PDA

View Full Version : The Predator - Short Movie Review

battlefields
10/01/2018 5:43pm,
Has anyone seen The Predator in the movies?

Holy ****, this was one of the fucking funniest movies I've seen since Thor, but I don't think it was intentional, or if the things that were intentional were the things I was laughing at, or if it was the unintentional things.

What I mean by I can't tell intentional or not is lines like, "attach the translator and download everything", an Autistic child just figuring out an alien language and technological operating system easily and simply, and the schlock/gore violence which resulted in a scene where two dudes shoot each other in which I almost felt my heart stop because I was laughing that hard.

The intentional one liners probably primed me a bit, possibly the edibles I took an hour beforehand too, but legit, it was a crack up.

From the "rag tag" bunch of guys just straight up committing treason over and over again, with stupid scenes of terrible shooting tactics that even I as a layperson that has never shot a gun outside of hunting for roos can see blatantly (like running in front of a line of people firing to fire with them? WTF??)

"Your speech didn't inspire me at all, but he called me a ***** and nobody calls me a *****."

MJCromwell
10/02/2018 2:04am,
I have to agree. The movie was a mess. Even the fact that there where extensive reshoots doesn't justify how odd some of those decisions are.

Did you can realise that the main human antagonist shoots himself in the head with the shoulder cannon? I didn't but apparently it happens but only a split second of it was left in the movie.

battlefields
10/02/2018 5:06pm,
I have to agree. The movie was a mess. Even the fact that there where extensive reshoots doesn't justify how odd some of those decisions are.

Did you can realise that the main human antagonist shoots himself in the head with the shoulder cannon? I didn't but apparently it happens but only a split second of it was left in the movie.

I think at that stage I was legitimately in stitches and was seeing stars from laughing so hard. Honestly, at one stage I had to check my heart because I had put so much pressure on it from the blood squeeze that came from the wheeze laughter, literally had one of the edible moments where I thought my heart had stopped and I might need medical attention. It passed, but fucking hell it was funny.

MJCromwell
10/02/2018 5:26pm,
I think at that stage I was legitimately in stitches and was seeing stars from laughing so hard. Honestly, at one stage I had to check my heart because I had put so much pressure on it from the blood squeeze that came from the wheeze laughter, literally had one of the edible moments where I thought my heart had stopped and I might need medical attention. It passed, but fucking hell it was funny.

It's like they got to the end of the film and remembered it was a predator movie and said okay let's put them in the woods and have most of them die in the space of five minutes, that'll do.

Kravbizarre
10/02/2018 7:12pm,
I heard the idea was good but halfway through it became simply “why the **** did you do this?”. Honestly the first one was the best, not only because of the cast/characters but the settings was brilliant. They were in a foreign dangerous environment being hunted by something even more foreign and dangerous.

They seriously could have redone the concept of the first film and instead of the jungles of guatamala maybe put it in afghanistan or something (like a SF team behind enemy lines). Something familiar but also different. Also have the rock (or somone equally jacked) play the role of the hero.

Id have my reservations on how well it would do though. The missing ingredient would be memorable dialogue. Like when jesse ventura offers the others chewing tobbacco and everyone declines promting his best line to date “bunch of slackjawed faggots in here, this stuff will turn ya into a goddamned sexual tyranasaurus. Just like me”.

battlefields
10/02/2018 7:33pm,
It's like they got to the end of the film and remembered it was a predator movie and said okay let's put them in the woods and have most of them die in the space of five minutes, that'll do.

That's what I meant about the treason, the dudes were just straight up capping government forces for a good portion of the movie, it was like, uh, guys, when this is done, you're fucked.

And the kid in the mask with the dude on the balcony. Like, yeah, okay, 7 year old autistic kid is going to be fine after that kind of ridiculous experience.

MJCromwell
10/03/2018 12:15am,
I heard the idea was good but halfway through it became simply “why the **** did you do this?”. Honestly the first one was the best, not only because of the cast/characters but the settings was brilliant. They were in a foreign dangerous environment being hunted by something even more foreign and dangerous.

They seriously could have redone the concept of the first film and instead of the jungles of guatamala maybe put it in afghanistan or something (like a SF team behind enemy lines). Something familiar but also different. Also have the rock (or somone equally jacked) play the role of the hero.

Id have my reservations on how well it would do though. The missing ingredient would be memorable dialogue. Like when jesse ventura offers the others chewing tobbacco and everyone declines promting his best line to date “bunch of slackjawed faggots in here, this stuff will turn ya into a goddamned sexual tyranasaurus. Just like me”.

I know and it's weird because allot of people attribute the funny dialogue to Shane Black in the first place, as apparently he was brought into predator to punch up the script. Plus the guy wrote lethal weapon for god's sake. I just don't get it.

MJCromwell
10/03/2018 9:19am,
That's what I meant about the treason, the dudes were just straight up capping government forces for a good portion of the movie, it was like, uh, guys, when this is done, you're fucked.

And the kid in the mask with the dude on the balcony. Like, yeah, okay, 7 year old autistic kid is going to be fine after that kind of ridiculous experience.

Or when the teacher just fucks off after hearing the fire alarm without checking the room and leaves a child just sitting on the floor. Why? Cos Movie need a bully scene.

That may just bother me because I work in a school.

Sovvolf
10/08/2018 7:08am,
I liked it.

ermghoti
10/08/2018 5:19pm,
I liked it.

On a scale from Chael Sonnen to Tommy Chong, how high were you?

Sovvolf
10/08/2018 6:22pm,
On a scale from Chael Sonnen to Tommy Chong, how high were you?

Melted prixstix.

NeilG
10/09/2018 4:53pm,
Id have my reservations on how well it would do though. The missing ingredient would be memorable dialogue. Like when jesse ventura offers the others chewing tobbacco and everyone declines promting his best line to date “bunch of slackjawed faggots in here, this stuff will turn ya into a goddamned sexual tyranasaurus. Just like me”.2nd best line. The best was "I ain't got time to bleed."

BKR
10/09/2018 7:08pm,
2nd best line. The best was "I ain't got time to bleed."

He stole that idea from Battlefields, the Original T-Rex of Sex.

According to him, that is.

Kravbizarre
10/10/2018 4:24pm,
2nd best line. The best was "I ain't got time to bleed."

But the question is “do you got time to duck?”