PDA

View Full Version : Why ppl think TMA = cool

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

fang shen do
5/18/2004 1:02pm,
I can't get out of my head that time when I told my friends that I started learning MA, the first thing they asked me was: is it an old art, or is it ancient?
And each time I answered : no it's a modern style, made to work in the street only, they looked at me saying : oh that sux...
I remember that time I was talking with a friend of mine who was telling me that if he had to learn martial arts it would have to be an ancien still, something millenar...
Here is my question why do ppl

(especialy asians ( I am not being racist here, all of my friend are only azns)

like I said why do they think old or traditional = cool?

OneWingedAngel
5/18/2004 1:04pm,
Cause a fighting system that has survived for thousands of years must be good. Or so the thinking goes.

fang shen do
5/18/2004 1:06pm,
I don't see the point, a system can survive only because a lot of ppl studied it...

WhiteShark
5/18/2004 1:07pm,
Fang Shen Do is not lame because it's new it's lame because it's Fang Shen Do! Get it straight!

fang shen do
5/18/2004 1:09pm,
common... why do you say that my style is lame, first I didn't wanted to make a point about FSD, and second FSD as nothing to do with mcdojo

Miguksaram
5/18/2004 1:09pm,
The majority of the people are ignorant to the different martial arts available. Most of their exposures are through movies. So you just have to deal with it. I don't know what "Asians" you would be referring to as most of the Asians I know like more modern combative techniques. The others like the traditional styles simply for the art of it.

What the hell is FSD?

fang shen do
5/18/2004 1:10pm,
btw is just " way of survival in cantonese" why ppl get a big deal outta name?!!?

Colin
5/18/2004 1:11pm,
WRONG! This has already been covered in off-topic. It's all about the fashions!

This:
http://www.shaolintempel.at/images/trainingimtempel/shaolin-tempel-austria.jpg

versus

This:
http://www.sherdog.com/interviews/fshamrock_02/shamrock_02.jpg

OneWingedAngel
5/18/2004 1:11pm,
Originally posted by fang shen do
I don't see the point, a system can survive only because a lot of ppl studied it...

Exactly, if alot of people study it, it must be good. After all, lots of people wouldn't be pulled in by the same scam, would they?

Colin
5/18/2004 1:12pm,
Sephiroth: Stop confusing the poor little man..

fang shen do
5/18/2004 1:12pm,
Miguksaram to have an overview of my style go on www.fangshendo.com (and I say overview)

Miguksaram
5/18/2004 1:13pm,
Originally posted by OneWingedAngel
Exactly, if alot of people study it, it must be good. After all, lots of people wouldn't be pulled in by the same scam, would they?

Ummmm......can you say Taekwondo?

fang shen do
5/18/2004 1:15pm,
well how many student that ashida kim of yours as?? would you call it a good instructor? if crapy style couldn't get as much students as that, then what would be the purpose of this site?

Miguksaram
Miguksaram to have an overview of my style go on www.fangshendo.com (and I say overview)

I turn you now over to the dogs of Bullshido...God speed son and duck, because you are about to be hit with a lot of ****.

WhiteShark
common... why do you say that my style is lame, first I didn't wanted to make a point about FSD, and second FSD as nothing to do with mcdojo

Please stop saying Common when you mean "come on" you sound like an idiot. Perhaps english is not your native language, whatever.

But I will continue to mock Fang Shen Do for it's stupid name that shares the same problem as Shaolin-do.

Colin
5/18/2004 1:19pm,
Heh, Chinese-Japanese? or something like it?

Ashida Kim's got the whole Japanese-Korean thing happening, so I guess you have something in common.