PDA

View Full Version : KM vs the "Grapplers"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Michael Tzadok
1/07/2017 11:09am,
First for your viewing pleasure. Swallow all food and beverages before watching. Failure to do so may result in damage to your computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1i2JCMXmBk

Honestly this video starts to fall apart about 13 seconds in. Ok, it starts to all apart as soon as the black screen intro goes away, but it really goes to the dogs 13 seconds in when he says, "If you see a grappler coming to take you down..." In my experience, those take downs that work you don't typically see coming. Never mind the guy diving for a double leg from five feet away. Anyway... have fun.

Kovacs
1/07/2017 11:40am,
I'm liking the interlaced fingers double hammer blow. It's like something from a 70's Bond film fight scene.

On a more serious note he's working off the classical misconception that grapplers have to take it to the ground. Decent grapplers would choose to do so and if it did go that way they'd have the greatest chance of standing back up again.

BackFistMonkey
1/07/2017 11:49am,
Game Over.

Go home guys. This dude just completely changed fighting.

..... ****.

halfcut
1/07/2017 12:00pm,
Making this even more ridiculous is that this guy, Moni Aizik was a pretty accomplished Judo player in his younger years and was a trainer of former UFC Fighter Carlos Newton. He totally knows he's selling bullshit here.

BKR
1/07/2017 1:42pm,
That was bad. Thanks for sharing!

goodlun
1/07/2017 2:02pm,
I always love the bent over at the waist "takedown" that these guys always show.
No concept of a penetration step. No concept that there are multiple options other than just grabbing both legs.
Nope no idea that you can change the target of your take down from two legs to one leg or an ankle or a carry.
Of course the idea that someone is going to Bend over at the waist 5 feet away.
Of course there are no other takedowns available to grapplers, no hip throws, no shoulder throws, no trips, nope no such thing as a takedown with an erect posture what so ever.

BackFistMonkey
1/07/2017 2:04pm,
I liked the crawling. It adds an interesting dynamic to the drill.

Omega Supreme
1/07/2017 2:52pm,
UGH, I saw this awhile ago. I teach Krav and guys like this annoy the **** out of me.

ghost55
1/07/2017 3:58pm,
He's right you know. Even the best grapplers are vulnerable to surprise chair shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXs4Y9aQVFY

Michael Tzadok
1/07/2017 4:06pm,
UGH, I saw this awhile ago. I teach Krav and guys like this annoy the **** out of me.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably don't teach KM(at least traditional KM) but rather some MMA variant under the KM banner. It's Ok, lots of KM instructors do that, even ones with certs from the big orgs, but I have to say he is giving orthodox(what you learn at the Wingate) Km in the video.

Michael Tzadok
1/07/2017 4:13pm,
I always love the bent over at the waist "takedown" that these guys always show.
No concept of a penetration step. No concept that there are multiple options other than just grabbing both legs.
Nope no idea that you can change the target of your take down from two legs to one leg or an ankle or a carry.
Of course the idea that someone is going to Bend over at the waist 5 feet away.
Of course there are no other takedowns available to grapplers, no hip throws, no shoulder throws, no trips, nope no such thing as a takedown with an erect posture what so ever.

That's because they went to the Monday Night Football school of grappling. Shoulders down, head up, hit them in the hips, wrap and drive through. Makes a great take down in a sport that doesn't really favor sprawling. It might even work in a street fight to be honest. However, it isn't grappling. Anyone who got through a year of High School wrestling ought to know better how to do it.

Tramirezmma
1/07/2017 4:17pm,
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably don't teach KM(at least traditional KM) but rather some MMA variant under the KM banner. It's Ok, lots of KM instructors do that, even ones with certs from the big orgs, but I have to say he is giving orthodox(what you learn at the Wingate) Km in the video.

That's the real Krav, huh? Jeez.

ghost55
1/07/2017 4:27pm,

I hope IDF combatives are not nearly that stupid.

hungryjoe
1/07/2017 4:39pm,
I hope IDF combatives are not nearly that stupid.

Has me considering folding chair designs for everyday carry.

ghost55
1/07/2017 4:41pm,
Has me considering folding chair designs for everyday carry.

Personally I recommend christmas present carry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nym9-RvRTyQ

Tranquil Suit
1/07/2017 4:44pm,

I heard him also call it streetMMA.