PDA

View Full Version : Glock, hammer time!

Pages : [1] 2

Kovacs
6/21/2018 7:28am,
I wasn’t sure if this story was worthy of the armoury as I spent more time laughing over it rather than contemplating the mechanics behind it. I’d nominate for badass of the week if it was still about.

Basically a SAS bloke’s pistol jams on a tunnel clearance and he goes on to get three kills with a claw hammer. Good drills!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5853135/Midlands-SAS-soldier-killed-three-Taliban-fighters-death-cave-raid-Afghanistan.html

ermghoti
6/21/2018 9:35am,
When your only tool is a hammer...

anthracite
6/21/2018 10:10am,
Bring back Bad Ass of the Month.

Kovacs
6/21/2018 10:29am,
Wasn’t it a few weeks ago we were discussing just how useful a claw hammer was for hitting people?

Sovvolf
6/21/2018 12:18pm,
The SAS has TEH R34L!!!

Diesel_Claus
6/21/2018 1:42pm,
Yeah, that's pretty bad ass, not gonna lie. But also weird in that the world has been lead to believe that a Glock will never fail. If you don't believe me just head over to the Glock forums or fan pages on facebook. They will tell you.

anthracite
6/21/2018 1:50pm,
Most badass is the guy was in darkness locating by sound and smell. Bet he was totally exhausted from the adrenaline dump.

King Moonracer
6/21/2018 1:55pm,
Yeah, that's pretty bad ass, not gonna lie. But also weird in that the world has been lead to believe that a Glock will never fail. If you don't believe me just head over to the Glock forums or fan pages on facebook. They will tell you.

Bullshit. I have had them fail to fire and fail to eject.

Nutcracker, sweet
6/22/2018 8:47am,

The most amazing thing about Glock is their marketing.

Bneterasedmynam
6/23/2018 8:05pm,

Never trust a plastic gun.

TheMightyMcClaw
6/23/2018 8:39pm,
I wasnít sure if this story was worthy of the armoury as I spent more time laughing over it rather than contemplating the mechanics behind it.

He was underground for 30 minutes, which he later said were the most traumatic of his career, despite a long stint in Iraq.When he emerged he was covered in blood and unable to talk because he was so distressed.

I find your sense of humor somewhat unsettling.

anthracite
6/23/2018 11:50pm,

Dude

The guy's 21st century weapon failed in a dark and dank cave. He killed some fuckers with a hammer. Going by sense of hearing and smell. In a cave.

So OP laughed. Maybe, just maybe, it was the whole Glock failed thingy. Look at his and other's posts on the subject.

Why you "unsettled"?

anthracite
6/23/2018 11:54pm,
Dude

The guy's 21st century weapon failed in a dark and dank cave. He killed some fuckers with a hammer. Going by sense of hearing and smell. In a cave.

So OP laughed. Maybe, just maybe, it was the whole Glock failed thingy. Look at his and other's posts on the subject.

Why you "unsettled"?

No attempt at acrimony. Stick to chain mail.

Kovacs
6/24/2018 5:20am,

It’s gallows humour, I don’t think it’s funny in a ‘haha’ way. It’s just such an extreme story, sometimes almost all you can do is to find amusement in them.

The guy would almost certainly get PTSD off of this, even if he’s SF and thats the price these guys have to pay to do things like this and whilst I come across flippant about certain things, in reality I take it very seriously.

BKR
6/24/2018 1:23pm,
Itís gallows humour, I donít think itís funny in a Ďhahaí way. Itís just such an extreme story, sometimes almost all you can do is to find amusement in them.

The guy would almost certainly get PTSD off of this, even if heís SF and thats the price these guys have to pay to do things like this and whilst I come across flippant about certain things, in reality I take it very seriously.
People who deal with the darker side of humanity and violence pain and suffering that we inflict on each other do tend to use so-called Gallows humor to blow off stress and help process things.

There's a lot of times people who haven't been through that sort of thing just don't get it.

Kovacs
6/24/2018 5:43pm,
Yeah it’s usuallt becouse they live to extremes and humour follows with it.