PDA

View Full Version : Bullshido Awards?

Rashomon
5/19/2004 5:55pm,
This thread was inspired by the "Dim Mak vs BJJ" thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12652

Do we have any awards we can give out? If not, I think we should establish some sort of award that we can give to people who expose MA fraud. The Fox news team would be my first nominee. We could even draw up some sort of certificate and mail it to them. How cool would THAT be?

Oh... and is there anyone in that area who wants a free week of training? If so, be sure you bring a (hidden) camera and tape it. :D

Dochter
5/19/2004 7:27pm,
I'm sure that the reporter really wants a MS Publisher home made certificate, tard.

manchuria
5/19/2004 7:48pm,
i nominate dochter for 'most pink'

Deluxe247
5/19/2004 8:07pm,
seconded

TaeBo_Master
5/19/2004 8:17pm,
The idea is good though. Doesn't necessarily have to be an award or anything, especially considering we're not any kind of organization or anything.... but when we see things like this, we can perhaps draft a letter to send to the proper people. In the letter we can let them know who we are, what we stand for, and thank them for their contribution. Just to get the word around, and let them know that such things are important to people.

jubei33
5/20/2004 8:41am,
how about an award to a gym for being a mcdojo? that'd be funny, get ronald mcdonald to dress in a gi.

Zub-Zub
5/20/2004 9:42am,
Originally posted by jubei33
how about an award to a gym for being a mcdojo? that'd be funny, get ronald mcdonald to dress in a gi.

Now THATS a good idea. And would be as funny as hell to see.

Dochter
5/20/2004 10:37am,
Originally posted by TaeBo_Master
The idea is good though. Doesn't necessarily have to be an award or anything, especially considering we're not any kind of organization or anything.... but when we see things like this, we can perhaps draft a letter to send to the proper people. In the letter we can let them know who we are, what we stand for, and thank them for their contribution. Just to get the word around, and let them know that such things are important to people.

Absolutely. I think that it is pretty important to let them know we appreciated the report.

Just honery lately.

Ronin
5/20/2004 10:46am,
Actually a bullshido appreciation award sounds very cool.
Certificate perhaps?

liuzg150181
5/20/2004 11:05am,
McDonald meal voucher along wif the cert.?

Dochter
5/20/2004 11:13am,
How about Phrost writes a formal letter of appreciation that also makes note of the prevelance of this sort of thing and that many appreciate the expossee as it exactly followed this website's mission statement?

I'm sure our legal beagle bbc members could take a look over it as well.

Or I can use some crayons or my /\/\4|) MS paint skills to create the aforementioned certificate of appreciation.

Dochter
5/20/2004 11:14am,
You guys like how I voulenteer others for work?

I do.

Boyd
5/20/2004 11:40am,
We tried this a couple years ago. I believe Phrost is still getting around to posting 2002's fattest Sensei.

Teryan
5/20/2004 12:53pm,
Different categories:
McDojo of the year
McDojo person of the year
Thank you for exposing a fraud,
etc.

PizDoff
5/20/2004 1:41pm,
Dochter - You can buy certificates from stationary and office supply stores that have all the nice little small prints on it.....

Phrost
5/20/2004 2:18pm,
Yeah, Boyd's right about the old "McDojo" awards.

I think it'd be best to keep it positive for now. Awarding letters of appreciation to people such as the news crew involved in this latest bit for example.

I'm sure I could have it professionally printed at Kinkos without much cost.