PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Kai: The Series (?!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

SneakyGoblin
8/04/2017 8:26am,
http://tvline.com/2017/08/04/karate-kid-tv-sequel-cobra-kai-ralph-macchio-william-zabka-star/

YouTube Red will be airing a sequel series to the Karate Kid (1984) in 2018.

The premise is that Johnny the Antagonist re-opens the dojo, while Daniel-san struggles in life without Mr. Miyagi. It's being billed as a half-hour comedy series- I think that is more promising than trying to create drama based on the storyline.

I'm going to watch it. I'm ashamed of myself.

MisterMR
8/04/2017 8:50am,
Yes but - who is going to be the girl (woman) they're battling about?

SneakyGoblin
8/04/2017 9:18am,
Yes but - who is going to be the girl (woman) they're battling about?

I didn't see any mention of Elisabeth Shue reprising her role as Ali-with-an-I.

Maybe they'll take a different angle this time- the girl they are fighting over is Daniel's daughter, who gets disillusioned with her own father's teachings, and defects to the newly-revived Cobra Kai dojo.

PDA
8/04/2017 9:43am,
http://tvline.com/2017/08/04/karate-kid-tv-sequel-cobra-kai-ralph-macchio-william-zabka-star/

YouTube Red will be airing a sequel series to the Karate Kid (1984) in 2018.

The premise is that Johnny the Antagonist re-opens the dojo, while Daniel-san struggles in life without Mr. Miyagi. It's being billed as a half-hour comedy series- I think that is more promising than trying to create drama based on the storyline.

I'm going to watch it. I'm ashamed of myself.

Why ashamed? This sounds awesome!!

SneakyGoblin
8/04/2017 9:49am,

I'm a middle-aged white hetero American male in the 2000s. Shame is my default state.

But thanks for the response all the same, it helps me keep some perspective.

PDA
8/04/2017 10:02am,
I'm a middle-aged white hetero American male in the 2000s. Shame is my default state.

But thanks for the response all the same, it helps me keep some perspective.

Oh yeah you guys are still paying for slavery.

Should you even be encouraging the cultural appropriation of a Japanese art?

SneakyGoblin
8/04/2017 10:16am,
Oh yeah you guys are still paying for slavery.

Should you even be encouraging the cultural appropriation of a Japanese art?

See?! The shame never ends!!!

Permalost
8/04/2017 10:35am,
It could be good if its about how karate has made both men washed up losers.

SneakyGoblin
8/04/2017 10:43am,
It could be good if its about how karate has made both men washed up losers.

As the saying goes "Art imitates life."

Maybe the story arc will have both of them take up jujutsu after getting Pwned at the inevitable tournament .....

Raycetpfl
8/04/2017 11:41am,

Only if they get Dojo raided by a Gracie.

PDA
8/04/2017 1:33pm,
Only if they get Dojo raided by a Gracie.

And John Creese appears to sweep Ricksons leg into another dimension .

Raycetpfl
8/04/2017 3:10pm,
And John Creese appears to sweep Ricksons leg into another dimension .

John Creese couldnt beat a Happy Days cast member.

http://www.trend-chaser.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2016/08/Pat-Morita-Happy-Days.jpg

PDA
8/04/2017 4:34pm,
http://m.sherdog.com/image_crop/200/300/_images/fighter/20140801041443_Picture20.JPG

Yes but Gracie's usually **** themselves and chicken out of fights with Karate guys

MisterMR
8/04/2017 4:38pm,
John Creese couldnt beat a Happy Days cast member.

Nobody beats Fonzie.

Mr. Machette
8/04/2017 4:41pm,
I can see Daniel and Johnny burying the hatchet considering they were both victims of John Kreese' toxic megalomania. A god complex he developed while burning villages in Cambodia which he has never recovered from or spoken of to anyone.
Only Miyagi knows. Commander Miyagi, decorated war hero and defacto leader of Group Black. He loves the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like prequels...

GrouchyOldMan
8/04/2017 4:50pm,
I will watch every minute of every episode of this, and never speak a word of it to anyone.

The Karate Kid Enterprise is the cinematic equivalent of the Harley Davidson Road Glide or Nickleback.

It's not mathematically possible to have made as much money off of it as has been made if everyone who said they hated it was telling the truth.