PDA

View Full Version : Aus-some ninja cull

Cake of Doom
8/12/2016 10:33am,
If it takes you 3 days to get a good conditioning session in, you're doing it wrong.

So how do you feel about the quality of instruction and martial arts on display in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAq1Z0KjRN4

Even by ninja standards, that's still way down at the sucky end of the scale.

hungryjoe
8/12/2016 11:00am,
Even by ninja standards, that's still way down at the sucky end of the scale.

Disagree. There has to be scale below sucky.

Shitty?

Cake of Doom
8/15/2016 3:42am,
Disagree. There has to be scale below sucky.

Shitty?

There is loads worse than the sucky scale. For the sake of simplicity I rounded up, so sucky is just an estimate.

scipio
8/15/2016 5:34am,
A worse level would be sucky, shitty.....

Cake of Doom
8/15/2016 6:20am,
A worse level would be sucky, shitty.....

And "May contain traces of nuts"?

submessenger
8/15/2016 8:13am,
Friendly neighborhood MABS reminder...

cl1
8/15/2016 1:25pm,
I've loved reading this thread. It's so amusing. All I can picture in my head is master Ken, fictional grandmaster of ameri do te.

It also amuses me that ninjitsu schools exist. They must surely be nothing more than a commercial byproduct of the low budget 1980s movie scene.

The terms ninja and ninjitsu are not ancient. The terms were coined less than 200 years ago (positively recent in eastern terms). Much much older texts refer to shinobi, which basically translates as something broadly like spy or secret agent. A shinobi, or squad of them, would go under cover to gather intel or spread misinformation thus paving the way for a full on attack of the enemy by his side. The term shinobi sounds awesomely cool but it's only because most Japanese words do. A shinobi would be trained as a martial artist just because apart from being an under cover agent, he was also a soldier like any other. His combat art was not ninjitsu, which is a term that translates as something like the art if stealth and disguise. A shinobi fighting art would simply be the unnamed arts that evolved from whatever styles they picked up along the way, including various styles of Chinese kung fu, native Japanese arts and okinawan. Pretty much what we would now call karate and jujitsu, plus the weapons skills that we're recently removed from most styles to make them more sport friendly.

So in essence, a ninjitsu school, if it is true to the history of the art, teaches a bit of karate, and a lot of misinformation. The latter, as we all know, is just a posh word for bullshit.

submessenger
8/15/2016 1:35pm,
Excised: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57397

ermghoti
8/15/2016 2:38pm,
So in essence, a ninjitsu school, if it is true to the history of the art, teaches a bit of karate, and a lot of misinformation.

Well then, I guess modern ninjer schools are positively authentic.