PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you used MA in a non-training situation?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lily
3/06/2019 3:36pm,
Disclaimer: I’m an unapologetic TMA enthusiast so some part of me wants to say ‘ha ha so there, you’re wasting your time and money training BJJ/MMA ‘ but another side genuinely wants to know WHEN was the last time you used it in a non-training situation. Mainly self defense situations I guess. However you can include competitions with monetary prizes but exclude what you do in your private time (ie one inch punch).

BackFistMonkey
3/06/2019 3:46pm,
I fell down a flight of hardwood steps (wool socks) drunk as **** the other day and didn't get hurt...

Hapkido ftw?

Diesel_tke
3/06/2019 3:53pm,
I'm going to need to refer you to my use of force reports.

submessenger
3/06/2019 3:59pm,
I once used triangle from guard as foreplay.

BackFistMonkey
3/06/2019 4:03pm,
I fell down a flight of hardwood steps (wool socks) drunk as **** the other day and didn't get hurt...

Hapkido ftw?

I see TMA peeps praising Taijitsu, nimpo, Black Panther Purple Kempo, Creole Swamp Judo, Chinese Line Dancing... I mean you name it, and I bet someone here has claimed it for saving their life on ice, steps, wet grass, bike crashes... and I can kinda see it for sure.

A little good ukemi goes a long way to take away the panic in the air. I honestly couldn't tell you if it was the Gymnastics, Hapkido, or Judo that specifically saved me the other day.

Raycetpfl
3/06/2019 4:12pm,
I foot sweep waitress when they are carrying large trays near me when I'm out. I hit him so clean nobody even knows.

Detritus667
3/06/2019 4:36pm,
Gardeners were chopping down trees in the patio when a big branch came through the window.

Immediate and perfect double cover saved my face from glass fragments.

BKR
3/06/2019 4:38pm,
Disclaimer: I’m an unapologetic TMA enthusiast so some part of me wants to say ‘ha ha so there, you’re wasting your time and money training BJJ/MMA ‘ but another side genuinely wants to know WHEN was the last time you used it in a non-training situation. Mainly self defense situations I guess. However you can include competitions with monetary prizes but exclude what you do in your private time (ie one inch punch).

At work, that's all I'm going to say, a few weeks ago.

Verbal Judo all the time, like, yesterday afternoon. Beats going hands-on, for sure.

BKR
3/06/2019 4:39pm,

Giving or receiving ?

And yeah, see what you did there.

slamdunc
3/06/2019 6:23pm,
At work, that's all I'm going to say, a few weeks ago.

Verbal Judo all the time, like, yesterday afternoon. Beats going hands-on, for sure.At work Sunday January 20, 2019 4:14 pm. Domestic call with (highly) intoxicated male (5'-11 235#) charges me as soon as I get out of the truck (no time for Gerbil Voodoo). Taser deployed to no avail (6" probe spread & his drunken state), I ditch the Taser, revert to double-leg, gained side control to Americana and got the left handcuff on, I transition to turtle top attempt & fail RNC, (grind his face into the gravel) in back mount--so I maintain this for 7 minutes until backup arrives. Despite this asshats demands that I kill him, he went to jail in one piece, this was in an ice-covered gravel driveway and I shredded a brand new pair of Rocky boots, ended up sore as hell for three days, but no injuries.

http://www.judici.com/courts/cases/case_information.jsp?court=IL083015J&ocl=IL083015J,2019CF42,IL083015JL2019CF42D1

BKR
3/06/2019 6:41pm,
At work Sunday January 20, 2019 4:14 pm. Domestic call with (highly) intoxicated male (5'-11 235#) charges me as soon as I get out of the truck (no time for Gerbil Voodoo). Taser deployed to no avail (6" probe spread & his drunken state), I ditch the Taser, revert to double-leg, gained side control to Americana and got the left handcuff on, I transition to turtle top attempt & fail RNC, (grind his face into the gravel) in back mount--so I maintain this for 7 minutes until backup arrives. Despite this asshat's demands that I kill him, he went to jail in one piece, this was in an ice-covered gravel driveway and I shredded a brand new pair of Rocky boots, ended up sore as hell for three days, but no injuries.

http://www.judici.com/courts/cases/case_information.jsp?court=IL083015J&ocl=IL083015J,2019CF42,IL083015JL2019CF42D1

Lovely, yet another reason I am glad I am not a road deputy/officer...glad you were not injured.

submessenger
3/06/2019 6:49pm,
Giving or receiving ?

And yeah, see what you did there.

I see what YOU did there. I'm a giver, wife wanted to know what BJJ was like, so I choked her. No David Carradine jokes, please.

On the serious side, ukemi is always a win. Slip on ice, breakfall. Fall off a ladder, breakfall.

I had one employee-to-employee fist fight where I restrained the aggressor with a back arm lock and half nelson.

Raycetpfl
3/06/2019 6:57pm,
At work Sunday January 20, 2019 4:14 pm. Domestic call with (highly) intoxicated male (5'-11 235#) charges me as soon as I get out of the truck (no time for Gerbil Voodoo). Taser deployed to no avail (6" probe spread & his drunken state), I ditch the Taser, revert to double-leg, gained side control to Americana and got the left handcuff on, I transition to turtle top attempt & fail RNC, (grind his face into the gravel) in back mount--so I maintain this for 7 minutes until backup arrives. Despite this asshats demands that I kill him, he went to jail in one piece, this was in an ice-covered gravel driveway and I shredded a brand new pair of Rocky boots, ended up sore as hell for three days, but no injuries.

Dude..... do you train bjj?

Lily
3/06/2019 7:17pm,
Was this with the 17 year old uke ?

submessenger
3/06/2019 7:22pm,

Yeah, but she was I think 30 or so at the time.

(edit: in b4 I beat my wife)

BKR
3/06/2019 7:36pm,

Still triggered...