PDA

View Full Version : Fairly good list of what a Mcdojo is.

Omega Supreme
9/12/2018 11:47am,
Came across this video today. I had my doubts about it as I've see a few videos drop the ball on their opinion about what is a Mcdojo. What you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K_6IiVwvzo

BJMills
9/12/2018 12:36pm,
Good find. I think it’s a pretty comprehensive list.

My only minor quibble- which may be more specific to my area- would be the lineage (or lack thereof) argument.

I’d say pretty much all of the TKD schools around me have verifiable lineages and over qualify as mcdojos.

He did qualify his statements, I just notice- at least around me- most if not all of the mcdojos have a verifiable lineage. It seems to be one of their selling points.

You’re up the coast a bit. Different in your area?

Omega Supreme
9/12/2018 12:43pm,
Good find. I think its a pretty comprehensive list.

My only minor quibble- which may be more specific to my area- would be the lineage (or lack thereof) argument.

Id say pretty much all of the TKD schools around me have verifiable lineages and over qualify as mcdojos.

He did qualify his statements, I just notice- at least around me- most if not all of the mcdojos have a verifiable lineage. It seems to be one of their selling points.

Youre up the coast a bit. Different in your area?

Well he did qualify his statement by stating 'if they have most of these checked off' instead of having all of these.

Moenstah
9/12/2018 3:12pm,
Came across this video today. I had my doubts about it as I've see a few videos drop the ball on their opinion about what is a Mcdojo. What you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K_6IiVwvzo

I think it's excellent, though more applicable to the US than Europe.

Shouldn't no touch sparring have been included?

Bneterasedmynam
9/13/2018 10:35am,
I think it's excellent, though more applicable to the US than Europe.

What the **** is no touch sparring?? You either spar or you don't. Air doesn't count.

Moenstah
9/13/2018 12:04pm,
What the **** is no touch sparring?? You either spar or you don't. Air doesn't count.

Don't ask me AFAIK it's an American thing. First time I heard about it it was an American exchange student asking if I knew any karate clubs that were into that
. I managed not to laugh in her face, she was in the wrong (namely Jon Bluming)country

Drunken Soim
9/14/2018 6:05am,

He did mention chi balls and no touch knockouts, though.

Great video, by the way. Most of what he mentioned applies to Brazilian McDojos as well.

Omega Supreme
9/14/2018 12:00pm,
Heh, chi balls.

ermghoti
9/14/2018 4:49pm,
You'd also want to look out for claims of an inordinate number of high ranks, extensive MMA career, teaching a self-founded style, mixing up cultures, e.g. naming a kung fu school after a Greek myth...

Raycetpfl
9/14/2018 5:56pm,
You'd also want to look out for claims of an inordinate number of high ranks, extensive MMA career, teaching a self-founded style, mixing up cultures, e.g. naming a kung fu school after a Greek myth...

Even worse would be a Kung Fu school naming themselves after Norse/Old Germanic Religious Gospel/traditions. The culture appropriation of my peoples traditions and warrior culture by Asians is ridiculous and out of hand.

Omega Supreme
9/14/2018 6:11pm,

Even worse would be a Kung Fu school naming themselves after Norse/Old Germanic Religious Gospel/traditions. The culture appropriation of my peoples traditions and warrior culture by Asians is ridiculous and out of hand.

HEY!!!!!!!!

Ming Loyalist
9/14/2018 6:14pm,
What you guys think?

i think i heard that some morons from a website got sued by mickey d's for using the name "McDojo", so this guy should watch out for that litigious clown.

Gumby
9/15/2018 12:00am,

Bruh, if I hit you Id kill you and Id be sentenced to 2 lifetime prison sentences because my hands are registered....

Raycetpfl
9/15/2018 1:16am,
Bruh, if I hit you Id kill you and Id be sentenced to 2 lifetime prison sentences because my hands are registered....

Guam makes you register as a black belt. I want to get it for the lolz...... but I am scared It would become exhibit A if **** goes sideways.

BKR
9/19/2018 7:01pm,
I mean, the place where warriors go AFTER THEY DIE ?

wtf...

Omega Supreme
9/19/2018 7:33pm,
I mean, the place where warriors go AFTER THEY DIE ?

wtf...

It's an inside joke.