PDA

View Full Version : Voter information request

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Wounded Ronin
7/02/2017 12:01pm,
So, it's been in the news that the Trump administration has requested name, DOB, party affiliation, voting pattern, and partial SS number on every voter.

It's my understanding that voter fraud is almost non existant.

How does this make you feel?

I'm a bit surprised because the response or pushback to this seems kind of muted among the voting public.

Bneterasedmynam
7/02/2017 5:33pm,
So, it's been in the news that the Trump administration has requested name, DOB, party affiliation, voting pattern, and partial SS number on every voter.

I'm a bit surprised because the response or pushback to this seems kind of muted among the voting public.

Well the Trump supporters will obviously cheer when he declares himself emperor. This could actually be very bad depending on the real reason for the request.

Evergrey
7/03/2017 2:24am,
My fiance is convinced that millions of votes in California were fraudulent and cast by illegal immigrants who were "let in through the back door." Probably because Trump or Fox News or something told him so. :(
He could not provide an explanation as to how this might have actually been done.
Anyway, plenty of people seem to be convinced that this is the case, and that it's worth giving up privacy for our "safety."
Because yeah, that's not going to be abused, nooo, of course not.
Leaders who have gone after the press and political dissidents (even when they won) have NEVER turned out to be bad news. (waves sarcasm flags around.)
History and pattern recognition, what's that?

Shawarma
7/03/2017 2:44am,
The notion that "millions" of illegal immigrants voted against Trump in California is sort of baffling to me.

It's California, the most rock-solidly Democrat-voting state in the Union. Trump's the opposite of what most people in California believe. How does it NOT make sense that California voted massively against him?

BackFistMonkey
7/03/2017 2:54am,

Mute has been on full blast for about two weeks.

Raycetpfl
7/03/2017 9:38am,
My fiance is convinced that millions of votes in California were fraudulent and cast by illegal immigrants who were "let in through the back door." Probably because Trump or Fox News or something told him so. :(
He could not provide an explanation as to how this might have actually been done.
Anyway, plenty of people seem to be convinced that this is the case, and that it's worth giving up privacy for our "safety."
Because yeah, that's not going to be abused, nooo, of course not.
Leaders who have gone after the press and political dissidents (even when they won) have NEVER turned out to be bad news. (waves sarcasm flags around.)
History and pattern recognition, what's that?

I have never heard a better reason to call off an engagement.

1bad65
7/03/2017 10:20am,
There have been cases of voter fraud. There have even been criminal convictions.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-fraud-idUSKCN12S213
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article111029767.html
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/09/canvassers-charged-in-fake-fraudulent-voter-registrations.html
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/17/cincinnati-illegal-voting/2530119/

Since there are cases and evidence involving voter fraud, it only makes sense to investigate and see how widespread it is.

Hell, we're having multiple investigations about this Russian collusion nonsense even though to date there is ZERO evidence of it. Here we have actual evidence, and even convictions, yet the same folks defending the Russia investigation are against investigating voter fraud.

Shawarma
7/03/2017 11:01am,
They investigated it already.

They found like 5 cases of voter fraud. It simply is not an issue. It's Trump being an asshurt shitfaggot. As usual.

1bad65
7/03/2017 11:04am,
They investigated it already.

They found like 5 cases of voter fraud. It simply is not an issue. It's Trump being an asshurt shitfaggot. As usual.

No, they have not investigated it in the manner Trump wants.

May I ask why you so vociferously oppose investigating voter fraud?

Shawarma
7/03/2017 11:12am,
Because it is quite obviously bogus. There is nothing remotely indicating that a significant number of votes were cast erronously and for it to even MATTER in this discussion, you would need THREE MOTHERFUCKING MILLION FAKE VOTES! Believing this to be even remotely realistic requires a fairly impressive amount of self delusion, or an equally impressive brain tumour.

But go ahead, piss away your tax dollars performing even more investigations that will turn up precisely dick. It's not as if said result of dick is going to change your or Trump's mind on this matter. 5000+ Benghazi investigations didn't turn up fuckall either and the average GOP voter still believes Clinton drinks American blood from a silver goblet.

1bad65
7/03/2017 11:17am,
Because it is quite obviously bogus.

False.

Example were cited. Did you miss those?

There is nothing remotely indicating that a significant number of votes were cast erronously and for it to even MATTER in this discussion, you would need THREE MOTHERFUCKING MILLION FAKE VOTES!

And without an investigation, you know this how?

B
But go ahead, piss away your tax dollars performing even more investigations that will turn up precisely dick.

Again, we've already found examples, before the investigation.

You keep ignoring that inconvenient fact.

Shawarma
7/03/2017 11:23am,
Yes. You found like 5 fraudulent votes.*

I realise you're from Texas and all, but 5 is a smaller number than 3.000.000. Voter fraud on this scale just. did. not. occur. It's Trump telling stories as usual.

The only thing puzzling here is that you somehow keep believing them.

- he claimed that he had "very credible evidence" that Obamas birth certificate was fake. No such evidence has ever been revealed.

- he claimed that Obama wiretapped him. He has produced no such evidence and has now seemingly forgotten he ever said it.

Lying to Trump is an excellent tool to keep attention on himself, because his main asset is his ability to grab that attention. He seems to think that his viewer ratings is the most important thing in his presidency, which is why he throws out these accusations willy-nilly. They work for their intended purpose.

*yes, I do realise that the number was not 5. It was still ridiculously tiny compared to Trump's silly claims.

1bad65
7/03/2017 11:37am,
Since you're resorting to insult and fallacy (non sequiturs to be precise), I'll end this now.

Like I said, we have evidence and convictions. I'm confident more will be found if the investigation proceeds. Apparently you feel otherwise.

Time will tell, and no reason to engage in online insult contests in the meantime.

Shawarma
7/03/2017 11:38am,
In other words, you don't have ****. Thanks for playing.

Enjoy your investigation. It's you paying for it, after all.

1bad65
7/03/2017 11:53am,
I have examples cited.

Please keep up.

I don't mind paying for something we evidence of.

If I kill a rat in my home, I don't say 'Well it was the only rat. Its isolated.' I lay out poison, traps, and a rat zapper and am on the lookout for more. And I may well call an exterminator.

Shawarma
7/03/2017 11:58am,
Like I said, enjoy it. I won't expect you to become any wiser when nothing turns up. You apparently didn't get any wiser when Trump failed to provide evidence for Obama not being a citizen or Obama wiretapping his office or the election being rigged in favour of Clinton (lol) or any one of a hundred other transparent lies you eat up like a dog eats its own ****.