BackFistMonkey
12/08/2016 7:25pm,
So poster kimjonghng found this:

http://www.wyllietkd.com/

also for the history chuckles

http://www.wyllietkd.com/the-origins-of-taekwondo/

'there is no doubt tkd is over 2000 years old'

- tries to link it to pankration
- apparently only the buddhists in China and Korea were smart enough to work out one can punch and kick, instead of exclusively one or the other
- The Ryuuku Kingdom/Okinawa apparently didnt exist until 1922
- Jujitsu and Aikijujitsu are apparently of Korean origin as well

and while I personally find his account ... odd ...
he did pull through and find a good one.

MABS thread : http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126212&p=2909864

YMAS please.

I have to agree.

BackFistMonkey
12/08/2016 7:30pm,
the title comes from

http://www.wyllietkd.com/faqs/

WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO WHEN I GET MY BLACK BELT?
The Wyllie system of Taekwondo is designed so that practitioners can achieve the below list of abilities as a realistic expectation by the time they reach the dan grade levels:
produce superhuman power on demand
apply it with precision
from a position of balance
with lightning speed
Maintenance, refinement and extension to include more techniques, requires constant practice.

scipio
12/09/2016 3:51am,
"Long Distance Combat. Taekwondo is recognised as the only long distance unarmed martial art because the techniques and strategies of Taekwondo exponents commence from a long distance away from their opponent’s reach."

Wow - this opened my eyes. I never realised that TKD was the only "long distance unarmed martial art".

All us lot doing karate, Muay Thai etc etc must have been doing it wrong all these years. What a revelation.

I was also fascinated by:
"WHAT MAKES TAEKWONDO DIFFERENT TO OTHER MARTIAL ARTS?
Attack. Unlike most martial arts Taekwondo is not limited to a system of self defence. Taekwondo includes aggressive techniques because sometimes the best form of defence is attack."

Again all those boxers, kick boxers, Muay Thai practitioners seem to be perhaps a tad passive compared to full on assault that is "Wyllie TKD"

kimjonghng
12/09/2016 6:54am,
May I ask when you say found their account odd, did you mean mine or the author of the article?

kimjonghng
12/09/2016 6:55am,
"Long Distance Combat. Taekwondo is recognised as the only long distance unarmed martial art because the techniques and strategies of Taekwondo exponents commence from a long distance away from their opponent’s reach."

Wow - this opened my eyes. I never realised that TKD was the only "long distance unarmed martial art".

All us lot doing karate, Muay Thai etc etc must have been doing it wrong all these years. What a revelation.

I was also fascinated by:
"WHAT MAKES TAEKWONDO DIFFERENT TO OTHER MARTIAL ARTS?
Attack. Unlike most martial arts Taekwondo is not limited to a system of self defence. Taekwondo includes aggressive techniques because sometimes the best form of defence is attack."

Again all those boxers, kick boxers, Muay Thai practitioners seem to be perhaps a tad passive compared to full on assault that is "Wyllie TKD"

I find it odd in one part he claims in china martial arts either used hands or feet, not both

jesus christ

Cake of Doom
12/09/2016 8:11am,
"long distance unarmed martial art"

Is that for giving Pen Pals a slap?

submessenger
12/09/2016 8:47am,
I didn't know they had coyotes down unda.

Bneterasedmynam
12/09/2016 9:08am,
First off everyone know Sinanju is the oldest Korean martial art. Second I never could figure out why people would argue over which art was older. Spears are a really old weapon, but they don't really do much against say a tank. So to me it's like arguing over who was the first neanderthal to make a fist. The real argument should be which arts are more effective.

kimjonghng
12/09/2016 9:31am,
First off everyone know Sinanju is the oldest Korean martial art. Second I never could figure out why people would argue over which art was older. Spears are a really old weapon, but they don't really do much against say a tank. So to me it's like arguing over who was the first neanderthal to make a fist. The real argument should be which arts are more effective.

Partly because I tire of nationalism and pride getting in the way of facts is why I tire of Korean martial arts claiming Japanese martial arts are stolen from their culture, let alone bullshit claims of links to pankration, or ones Ive personally heard that Korea is the origin of everything in asia and they were the first people to develop a kick.

Also because I laugh at super human strength claims. If these were legit I would love to see some top class power lifter study these arts and turn into a real life Bane or something.

Dr. Gonzo
12/09/2016 10:01am,

In Korea, door handles do not break.

Bar Humbug
12/09/2016 10:44am,
Fun fact: the schools that are all listed as locations for this idiot are some of the most expensive and prestigious schools in Sydney (ergo: Australia)

Second fun fact: I always said those arseholes were pansies

DCS
12/09/2016 10:49am,
...Korea is the origin of everything in asia and they were the first people to develop a kick.
The Korean is the most perfect creature ever to sanctify the Earth with the imprint of its foot.

slamdunc
12/09/2016 12:05pm,
The Korean is the most perfect creature ever to sanctify the Earth with the imprint of its foot.I remember reading The Destroyer novels as a kid. Remo Williams' Sinanju instructor / mentor, Chiun always said **** like that.

Pship Destroyer
12/09/2016 12:16pm,
I remember reading The Destroyer novels as a kid. Remo Williams' Sinanju instructor / mentor, Chiun always said **** like that.

1985, like I keep saying. It's coming back in a major way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_lKShbp3nw

Bneterasedmynam
12/09/2016 12:47pm,
1985, like I keep saying. It's coming back in a major way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_lKShbp3nw

It's lucky that movie was in the 80's, could you imagine the backlash today if some white guy dressed up as a Korean with a bad fake accent.

Bneterasedmynam
12/09/2016 12:50pm,
Partly because I tire of nationalism and pride getting in the way of facts is why I tire of Korean martial arts claiming Japanese martial arts are stolen from their culture, let alone bullshit claims of links to pankration, or ones Ive personally heard that Korea is the origin of everything in asia and they were the first people to develop a kick.

Also because I laugh at super human strength claims. If these were legit I would love to see some top class power lifter study these arts and turn into a real life Bane or something.

Better would if the actor who played "the mountain" in game of thrones actually trained in sword fighting. That would be some scary ****.