PDA

View Full Version : Domestic @ Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr. Machette
7/08/2019 10:38am,
I feel like there's something to be learned from this but I don't know what.
Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/ezpqexUv5IE

Raycetpfl
7/08/2019 10:53am,
I feel like there's something to be learned from this but I don't know what.
Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/ezpqexUv5IE

Something to consider/learn:They likely don't have guns or knives in disney.

https://youtu.be/erP2JxvVn-E

Dung Beatles
7/08/2019 11:21am,
So, my thoughts are that Disney's security protocols seem to rely entirely on people not wanting to make a scene because none of those guys tried to cuff the psycho in the red shirt.

Permalost
7/08/2019 11:44am,
I learned that there's a 3 minute window for causing mayhem at Disneyland.

hungryjoe
7/08/2019 12:09pm,
Parenting is hard.

https://ktla.com/2019/07/08/caught-on-video-fight-breaks-out-at-disneyland-as-children-watch/

Anaheim police on Monday said they're continuing their investigation of a violent fight involving members of the same family visiting Disneyland after video of the brawl surfaced online.

The footage, recorded at Mickey's Toontown on Saturday, shows two men and two women throwing punches at each other near at least three young children, two of them in a stroller.

Several people tried to intervene and stop the altercation, as other parkgoers, including children, appeared stunned.

Park security eventually arrived to stop the fight. It's unclear how much time passed before they got to the scene.

"We do not condone this behavior," a Disneyland official said in a statement.

On Monday, Anaheim police said everyone involved in the fight belongs to the same family and that they were uncooperative when officers responded to the scene.

"A report was taken," the Police Department said. "There was no video at the time. Now that we have video, the investigation can continue."

submessenger
7/08/2019 12:16pm,
Dieting is hard.

(edit)
A goony goo hoo.

Diesel_tke
7/08/2019 3:23pm,
I always think it is funny when people say stuff like, "why would they do that in front of their kids" or gasping, "and they have kids". Stuff like that. As if having kids automatically makes you a responsible adult. Some people don't give a damn and having kids doesn't make them give a damn any more.

Back on topic, I have a cousin who works a Disney and a friend who works there. They have both told me that Disney goes through extraordinary measures to keep everything out of the public eye. They have people who jump out of the bushes to take care of stuff so that other people don't see it. so I'm a little surprised that this went on as long as it did.

battlefields
7/08/2019 9:32pm,
I always think it is funny when people say stuff like, "why would they do that in front of their kids" or gasping, "and they have kids". Stuff like that. As if having kids automatically makes you a responsible adult. Some people don't give a damn and having kids doesn't make them give a damn any more.

Yep. Totally agree.

What I don't agree with is my children's experience being tainted by a violent **** like this. If I had kids.

And there appeared to be no one looking after the crying kid in the middle of it all.

Made me want to grab the closest blunt object, identify the cause of the ruckus, and end it.

Dung Beatles
7/09/2019 5:23am,

Well, I think there is a strong argument to make about this kind of behavior around children being a kind of child abuse.

I'm a childless sad sack and all so maybe I am not the best authority on kids but on of the highlights of my grad school research project is that there's strong research correlation between morbid outcomes for children and witnessing violent behavior between adults in the home.

In therapeutic settings people often self report that verbal brow beating and physical abuse were among the most damaging experiences they endured, right up there with sexual abuse.

It robs a child of their security and once that security is gone they may not recapture it for the rest of their life. Even if they seem happy, that's not the same thing as feeling secure. Even children understand the concept of gallows humor and can find a distraction. Similarly,vby giving them no other sources of affection, they will often form dependent emotional relationships with their tormentors without consciously going through the difficult process of reconciling that their parents are both care providers and tormentors.

Not because they cannot understand the duality but because if they recognize that their parents are abusing them for selfish reasons they will cease to have any true care provider at all.

The next time you meet a real snowflake, a weak desperately insecure person scrabbling for any false platitude of personal worth that they can find, ask them about their parents. After they tell you how much they love them, they'll tell you all the reasons that they shouldn't.

Edit: should come as no surprise that shitty people are shitty to their kids too, but I think that being inwardly outraged by it is at least healthy and at worst hypocritical.

Lily
7/09/2019 6:27am,
Family outings and holidays can be stressful and bring up all sorts of issues. It makes me sad watching that video. I don’t want to make assumptions about the family in question.

The idea of the ‘happiest place on Earth’ gives me the creeps.

Went to Tokyo Disney last year and it was great. People know how to repress their animal instincts there...

cualltaigh
7/09/2019 6:46am,
Oops - dbl post

cualltaigh
7/09/2019 6:55am,
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CarefulSharpAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif
The not too distant future of Disneyland.

Lily
7/09/2019 6:58am,
The ones in America at least.

Diesel_tke
7/09/2019 7:34am,
Well, I think there is a strong argument to make about this kind of behavior around children being a kind of child abuse.

I'm a childless sad sack and all so maybe I am not the best authority on kids but on of the highlights of my grad school research project is that there's strong research correlation between morbid outcomes for children and witnessing violent behavior between adults in the home.

In therapeutic settings people often self report that verbal brow beating and physical abuse were among the most damaging experiences they endured, right up there with sexual abuse.

It robs a child of their security and once that security is gone they may not recapture it for the rest of their life. Even if they seem happy, that's not the same thing as feeling secure. Even children understand the concept of gallows humor and can find a distraction. Similarly,vby giving them no other sources of affection, they will often form dependent emotional relationships with their tormentors without consciously going through the difficult process of reconciling that their parents are both care providers and tormentors.

Not because they cannot understand the duality but because if they recognize that their parents are abusing them for selfish reasons they will cease to have any true care provider at all.

The next time you meet a real snowflake, a weak desperately insecure person scrabbling for any false platitude of personal worth that they can find, ask them about their parents. After they tell you how much they love them, they'll tell you all the reasons that they shouldn't.

Edit: should come as no surprise that shitty people are shitty to their kids too, but I think that being inwardly outraged by it is at least healthy and at worst hypocritical.

Yeah, I took child psychology in college, too.

Dung Beatles
7/09/2019 9:06am,
Yeah, I took child psychology in college, too.

OK, I deserved that.

Devil
7/09/2019 9:34am,
Can’t have ****.