PDA

View Full Version : World Judo Day - did anyone do something fun?

Mackan
10/28/2018 12:53pm,
So it's, apparently, World Judo Day today (October 28th).

Did anyone honor / celebrate it, somehow?

Diesel_tke
10/29/2018 10:56am,
I almost fell out of my recliner when I was taking a nap after dinner. My youngest son decided to capitalize on the opportunity and climb on the top of the chair which had me flipping over backwards. I countered the attempted throw and regained my balance.

So, I'd say yes.

Mackan
10/29/2018 11:18am,
I almost fell out of my recliner when I was taking a nap after dinner. My youngest son decided to capitalize on the opportunity and climb on the top of the chair which had me flipping over backwards. I countered the attempted throw and regained my balance.

So, I'd say yes.

I would say this is the best reason anyone should train Judo. Thumbs up!

Lily
10/29/2018 10:00pm,
I enrolled my 4 year old in Judo and avoided the multiple TKD and Wing Chun (and BJJ) clubs around me.

Judo saves!

Mackan
10/30/2018 8:07am,
I enrolled my 4 year old in Judo and avoided the multiple TKD and Wing Chun (and BJJ) clubs around me.

Judo saves!

Close call! _wink_

To be serious, though, do the BJJ gyms offer kids' classes for 4-year olds? Wow!

I would say most BJJ gyms in Sweden doesn't have kids' training at all. But Judo clubs certainly have, all of them.

Any way - seems you have a black belt in parenting.

Lily
10/30/2018 2:54pm,
Gracie Barra here run 3-5 year old classes. Maybe 5 years ago they didn’t but the demand is there - class sizes and frequency are still a fifth of what TKD and Krotty pull in though.