PDA

View Full Version : Time to head on down to the Good will

Pages : [1] 2

goodlun
5/17/2016 10:46am,
Time to head on down to the Good will and pick up some old suits and the what not.

http://youtu.be/OlCZ2xqReLU

It would be interesting to make some "normal" clothes out of Gi material.

submessenger
5/17/2016 10:57am,
That looks like a lot of fun, but I'll bet there are some practical lessons to be learned.

goodlun
5/17/2016 11:07am,
That looks like a lot of fun, but I'll bet there are some practical lessons to be learned.

The biggest being is you can still color choke someone in a T-shirt

In fact I would suggest in a "self defense" class that color choking people in there rash guards is useful drill.

submessenger
5/17/2016 11:21am,
The biggest being is you can still color choke someone in a T-shirt

In fact I would suggest in a "self defense" class that color choking people in there rash guards is useful drill.

Foreword: I'm being serious. Yeah, and instead of using your sleeve for the ezekiel, you use the back of the t-shirt / rash guard as an anchor point. I'll bet brassiere straps are good for that, too.

goodlun
5/17/2016 11:39am,
Foreword: I'm being serious. Yeah, and instead of using your sleeve for the ezekiel, you use the back of the t-shirt / rash guard as an anchor point. I'll bet brassiere straps are good for that, too.

For those of us that live in places where people don't wear long sleeves, it is certainly important to have a few alternatives.

Raycetpfl
5/17/2016 11:54am,
Time to head on down to the Good will and pick up some old suits and the what not.

http://youtu.be/OlCZ2xqReLU

It would be interesting to make some "normal" clothes out of Gi material.

My daughter and i have matching Gi hoodies. my girl just picked it up from the tailors we had our Naga champion patches you get for winning Gi put on them.

BKR
5/17/2016 11:56am,
For those of us that live in places where people don't wear long sleeves, it is certainly important to have a few alternatives.

What is unrealistic is those guys rolling around like that in those costumes. In terms of self defense, get off the ground, take their back, or if stuck with them in your guard, guillotine and choke/neck crank.

No need to worry about clothing, really.

Or was the lack of sound for me at work did I miss something ?

Raycetpfl
5/17/2016 11:56am,
http://store.jitsugi.com/Gold-Weave-Jitsu-Hoodie-BLACK_p_38.html the sleeves are great for chokes.

Raycetpfl
5/17/2016 12:06pm,
You can choke with any fabric if you stack it and it will be rope like. That being said it's probably a better option to just use a "naked" choke which are much easier to catch out of a gi.

Suits, military fatigues (any really strong shirts like this), leather jackets and ski jackets don't take any extra manipulation and can basically be treated like a gi.

goodlun
5/17/2016 12:07pm,
What is unrealistic is those guys rolling around like that in those costumes. In terms of self defense, get off the ground, take their back, or if stuck with them in your guard, guillotine and choke/neck crank.

Nah they where just having some good old fun, the video certainly isn't anything serious when it comes to Self Defense.

Raycetpfl
5/17/2016 12:07pm,

They were just being goofy fucks for fun........ that's not fun for me.

goodlun
5/17/2016 12:08pm,
http://store.jitsugi.com/Gold-Weave-Jitsu-Hoodie-BLACK_p_38.html the sleeves are great for chokes.

That is just too JJ geek for me just like the whole BJJ belts for normal day wear.

submessenger
5/17/2016 12:09pm,

First off, totally something I would buy.

On the other hand, isn't that like putting a better weapon in the hand of your opponent? Granted, the common street thug that jumps you may not know a lot of gi-based chokes, but Lloyd Irvin and his crew certainly do.

Raycetpfl
5/17/2016 12:11pm,
That is just too JJ geek for me just like the whole BJJ belts for normal day wear.

I have one of those too and wear a bjj shirt almost every single day.

BKR
5/17/2016 12:13pm,

What, you don't buy into the whole zoo zitzoo lifestyle marketing strategy ?

You are such a loser you can't just train and get better without advertising it to the whole world ?

goodlun
5/17/2016 12:17pm,
What, you don't buy into the whole zoo zitzoo lifestyle marketing strategy ?

You are such a loser you can't just train and get better without advertising it to the whole world ?

Nah man, Nah, I don't even like wearing any of my BJJ Shirts, I do have a Hoodie I wear for a place that is no longer around.