PDA

View Full Version : The Project's Resident Idiot Asks The Hard Questions Of Dana

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

battlefields
11/13/2018 7:43pm,
Firstly, The Project is a left wing TV show devoid of character and intellect, however it makes up for that dearth with smug superiority and a penchant for pandering to identity politics. Secondly, Waleed Aly is the pinnacle of those characteristics.

Anyway, he's been slammed for this interview with Dana White (https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/waleed-aly-has-tense-interview-with-ufc-boss-dana-white/news-story/798bbcb8967f27bc5b28b4c9b51874d2?utm_medium=Facebo ok&utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_source=TelegraphSport&utm_campaign=EditorialSF) in which he tries to be a real journalist pressing the real issues, with his pretty but rapidly aging co-presenter Carrie Bickmore throwing in a jibe or two in order to attempt to remain relevant. I was genuinely expecting to hear the phrase "human cockfighting" and I'm not sure if I'm glad or disappointed that I didn't.

Seriously, though, this show must be dying, the internet is out there, if you watch The Project you really need to have a long hard look at yourself.

gregaquaman
11/13/2018 7:56pm,
So your concern was they did a bad interview?

brend0_
11/13/2018 8:02pm,
So your concern was they did a bad interview?I'm going to guess this is more taking any available opportunity to **** on The Project. Which for the record I'm not really against. *Edit* not against shitting on The Project. Feel like that gave the impression I wasn't against the show...

I used to think channel 10 was at least slightly less sensationalist than 9 and 7, but the Project has swayed me against that opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gregaquaman
11/13/2018 8:16pm,
I'm going to guess this is more taking any available opportunity to **** on The Project. Which for the record I'm not really against. *Edit* not against shitting on The Project. Feel like that gave the impression I wasn't against the show...

I used to think channel 10 was at least slightly less sensationalist than 9 and 7, but the Project has swayed me against that opinion.

I am more of an ABC me man myself.

brend0_
11/13/2018 9:05pm,
I am more of an ABC me man myself.Honestly I tend to avoid most news programs. Although I do have Sunrise on of a morning as I get ready for work, purely for some background noise. They at least let me know the headlines overnight, and my son's morning squeals drown out most of the other nonsense they go on about.

Lily
11/13/2018 9:25pm,
I couldn’t care less if someone wants to watch a show.

Read about the questions Waleed threw at White. I immediately (and probably unfairly) thought that Waleed was only interested because of the religious angle.

But I also do enjoy when journalists and presenters cross lines set by the interviewee or try it on with their guests. You want screen time, then be prepared to face the lowest common denominator.

BackFistMonkey
11/13/2018 9:30pm,
What the hell is "The Project"?

Lily
11/13/2018 9:48pm,
Left wing Lite-‘news’ Aussie style.

gregaquaman
11/13/2018 9:49pm,
I couldn’t care less if someone wants to watch a show.

Read about the questions Waleed threw at White. I immediately (and probably unfairly) thought that Waleed was only interested because of the religious angle.

But I also do enjoy when journalists and presenters cross lines set by the interviewee or try it on with their guests. You want screen time, then be prepared to face the lowest common denominator.

Yeah. It is not like Dana white could really be considered the victim in an interview. He is big enough and ugly enough to handle himself.

If they had thrown some cancer patient under the bus. I would have a different view.

gregaquaman
11/13/2018 10:03pm,
And john safran does a hard interview better.

brend0_
11/13/2018 10:24pm,
Left wing Lite-‘news’ Aussie style.

Maybe I was a little more oblivious to programs leaning left or right when The Project first came out, but I don't think it started off so left leaning. I feel like over time as they added new hosts in it took off in that direction a bit more. I don't know then Waleed Aly became some sort of "peoples champion taking on the hard issues", but it was when I started to see his videos getting praised and going viral that I started to notice how left leaning it was.

I actually watched a few episodes when it first started and didnt mind it. Although their need to always have these sort of weird roles on the panel no matter who was on it kind of bugged me. When Dave Hughes was doing his little comedic inputs to stories, it was sometimes funny and made sense with his personality. Now they've just made that seat a little comedy position and force silly jokes in with whoever is sitting in that seat at the time.

Lily
11/13/2018 10:45pm,
brend0 - I’m with you about low awareness of political leanings with my media viewing. TV is entertainment for me and not for fact gathering, maybe I’m old school. I used to watch it for a couple of years in the early days, I swear I remember it as a 30 minute show.

I don’t know what’s become of the show now.

P.s. Hughesy is good, like his drive radio show with Kate Langbroek.

brend0_
11/13/2018 11:12pm,
brend0 - I’m with you about low awareness of political leanings with my media viewing. TV is entertainment for me and not for fact gathering, maybe I’m old school. I used to watch it for a couple of years in the early days, I swear I remember it as a 30 minute show.

I don’t know what’s become of the show now.

P.s. Hughesy is good, like his drive radio show with Kate Langbroek.I don't get reception for Free to air at home so have Foxtel out of necessity. My tv viewing is usually some Stargate reruns/Simpsons/family guy. Only the classiest of entertainment for me.

I tend to listen to Spotify in the car as we don't have any radio stations playing metal. I can, when necessary, listen to their radio show as long as I don't have to suffer through their show intro first. Its just awful.

Lily
11/13/2018 11:18pm,
To each their own (unless Battlefield says otherwise? :D)

Kate’s ‘Barb’/Catfish segment was pretty funny!

brend0_
11/13/2018 11:21pm,
To each their own (unless Battlefield says otherwise? :D)

Kate’s ‘Barb’/Catfish segment was pretty funny!I actually got parts of that one. Love it when a scammer gets their time wasted/played. Don't get me wrong I will listen to their show on occasion and I don't mind Hughsey, just hate the intro.

battlefields
11/13/2018 11:30pm,
I loved The Project when it started, it was a great new format that presented the news in a conversational manner with Q-list Australian celebrities. After a while there were a few things that turned me off, but it wasn't the political leanings, I think that it had more to do with the access to information on the internet that meant the breadth of the news reached far further than The Project ever could in their timeslot.

Fast forward a few years and it became very clear that they were part of the outrage mob, they went after one of their own hosts when he offered a different point of view, and the overt appeals to emotion rather than fact that seems to have become its modus operandi lately, headed by Waleed, was evident in every episode I had the displeasure of seeing.