PDA

View Full Version : My oh my, let the opinions fly.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

searcher66071
8/14/2016 9:40pm,
Have any of you guys heard of this guy? He runs the Ummah Fight Camp and is he a super opinionated fellow. I did a search for him on here and found nada. His videos are long winded and he is needing to get his basic info down before opening his mouth. I thought my fellow BSers might enjoy his little rants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KQ1YC-aRsI

BackFistMonkey
8/14/2016 9:48pm,
Have any of you guys heard of this guy? He runs the Ummah Fight Camp and is he a super opinionated fellow. I did a search for him on here and found nada. His videos are long winded and he is needing to get his basic info down before opening his mouth. I thought my fellow BSers might enjoy his little rants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KQ1YC-aRsI

I am not watching a 22 minute video that involves no demonstrations or sparring about why BJJ no-gi is hoax.

Thank you tho, I am sure someone will give a **** enough to watch it and analyze the content.

Jim Giant
8/14/2016 10:35pm,
Started watching it, don't know if I'm going to make it through in one sitting though.

cualltaigh
8/14/2016 10:37pm,
about halfway through so far. Essentially:

BJJ is a hoax (and a Gracie conspiracy - did the Villain give you the link?) because BJJ black belts needed to call in black wrestlers to help them be competitive in vale tudo before the whole UFC thing. [this is the first 10mins]

He's now claiming Daniel Cormier was gifted a BJJ black belt because he was a Div1 wrestler and to keep the mystique of BJJ alive (isn't DC a brown belt under Leandro Vieira?). Same for Cain Vasquez and Chris Weidman.

Accordingly, Joe Rogan is the head of the Gracie conspiracy for the UFC, as evidenced by his only having a Tae kwon Do black belt when he first started commentating for them. [~18mins in]. some random rant about punching/tkd/shotokan etc.

Rant against Eddie Bravo [~20mins mark].

Now BJJ is a viable art, but there is a hustle going on and the handing out of black belts to Div1 wrestlers is a kick in the face to true martial artists like himself.

Omega Supreme
8/14/2016 11:17pm,
The guy has the charisma of sandpaper.

searcher66071
8/14/2016 11:31pm,
I thought that someone might want to suffer through it as I did. O.o I tried doing some research into his background, but keep coming up short on any info. He is, at minimum a complete idiot. I had a friend of mine(Judo and Shingitai Black Belt) send me the video. It was painful to watch.

Raycetpfl
8/15/2016 12:32am,
I thought that someone might want to suffer through it as I did. O.o I tried doing some research into his background, but keep coming up short on any info. He is, at minimum a complete idiot. I had a friend of mine(Judo and Shingitai Black Belt) send me the video. It was painful to watch.

That was like listening to one of those schizophrenic Street Preachers. I couldn't make it through.

Dr. Gonzo
8/15/2016 6:02am,
Soylent green is...people.

ermghoti
8/15/2016 7:36am,
After that, if you haven't suffered enough, go listen to some videos from people arguing whether the kind of wood an electric guitar is made from affects its amplified sound.

Bneterasedmynam
8/15/2016 7:58am,
So then wrestling FTW??

submessenger
8/15/2016 8:17am,
So, umm, why isn't this guy in a gi?

NeilG
8/15/2016 9:00am,
After that, if you haven't suffered enough, go listen to some videos from people arguing whether the kind of wood an electric guitar is made from affects its amplified sound.
According to my buddy who makes high-end bass guitars for a living, it does. Or at least that's his marketing. Some of his guitars are made of two different types of wood split down the middle for different characteristics on the high and low sides. He does tell me that overall construction of the instrument accounts for about 25% of the sound characteristics, all the rest being electronics and amplification.

AprilRains
8/15/2016 9:11am,
The guy has the charisma of sandpaper.
nah, there are dudes who get off on belt sanders. this guy actually rates lower.

ermghoti
8/15/2016 9:17am,
According to my buddy who makes high-end bass guitars for a living, it does. Or at least that's his marketing. Some of his guitars are made of two different types of wood split down the middle for different characteristics on the high and low sides. He does tell me that overall construction of the instrument accounts for about 25% of the sound characteristics, all the rest being electronics and amplification.

That's within the range of opinions I consider reasonable. There are zealots on the extremes.

Devil
8/15/2016 9:25am,
That was like listening to one of those schizophrenic Street Preachers. I couldn't make it through.

****, that's an insult to schizophrenic street preachers. They're amazingly entertaining. We had one when I was in college who would come out to the middle of the quad every Friday to call women whores for wearing skirts and tell us all why we were going to hell for listening to rock n' roll. Incidentally, he was so old that the only example of rock n' roll he could think of was The Rolling Stones.

I saw people spit on him. He'd move around like a football player doing an end zone celebrations and jump up and down and point at people and tell them they were "GOING TO HEEEELLLLLLFIIIIIIIIRE!!!!"

I skipped school to watch his ass many times when the weather was nice.

Devil
8/15/2016 9:29am,

Pro-tip. It does.