PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the lies and moral high ground from GBNW professors.

Pages : [1] 2

gb72
12/22/2018 12:28pm,
Since I joined GB two years ago all I have heard about is the GB familia and GB FOR LIFE from my teammates and the other GB schools I attend. At this point I don't buy it and am going to have to move on. This post isn't so much about the skill as much as the backstabbing and lies.

Right now there is a big fuss because a long standing professor at my school, Cindy Hales, has been fired. At least this is what she has said publicly. Her former GB school announced that she resigned, replacing her with a temporary instructor who is basically a bogus purple belt who has absolutely no skill as a coach or instructor. This made a lot of people come out to support her on social media, but how can there be two entirely different stories on what happened? Everyone is siding with Cindy Hales who announced she will be opening up a new school within the next three months. This surprised me because she says she is torn to shreds about the firing, and it seems to be a quick turn around.

So I search it up. Her name. Some of the students that she seems closer to. Within ten minutes I have the name of the investor and location of the school she is opening, and guess what it's a student from the GB school. How am I sure? He registered the name of her known brand, Sleeper Industries under his name, but with her as the main contact.

Except one big issue. This business registration was done in April 12, 2018 - 8 months prior to your "firing".

After finding the evidence I cannot believe the things you say anymore. You quit your job and you know it.

If you need proof just search on bizapedia for Cindy Hales.

BackFistMonkey
12/22/2018 12:33pm,
MABS ------------> YMAS.
It is staying here while you get your stuff sorted out and linking privileges

What the hell is GB?
Link me or give me a description... This isn't rocket chemistry.

Dr. Gonzo
12/22/2018 12:38pm,
MABS ------------> YMAS.

What the hell is GB?
I suspect that GB in this case means Gracie Barra.

Michael Tzadok
12/22/2018 12:38pm,
MABS ------------> YMAS.

What the hell is GB?

Gracie Barra bro.

DCS
12/22/2018 12:39pm,
What the hell is GB?

Gracie Barra.

gb72
12/22/2018 12:46pm,
MABS ------------> YMAS.

What the hell is GB?

Gracie Barra. I cannot link since I haven't done five posts. This should be in the Bullshido area since it's total bullshido.

Michael Tzadok
12/22/2018 12:49pm,
Since I joined GB two years ago all I have heard about is the GB familia and GB FOR LIFE from my teammates and the other GB schools I attend. At this point I don't buy it and am going to have to move on. This post isn't so much about the skill as much as the backstabbing and lies.

Right now there is a big fuss because a long standing professor at my school, Cindy Hales, has been fired. At least this is what she has said publicly. Her former GB school announced that she resigned, replacing her with a temporary instructor who is basically a bogus purple belt who has absolutely no skill as a coach or instructor. This made a lot of people come out to support her on social media, but how can there be two entirely different stories on what happened? Everyone is siding with Cindy Hales who announced she will be opening up a new school within the next three months. This surprised me because she says she is torn to shreds about the firing, and it seems to be a quick turn around.

So I search it up. Her name. Some of the students that she seems closer to. Within ten minutes I have the name of the investor and location of the school she is opening, and guess what it's a student from the GB school. How am I sure? He registered the name of her known brand, Sleeper Industries under his name, but with her as the main contact.

Except one big issue. This business registration was done in April 12, 2018 - 8 months prior to your "firing".

After finding the evidence I cannot believe the things you say anymore. You quit your job and you know it.

If you need proof just search on bizapedia for Cindy Hales.

Are we talking the same Cindy Hales that owns and teaches out of GB Kirkland? Because I know people who train there, and, well she is still the lead instructor, so I'm really confused as to exactly what you are talking about.

EDIT: Nope I guess 9 days ago she was asked to leave. Weird. Ok.

EDIT2: She said way back in 2016 that she wanted her own gym... Nothing new there. Still not seeing out that is MABS worthy at all.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/other-sports/at-41-mmas-cindy-hales-is-back-in-ring-but-whats-she-fighting-for/

EDIT3: GB Kirkland listed other black belt instructors... Are they also gone that they are putting in a purple belt.

gb72
12/22/2018 1:03pm,
Are we talking the same Cindy Hales that owns and teaches out of GB Kirkland? Because I know people who train there, and, well she is still the lead instructor, so I'm really confused as to exactly what you are talking about.

EDIT: Nope I guess 9 days ago she was asked to leave. Weird. Ok.

EDIT2: She said way back in 2016 that she wanted her own gym... Nothing new there. Still not seeing out that is MABS worthy at all.

EDIT3: GB Kirkland listed other black belt instructors... Are they also gone that they are putting in a purple belt.

Yes that is her. The issue is in the fact that she has tried to convince everyone she was fired when the stance from GB Kirkland is that she quit/resigned. The point being there is proof she has had her move in the works since April 2018 and is likely not telling the truth while painting herself as a victim.

Her statement is she was asked to leave but the facts show she was planning to leave.

Dr. Gonzo
12/22/2018 1:10pm,
Yes that is her. The issue is in the fact that she has tried to convince everyone she was fired when the stance from GB Kirkland is that she quit/resigned. The point being there is proof she has had her move in the works since April 2018 and is likely not telling the truth while painting herself as a victim.

Her statement is she was asked to leave but the facts show she was planning to leave.
So what?

Get over it.

Michael Tzadok
12/22/2018 1:20pm,

Not sure that I agree with you. Professional MMA fighter and 3rd Degree black belt has wanted her own gym. Just because she was making moves in that direction doesn't mean that she necessarily quit. Honestly who owns GBK if not the lead instructor? Why are they putting a purple belt in her place when they had other black belt instructors on staff? There are so many questions that your post raises, least of which are the validity of statements she has made.

Oh and she didn't say fired she said

Everyone,

For the past five years, I have worked to grow GB Kirkland into a school that I, and the whole team, could be proud of. We went from a few students to over 175, created a chill vibe that fostered friendship and personal growth. I learned many lessons, made many friends and achieved many goals.

On Thursday Dec 13, I was asked to leave Gracie Barra Kirkland, I complied. I want to reach out and thank each and every student who I had the opportunity to teach, train or just chat and share snacks with. Every moment was special. I want to thank Gracie Barra for the opportunity. I am forever grateful.

With the close of that chapter of my life, I am very excited to announce that I have a teamed up with some great people to form a new venture, Sleeper Industries. We have several cool projects in the works, the first being a new school in Lynnwood. We will be signing the lease early this week and starting construction on the new school by the beginning of the year. Our hope for build out is 3 months, putting the anticipated open date March 2019.

I am beyond ecstatic about this new venture and hope everyone will share in my excitement and come train with me at our new school.

For updates on all our projects keep following my FB or contact me directly at [email protected]

Thank you all for the support,
Cindy
https://www.facebook.com/cindy.hales1

So what?

Get over it.
^^ What he said.

Omega Supreme
12/22/2018 2:43pm,
Not sure that I agree with you. Professional MMA fighter and 3rd Degree black belt has wanted her own gym. Just because she was making moves in that direction doesn't mean that she necessarily quit. Honestly who owns GBK if not the lead instructor? Why are they putting a purple belt in her place when they had other black belt instructors on staff? There are so many questions that your post raises, least of which are the validity of statements she has made.

Oh and she didn't say fired she said

https://www.facebook.com/cindy.hales1

^^ What he said.

Yeah, that looks like both sides of the story are correct. They asked her to quit, so she did which effectively firing her. I think I can understand where the OP is coming from. I had an instructor quit on me and then told everybody we fired him. Basically making us look like the bad guy.

gb72
12/22/2018 7:16pm,
The biggest issue is the lying. She quit with a plan already in place but is trying to make the school look like they victimized her. Everyone can say get over it but if you like lying, political B.S. and turning students into pawns then you have a point.

If you understand that she left a school high and dry without a fulltime instructor but lied about her being fired you get where I am coming from as a student.

The documents and facts don't lie.

gb72
12/22/2018 7:19pm,
Yeah, that looks like both sides of the story are correct. They asked her to quit, so she did which effectively firing her. I think I can understand where the OP is coming from. I had an instructor quit on me and then told everybody we fired him. Basically making us look like the bad guy.

You guys don't believe that her stating she was fired when she actually had an entirely plan in place over the past 8 months to be troubling? It's fine for her to open up another school, it is not fine for her play the victim, blame the school that has employed her. The investor in her new school is the person who registered her LLC 8 months ago.

She must think everyone is a fool.

BackFistMonkey
12/22/2018 7:22pm,
Gracie Barra.

the ball player?

Michael Tzadok
12/22/2018 11:28pm,
The biggest issue is the lying. She quit with a plan already in place but is trying to make the school look like they victimized her. Everyone can say get over it but if you like lying, political B.S. and turning students into pawns then you have a point.

If you understand that she left a school high and dry without a fulltime instructor but lied about her being fired you get where I am coming from as a student.

The documents and facts don't lie.

You guys don't believe that her stating she was fired when she actually had an entirely plan in place over the past 8 months to be troubling? It's fine for her to open up another school, it is not fine for her play the victim, blame the school that has employed her. The investor in her new school is the person who registered her LLC 8 months ago.

She must think everyone is a fool.

Bro she had that plan in place for over two years. When a 41yr old woman steps in an octagon and lets someone punch her in the face so that she can, hopefully, earn enough money to buy her own gym... She is pretty damn serious about owning her own gym. So it isn't like this idea of her wanting her own place is entirely new. Second, I might point out, that there isn't a whole lot of money in martial arts instruction. I challenge you to find an instructor anywhere who says there is. Most struggle just to get enough to keep the lights on at their gym while working a "real job" to eat. If she really is a good enough instructor that she can build a club that will not only support itself but her as well... More power to her and shame on GB for not giving her that opportunity a long time ago.

You are correct documents don't lie. However, that does not mean your interpretation of them is correct. A lot of things could have gone down to make her story correct.

From everything I read about her, BJJ and MMA are pretty much her only marketable skills. So she is trying to make a living and something went bad with GB... Sad.

Now... Why did a GB club put in a purple belt as an instructor when it has other Black Belts? Please answer this question because it is far more troubling.

W. Rabbit
12/23/2018 12:43am,
Gracie Barra.