PDA

View Full Version : The seven deadliest and most obscure arts that no one even knows about

Pages : [1] 2

RogueManatee
9/21/2016 4:06pm,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JevT0BeUsFA

These martial arts are to street for tv! To street for you to handle! ALL YOU MMA LOSERS GIT AF YUR HIGH HORSE AND REALIZE THAT SYSTEMA IS GREAT.
(also that spetnaz totally do systema and not sambo, sambo is gay because men role around on the ground together and stuff)

slamdunc
9/21/2016 7:31pm,
Very street, indeed! Exceptionally lame video, the narrator apparently believes the **** he is spewing forth.

Jim Giant
9/21/2016 10:05pm,
Kalaripayattu one really makes me laugh, especially the idiots which claim it was the first ever martial art.

Kravbizarre
9/21/2016 10:20pm,
The african fighting and 'jail house rock' just looks like unskilled brawling throwing wild punches. The indian style looked more like their version of wu shu. Systema was too complient especially the spinning knife disarm that would get you gutted. Silat i dont know too much about but from what ive seen in the past some stuff is good and some terrible. The native american system is probably the more legit of those shown. Weapons work and im going to say the techs shown if they are authentic were most likely the ones used in warfare when tribes were going at it. The thai are ive never actually heard of but if its mt for the striking and judo for the throwing then its probably the most legit.

Bar Humbug
9/21/2016 11:19pm,
The african fighting and 'jail house rock' just looks like unskilled brawling throwing wild punches. The indian style looked more like their version of wu shu. Systema was too complient especially the spinning knife disarm that would get you gutted. Silat i dont know too much about but from what ive seen in the past some stuff is good and some terrible. The native american system is probably the more legit of those shown. Weapons work and im going to say the techs shown if they are authentic were most likely the ones used in warfare when tribes were going at it. The thai are ive never actually heard of but if its mt for the striking and judo for the throwing then its probably the most legit.

Last time I saw someone demonstrating a "Native American" system, it was nothing more than a reskin of Dolce Pares Eskima + playing with a tomahawk. Probably why it looks like it would work.

Sam Losco
9/22/2016 1:45am,
Dambe seems actually to be pretty popular in the streets pf sweden and france nowadays

Kovacs
9/22/2016 2:20am,
As usual MMA trained to a semi-decent level would annihilate all of that crap.

Michael Tzadok
9/22/2016 2:46am,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JevT0BeUsFA

These martial arts are to street for tv! To street for you to handle! ALL YOU MMA LOSERS GIT AF YUR HIGH HORSE AND REALIZE THAT SYSTEMA IS GREAT.
(also that spetnaz totally do systema and not sambo, sambo is gay because men role around on the ground together and stuff)

Well for the Systema category he first showed video of Mr Retuinskih doing some ROSS work(ROSS is an offshoot of Kadochnikov system, Spirodonovan Combat Sambo) and Mr Retuinskih holds Master of Sport in Sambo and a black belt(can't remember which Dan) in Judo. His ROSS system(essentially combat Sambo) is taught to the MVD and OMON. Then it was Starov. I think Starov has been adequately covered, and if not, google what Mr. Kadochnikov has to say about him. Then Vasiliev/Ryabko RMA... Clearly the guy has no idea what he is talking about. To lump the latter 2 together with Mr Retuinskih, well that is rather obscene.

Oh and both ROSS and Kadochnikov system are a simplified version of Combat Sambo taught designed to be taught to soldiers, much like MACP is a simplified form of BJJ designed to be taught to soldiers. Anyone from their camps will tell you that.

One last point. Most of the rule systems for competitive Sambo do not allow a lot of ground fighting. If a submission is not imminent the fighters are stood up and the match is restarted. If you want real ground work, you need something like BJJ. It's why guys like Fedor cross trained in BJJ for MMA tourneys and didn't just stick with pure Sambo.

slamdunc
9/22/2016 11:22am,
The african fighting and 'jail house rock' just looks like unskilled brawling throwing wild punches.I got to go head-to-head with a jail-house rocker about ten years ago. He tried to show me his fifty-two hands as I double-legged and mounted him. He told me that fifty-two hands don't work like that; I told him that it didn't look like fifty-two hands worked at all.

Holy Moment
9/22/2016 3:14pm,
As usual an out of shape dude winging haymakers would annihilate all of that crap.

Fixed.

Holy Moment
9/22/2016 5:06pm,
I used to have a PitFighting character whose fighting style was Dambe.

He had a prominent storyline where he beat up a Morpheus-cosplayer who was trying to rape a Bolivian woman.

Kravbizarre
9/22/2016 7:34pm,
I got to go head-to-head with a jail-house rocker about ten years ago. He tried to show me his fifty-two hands as I double-legged and mounted him. He told me that fifty-two hands don't work like that; I told him that it didn't look like fifty-two hands worked at all.
So is it an actual style? I always thought it was just a slang term for fighting in jail.

slamdunc
9/22/2016 7:46pm,
So is it an actual style? I always thought it was just a slang term for fighting in jail.I wouldn't call it a style, it's more like some hodge-podge crap, the fifty-two hands is like a flurry from the term fifty-two card pick up. Some people learn card tricks in jail, others learn to make people laugh and some find it necessary to learn to fight. The only way that I see it resembling a martial art is that they are (at least attempting) blocking, striking and kicking AND the fact that it is so inconsistent even within the same locale.

Holy Moment
9/22/2016 7:59pm,
So is it an actual style? I always thought it was just a slang term for fighting in jail.

It's a combination of slap boxing and **** dudes picked up from kung-fu movies in the 1970's.

slamdunc
9/22/2016 8:12pm,
It's a combination of slap boxing and **** dudes picked up from kung-fu movies in the 1970's.^^^That's what it looks like. The slap-boxing looks like **** that the sissy ass kids do on the playground.

ermghoti
9/22/2016 9:51pm,
Really? How would anybody take a list like this seriously? In the Internet era, the sum total of human knowledge is at virtually anyone's fingertips, on demand, instantly. If a martial art is unknown, it's almost certainly because it sucks ****.