PDA

View Full Version : Screw it I give in

Pages : [1] 2 3

PDA
4/10/2017 5:42am,
Im taking my 3yr old son to Kung Fu lessons.

Once he is hooked on Martial Arts I will throw out his glass of piss and fill it with water when he is five and can do Judo/Bjj.

Here are some facts about Kung Fu many neglect on this site:

1)Kung Fu looks allot better than nearly all if not all martial arts when its being done

2)Kung Fu uniforms are better than all other uniforms (apart from ninjas)

3)Kung Fu has more great movies

4)In Kung Fu you can pretend to be a monkey, snake , lion and a dragon.

5)In Kung Fu you can be drunk and still doing it right

6)They have temples

Dr. Gonzo
4/10/2017 6:18am,

Once he is hooked on Martial Arts I will throw out his glass of piss and fill it with water when he is five and can do Judo/Bjj.

1)Kung Fu looks allot better than nearly all if not all martial arts when its being done

6)They have temples

Basic gymnastics is a great pre-8 skill development activity for kids that later go into grappling sports.
Boxing basics is also useful, with reasonable brain preserving practice, ie mitt work.
Having him double leg takedown you followed by a mount on home mats can be fun for both of you and plant a strategic idea.
You don't lose much, and may see many gains just by putting the little guy in as many different sporting activities as he will try right now.

Michael Tzadok
4/10/2017 6:30am,

Sambo and BJJ look pretty cool. I'll reference John Wick as an example of that.

Ok that one is fair.

Our definitions of great movies clearly differ. Once again John Wick 1&2. The Equalizer... Bleh... To each their own.

Yeah I got nothing for that.

Hey this works in Sambo too. There were times when the Russians would make us imbibe a 5th of Vodka before we trained. Grappling flow drills get a lot more flowy when drunk.

6)They have temples
Yeah I got nothing for that either.

All the ribbing aside. I applaud your decision to get your kid involved in something that can then evolve into something. Better something than nothing, and better something they will enjoy to start.

DCS
4/10/2017 6:39am,
Hey this works in Sambo too. There were times when the Russians would make us imbibe a 5th of Vodka before we trained. Grappling flow drills get a lot more flowy when drunk.
And this, ladies and gents, is how Systema was born.

PDA
4/10/2017 7:22am,
Compared to this?

https://youtu.be/xxvvgGWt2KI

Yeah flying and **** I didnt mention that

ermghoti
4/10/2017 7:49am,
Is your 3 year old drunk often?

Kravbizarre
4/10/2017 7:51am,
Kung fu does look awesome when your doing it as pre fight dance. I prefer gi's though in appearance and practicality. Kung fu uniforms are either **** material or too shiny. Gi's are serious bidness especially if they are a judogi or jiujitsu gi's (screw karate, they are too baggy and thin material).

Bneterasedmynam
4/10/2017 7:56am,

6)They have temples

You had me at #5.

Michael Tzadok
4/10/2017 8:29am,
And this, ladies and gents, is how Systema was born.

This statement is far more accurate than you know.

preschol
4/10/2017 8:53am,

6)They have temples

You are never too young to develop your inner Chi

PDA
4/10/2017 9:07am,
Is your 3 year old drunk often?

Just weekends , hes not an animal.

PDA
4/10/2017 9:08am,
Kung fu does look awesome when your doing it as pre fight dance. I prefer gi's though in appearance and practicality. Kung fu uniforms are either **** material or too shiny. Gi's are serious bidness especially if they are a judogi or jiujitsu gi's (screw karate, they are too baggy and thin material).

WTF TOO SHINY??

The amount of shine in your pants relates directly to your level of awesome.

ermghoti
4/10/2017 9:26am,
Just weekends , hes not an animal.

Oh, good, I was concerned for a moment there.

BKR
4/10/2017 6:37pm,

6)They have temples

yes, well, 4/10 for this one. I mean, really...

BJMills
4/10/2017 7:51pm,
I'd recommend karate instead. At least they have a legitimate competition format- point fighting- which seems to have some use in controlling the distance judging from a few current MMA fighters.

Sure it generates a few bad habits, but those can be overcome with further training later on, and the good habits can be kept and cultivated.

Plus, when you're talking about kids with developing brains, light contact is really the best way to train.

ermghoti
4/10/2017 7:59pm,
I'd recommend karate instead. At least they have a legitimate competition format- point fighting- which seems to have some use in controlling the distance judging from a few current MMA fighters.

Sure it generates a few bad habits, but those can be overcome with further training later on, and the good habits can be kept and cultivated.

Plus, when you're talking about kids with developing brains, light contact is really the best way to train.

Three year old. If he gets through the class without excreting on himself or getting caught eating a booger, that's a win.