PDA

View Full Version : Xian Jing Gung Fu?

Pages : [1] 2

swashbuckler
7/03/2018 5:52pm,
Hi, I’m looking to start martial arts training as part of a fitness drive following a relocation to the Catterick area (N Yorkshire) and about the only dojo in the area seems to be called “Progressive Martial Arts”.

(Sorry, I’m new and can’t post a link yet. )

The website states that “The Progressive Martial Arts core syllabus is Xian Jing Gung Fu (Freestyle Kung Fu registered with the CMAA)” and they also do jeet kun do and defendo.

The website is a bit unclear about the actual cost of the training and the class times, which was a bit of a red flag, so I did a quick google search and about the only specific reference to xian jing gung fu is the school’s own website. Am I reading too much in to an imperfect website or is this something i should avoid?

Nutcracker, sweet
7/03/2018 6:05pm,
5 sterling per class? Well, the price is right... if not a bit on the scary side, that seems too cheap for good instruction, and wayyyy too cheap for crappy instruction. Beyond that, there's not much to go on. So, I'll go with our resident pro's recent advice in another thread. Ask them:

1) Do they spar? If no, walk away
2) Is anything they do "too deadly?" If yes, run away.

Christmas Spirit
7/03/2018 8:31pm,
5 sterling per class? Well, the price is right...

You think five birds is cheap? Where the **** do you live that five whole birds is cheap?

Nutcracker, sweet
7/03/2018 8:34pm,
You think five birds is cheap? Where the **** do you live that five whole birds is cheap?

I've got one bird that you can have for free...

anthracite
7/03/2018 8:43pm,
I've got one bird that you can have for free...

Cheap bastiche. They come in pairs.

anthracite
7/03/2018 8:45pm,
Hi, I’m looking to start martial arts training as part of a fitness drive following a relocation to the Catterick area (N Yorkshire) and about the only dojo in the area seems to be called “Progressive Martial Arts”.

(Sorry, I’m new and can’t post a link yet. )

The website states that “The Progressive Martial Arts core syllabus is Xian Jing Gung Fu (Freestyle Kung Fu registered with the CMAA)” and they also do jeet kun do and defendo.

The website is a bit unclear about the actual cost of the training and the class times, which was a bit of a red flag, so I did a quick google search and about the only specific reference to xian jing gung fu is the school’s own website. Am I reading too much in to an imperfect website or is this something i should avoid?

Consider seeking out thy local judo judo. Cheap and widely available. If there is no judo around you should move.

and

Welcome to the site. Grow a thick skin and you'll do okay. Do you like a good hare dinner by chance?

goodlun
7/03/2018 9:00pm,
If there is no judo around you should move.

This might be the best bit of advice I have seen around these parts in a very long time

Christmas Spirit
7/03/2018 9:19pm,
I was thinking starling...

Christmas Spirit
7/03/2018 9:20pm,
Like my cat Clarice.

BKR
7/03/2018 10:24pm,
Like my cat Clarice.

Deaf kitty?

Christmas Spirit
7/03/2018 10:54pm,
Clarice Starling. My favorite kitty.

anthracite
7/03/2018 11:03pm,
Clarice Starling. My favorite kitty.

I am currently feeding a neighbor's outdoor cat while he's away for a week of family reunion. Had volunteered daughter #2 but forgot she was at camp this week.

Cause, I'm a giver.

also stepping up to the plate are an assortment of feral cats and the occasional possum and skunk. Be assured, will keep you posted on any interactions with the latter....

Cause you asshats are my blog.

BJMills
7/03/2018 11:52pm,
I foster kittens for a local rescue. It like a fucking 2nd job I swear, but rewarding when they get adopted.

King Moonracer
7/04/2018 12:56am,
I foster kittens for a local rescue. It like a fucking 2nd job I swear,

This is whats known as, "Whining over ***** that doesnt belong to you." Its generally not a good look.

swashbuckler
7/04/2018 1:22am,
Do you like a good hare dinner by chance?

Can’t say I’ve eaten hare before, but wouldn’t say no if you’re offering.

BJMills
7/04/2018 1:22am,
This is whats known as, "Whining over ***** that doesnt belong to you." Its generally not a good look.

What are you on about? The only time it’s worth whining over is when it doesn’t belong to you.