweater weather for me.

cualltaigh
7/23/2019 6:07pm,
Where I live, up in the panhandle we frequently will have 20 degree temp changes in the winter months. Where it will be 45 degrees in the morning and 65 in the afternoon. Then back to chilli in the evening. I leave sweatshirts all over the place from wearing them in the morning and then forgetting them somewhere when I donít need them in the afternoon. So I would probably like one of these but the tiny shoulder straps remind me of the backpacks the little Japanese kids wore all the time when I lived in japan. So for that reason, Iím out.

To put things into perspective, Brisbane (Battlefields) is about the same distance from the equator as Tampa. The sunny coast (me) is about the same as West Palm Beach from the equator. Very similar climates.

Diesel_tke
7/23/2019 6:30pm,
To put things into perspective, Brisbane (Battlefields) is about the same distance from the equator as Tampa. The sunny coast (me) is about the same as West Palm Beach from the equator. Very similar climates.

Gotcha. I lived in Orlando for 3 years. It was pretty nice down there. Where I live now the best way to describe the climate these days is: go to the closest gym, find someone who is knee deep into some cardio and stick your face in their arm pit. Thatís what itís like when you walk outside.

BJMills
7/24/2019 1:47pm,
I think Iíd rather just tie a sweatshirt around my waist than where a tiny backpack that looks like it belongs to a 13 year old girl...

But Iíd it had ďTeam Edward vs Team JacobĒ on it then maybe.

big maclol
8/01/2019 7:27pm,
not quite Jiu jitsu nerdy enough for me. I have one of these though.http://store.jitsugi.com/Gold-Weave-Jitsu-Hoodie%E2%84%A2-BLUE_p_44.html

Naga has (had?) these too. I had one, was pretty fun to wear... idk what happened to it.

Lily
8/02/2019 3:03am,
Men should seriously consider wearing a sports bra. You can stick a credit card down there and voila, hands free and the benefits of being aerodynamic . Car keys stay in the car, I donít bother locking my car. House keys stay in a fake rock in my garden. Sweater Backpacks are for losers.

BKR
8/02/2019 11:25am,
Men should seriously consider wearing a sports bra. You can stick a credit card down there and voila, hands free and the benefits of being aerodynamic . Car keys stay in the car, I don’t bother locking my car. House keys stay in a fake rock in my garden. Sweater Backpacks are for losers.

Post forwarded to Battlefields.

PDA
8/02/2019 1:18pm,

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/rener-gracie-invents-revolutionary-sweatshirtback-pack/

Everybody who bought the ďG in a GIĒ rap single will buy this .

Both of them .