PDA

View Full Version : What's a good gun for an untrained person?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Holy Moment
10/11/2017 7:13pm,
In my job, I encounter a lot of people and animals on a daily basis, but the only weapon I'm allowed to carry is a screwdriver (Although it's technically not supposed to be used as a weapon).

A gun would really make me feel a lot safer. There's a flea market a few miles away from my house with a table that has a pretty good selection. What type of gun should I get?

W. Rabbit
10/11/2017 7:32pm,
In my job, I encounter a lot of people and animals on a daily basis, but the only weapon I'm allowed to carry is a screwdriver (Although it's technically not supposed to be used as a weapon).

A gun would really make me feel a lot safer. There's a flea market a few miles away from my house with a table that has a pretty good selection. What type of gun should I get?

First, I''m pretty sure it's illegal in NJ to sell weapons at public markets. Yes it does happen now but it's about as legal as driving up to a street seller in Newark.

Second, you need a FID card before you even attempt to purchase a weapon here.

Third, no gun is a good idea for an untrained person.

Therefore:

1 - Go get your FID
2 - Go to a range
3 - Get comfy with handling and shooting and safety
4 - Go shopping
5 - Post pics

submessenger
10/11/2017 8:01pm,
Guns are like motorcycles. As soon as you master the 250, you're going to want 1600. Might as well start at the top, so you start getting comfortable with the big one right away. Go big or go home.

Here's a few you should consider:

1. Smith and Wesson .500 Magnum
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/S%26W500.jpg/1920px-S%26W500.jpg
2. IWI Desert Eagle .50 AE
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b1/DesertEagle_50AE.jpg/1920px-DesertEagle_50AE.jpg
3. Arsenal Firearms AF2011A1 .45 ACP
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Pistola-doble-ca%C3%B1on-450x339.jpg

Ming Loyalist
10/11/2017 8:19pm,
since it's HoMo asking, the choice is obvious.

https://mysecretmountainhideaway.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/savini7.jpg

BJMills
10/11/2017 8:31pm,
AR-15 with a bump stock. Also get supersized chips and fill them with armor piercing rounds.

It’s the only way to be safe.

Sam Browning
10/11/2017 8:36pm,
If Holy Moment wasn't trolling, I'd suggest he look into the Glock product line since they are cheaply priced and do a lot of things well.

hungryjoe
10/11/2017 9:31pm,
May I suggest a punt gun? 4ga should do nicely. You can fill it with asphalt chunks and needles. For the street.

Good luck with concealed carry.

hungryjoe
10/11/2017 9:35pm,
First, I''m pretty sure it's illegal in NJ to sell weapons at public markets. Yes it does happen now but it's about as legal as driving up to a street seller in Newark.

Third, no gun is a good idea for an untrained person.

Therefore:

1 - Go get your FID
2 - Go to a range
4 - Go shopping
5 - Post pics

He could just print one out.

Penis

W. Rabbit
10/11/2017 10:33pm,
since it's HoMo asking, the choice is obvious.

https://mysecretmountainhideaway.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/savini7.jpg

It's hard to believe everything Tom Savini has created. Jason Vorhees, and that pistola codpiece, just to name a couple.

I've always watched this scene realizing how painful it would be to fire that thing, but also how non-functional the design is.

W. Rabbit
10/11/2017 10:38pm,
He could just print one out.

Penis

He could print out the most important parts, and gather the rest. He's quite talented.

W. Rabbit
10/11/2017 10:41pm,
May I suggest a punt gun? 4ga should do nicely. You can fill it with asphalt chunks and needles. For the street.

Good luck with concealed carry.

There's no luck involved in getting a CC permit in NJ.

The probability is 0.0 unless you are in a very select group of individuals.

ghost55
10/11/2017 11:17pm,
I recommend a Magnum Research BFR in .45-70govt. If you're on a budget I would just get a cheap coach gun, cut it down as short as you can, and only load it with dragon's breath rounds.

Permalost
10/11/2017 11:25pm,
A muff gun.

Kravbizarre
10/12/2017 1:20am,
'Become the ulitimate badass'
M41a pulse rifle in 10mm standard armour piercing ammunition with under barrel pump action grenade launcher.

Or if money isnt an issue and collateral damage necassary. Nuke from orbit, only way to be sure.

scipio
10/12/2017 3:50am,
Stalker pattern boltgun - what's not to like??

Holy Moment
10/12/2017 4:55am,
First, I''m pretty sure it's illegal in NJ to sell weapons at public markets.

Tell that to the vendor, not me.

Not with this guy.

1 - Go get your FID
2 - Go to a range
4 - Go shopping
5 - Post pic

I don't have time for that.

Anyway, the dude recommended a shotgun. That sounded like a pretty good idea to me, because it takes aiming out of the equation. The only problems I'll run into is if I have to shoot somebody at a distance, because shotguns are only effective at point blank range.

What I want to know is:

1. What kind of bullets should I get?

2. How do I cut it down so it fits into my pocket better?