PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to Concord Nc need recommendations..two part question.

Rmjim
5/20/2017 10:00am,
First of all I would like to state I am in no way, shape, or form stating that I am making accusations against any person. I am simply seeking recommendations. I am relocating to Concord for work and was looking for a reputable bjj gym. I found this website in nearby Harrisburg, maforu.com. It seems very reputable and peaked my interest. I have "taken" bjj classes for about 3 months over a year ago and I have an upper level belt in Chuck Norris style so I'm not new so to speak. Are there other gyms you might recommend in that area? Second part...I have noticed lots of jeet kune do training in the Charlotte NC region. Some by not so reputable folks and others I have no clue about. I know the Bruce Lee legacy never really recognized jkd instructors other than Dan Inosanto and R Bustimilia (sp). I may be wrong, I've never been into jkd that much, just curious as to what is out there. Thanks in advance and remember, I'm not accusing, I'm only asking.

BackFistMonkey
5/20/2017 10:08am,
Moved MABS -----------> YMAS

Hanniballistic
5/20/2017 12:26pm,
The gym you listed has a pedigree to Sauer - which is good - but I cannot find any actual Instructor or rank listed there - that is not good

My guess is it's a Concepts school and teh Submission Wrestling alluded to is CSW affiliate which is Erik Paulson - that is good - but again no actual mention of rank or who the instructor actually is - that is not good

Best advice, go check them out. Taken at face value they tick the right boxes, but with the above caveats because JKD has very patchy QC....and I am a JKD Instructor saying that

Oh and it's Bustillo by the way

searcher66071
5/21/2017 1:52pm,
The BJJ school you are wanting to know about is Mark Cukro's school. He is a black belt under Pedro Sauer, and a solid guy. I have known Mark through our both being Pedro Sauer guys, for quite some time. If you have any questions, just go talk to him. He is open and receptive.

mcukro
5/21/2017 2:35pm,
First of all I would like to state I am in no way, shape, or form stating that I am making accusations against any person. I am simply seeking recommendations. I am relocating to Concord for work and was looking for a reputable bjj gym. I found this website in nearby Harrisburg, maforu.com. It seems very reputable and peaked my interest. I have "taken" bjj classes for about 3 months over a year ago and I have an upper level belt in Chuck Norris style so I'm not new so to speak. Are there other gyms you might recommend in that area? Second part...I have noticed lots of jeet kune do training in the Charlotte NC region. Some by not so reputable folks and others I have no clue about. I know the Bruce Lee legacy never really recognized jkd instructors other than Dan Inosanto and R Bustimilia (sp). I may be wrong, I've never been into jkd that much, just curious as to what is out there. Thanks in advance and remember, I'm not accusing, I'm only asking.

I'd be glad to have you visit our academy and explain my background and show you my credentials. My phone number is on my site so feel free to give me a call or message me on FB. We have a great BJJ program and have been under Master Pedro Sauer for many years. - Mark Cukro

BackFistMonkey
5/21/2017 2:38pm,
I'd be glad to have you visit our academy and explain my background and show you my credentials. My phone number is (***)***-**** so feel free to give me a call or message me on FB. We have a great BJJ program and have been under Master Pedro Sauer for many years. - Mark Cukro

Welcome to forum Mark.

May I suggest taking that number down unless you want bored assholes and telemarketers and various citizens of the internet to call.

I mean the info is http://carolinabjj.com/locations/

That is your school correct?

BackFistMonkey
5/21/2017 2:41pm,
I like what I have seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQAW7JvXiTc

mcukro
5/21/2017 2:52pm,
Thank you, I removed it and yes that is. Can you remove it from your reply? I was trying to be transparent and didn't consider the unwanted calls I may get.

BackFistMonkey
5/21/2017 3:55pm,
Thank you, I removed it and yes that is. Can you remove it from your reply? I was trying to be transparent and didn't consider the unwanted calls I may get.

People can always find your phone number but sometimes adding an extra click is enough of a deterrent.

searcher66071
5/21/2017 11:14pm,
Mark, glad to help you out brother. This is Jon.

mcukro
5/22/2017 9:09am,
Mark, glad to help you out brother. This is Jon.

Thanks. I appreciate it