PDA

View Full Version : My Beloved Corps is Dead

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Scut Farkus
12/08/2015 1:47pm,
http://i.imgur.com/eQVhZQM.jpg

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/12/03/overruled-on-women-in-combat-marine-corps-prepares-to-integrate.html

That's it, ladies and gents. This is the beginning of the end of the Marine Corps' long history of being a feared and respected fighting force. The Corps held out as long as they could. They fought it. They studied the ramifications. They proved that infantry units which included women underperformed across the board when compared to their all male counterparts. But they're going to have women combat troops rammed down their throats anyway. It's a sad fucking day.

This is a huge mistake and there will be a hefty price to pay for this. The ramifications here are much more significant than most people can grasp, I believe.

Everybody knows women aren't as physically capable as men, on average. And people who understand how the government works know that this isn't going to be as simple as allowing women to join if they can meet the same standards as the men. Oh, no. They won't stop there. The standards will gradually change for everyone in order to pursue this agenda. Mark my fucking words.

But the physical limitations are what everybody seems to focus on in this argument. That is not the crux of the problem. That doesn't get at the heart of the damage this will do to the Corps.

Here's the real problem. I've always said people join the military for selfish reasons. For me, and many 18 year olds like me, the Marine Corps was my choice because they had a reputation as being badasses. I wanted to be a badass. They told me my ASVAB score was high enough to do any job that was available to enlisted men. I told them I wanted to be in the infantry.

Why? Because I didn't want to be like everybody else. If I wanted to be a pencil pushing box kicker I could've done that anywhere. That's not what I wanted. I wanted to be a dick swinging, trigger pulling, filthy goddamn Devil Dog.

There were many, many young men like me. These were not nice boys. These were not people who wanted money for college. These were young men who were attracted to the fight. They were ready to kill our nation's enemies. They wanted to prove themselves. They wanted to be respected among men they respected. They wanted to be badasses and they were willing to go to extraordinary lengths to do so. It was an arrogant, chauvinistic, testosterone driven brotherhood. And that's exactly what the politically correct puppet masters say is wrong with the military. But let me tell you, those are exactly the people you want doing your fighting for you.

This brings me to the true cost of this decision. You're going to have tons of young men looking for that same badass brotherhood. Now they're going to look at the Marine Corps infantry and other combat roles across the US military and they're going to realize that if a bunch of girls can do it, it's not that badass after all. And they're going to go seek that opportunity to prove themselves elsewhere. You're not just allowing women to join. You're running off hordes of tough, aggressive young men who would become leaders of Marines. You're lowering the prestige of the job in their eyes.

We could pay heavily for that as a nation. Do you really want to turn the Marine Corps infantry into just a regular job that anyone with a pulse can do? Do you want to make becoming a combat Marine as easy as becoming one of the office drones we work with? I work in a corporate environment where fairness is a thing of utmost importance. If I had to go to war with these impotent fucks, I'd gun them all down and take their ammo.

RIP, USMC. You did your job well as long as you were allowed to.

BKR
12/08/2015 2:21pm,
http://i.imgur.com/eQVhZQM.jpg

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/12/03/overruled-on-women-in-combat-marine-corps-prepares-to-integrate.html

That's it, ladies and gents. This is the beginning of the end of the Marine Corps' long history of being a feared and respected fighting force. The Corps held out as long as they could. They fought it. They studied the ramifications. They proved that infantry units which included women underperformed across the board when compared to their all male counterparts. But they're going to have women combat troops rammed down their throats anyway. It's a sad fucking day.

This is a huge mistake and there will be a hefty price to pay for this. The ramifications here are much more significant than most people can grasp, I believe.

Everybody knows women aren't as physically capable as men, on average. And people who understand how the government works know that this isn't going to be as simple as allowing women to join if they can meet the same standards as the men. Oh, no. They won't stop there. The standards will gradually change for everyone in order to pursue this agenda. Mark my fucking words.

But the physical limitations are what everybody seems to focus on in this argument. That is not the crux of the problem. That doesn't get at the heart of the damage this will do to the Corps.

Here's the real problem. I've always said people join the military for selfish reasons. For me, and many 18 year olds like me, the Marine Corps was my choice because they had a reputation as being badasses. I wanted to be a badass. They told me my ASVAB score was high enough to do any job that was available to enlisted men. I told them I wanted to be in the infantry.

Why? Because I didn't want to be like everybody else. If I wanted to be a pencil pushing box kicker I could've done that anywhere. That's not what I wanted. I wanted to be a dick swinging, trigger pulling, filthy goddamn Devil Dog.

There were many, many young men like me. These were not nice boys. These were not people who wanted money for college. These were young men who were attracted to the fight. They were ready to kill our nation's enemies. They wanted to prove themselves. They wanted to be respected among men they respected. They wanted to be badasses and they were willing to go to extraordinary lengths to do so. It was an arrogant, chauvinistic, testosterone driven brotherhood. And that's exactly what the politically correct puppet masters say is wrong with the military. But let me tell you, those are exactly the people you want doing your fighting for you.

This brings me to the true cost of this decision. You're going to have tons of young men looking for that same badass brotherhood. Now they're going to look at the Marine Corps infantry and other combat roles across the US military and they're going to realize that if a bunch of girls can do it, it's not that badass after all. And they're going to go seek that opportunity to prove themselves elsewhere. You're not just allowing women to join. You're running off hordes of tough, aggressive young men who would become leaders of Marines. You're lowering the prestige of the job in their eyes.

We could pay heavily for that as a nation. Do you really want to turn the Marine Corps infantry into just a regular job that anyone with a pulse can do? Do you want to make becoming a combat Marine as easy as becoming one of the office drones we work with? I work in a corporate environment where fairness is a thing of utmost importance. If I had to go to war with these impotent fucks, I'd gun them all down and take their ammo.

RIP, USMC. You did your job well as long as you were allowed to.

I listened to a lot of radio reports on the progress of the tests you reference. Even Canadian radio (CBC) was covering them, and I have to say they did a better job than NPR, LOL.

We will see what happens when women start coming back in body bags (in larger numbers, I'm assuming some women have been killed already), complete with wailing parents and their now mother-less children. When the women get captured and tortured, raped (one can only imagine what IS animals would do, but of course, they probably sexually abuse men too), held hostage, etc.

I think that women deserve that chance to try to qualify to join combat infantry units, but standards should not be lowered. The standard for men is THE standard, established after a LOT of experience over the decades.

And before anybody accuse me of being a misogynistic sexist, no, I'm not. I've had my ass kicked by plenty of women in Judo practice, and respect their physical/mental ability to be badass fighters.

But that isn't ground combat, not by a long shot.

Scut Farkus
12/08/2015 2:30pm,
I don't think they even deserve the chance to try. Not individually. They've proven as a group they're ineffective.

Even if you have women that can perform the job, it will be a small minority of them. Think of what the taxpayers will have to pay just to provide a fair opportunity to a small handful of women. Even if you kept the standards the same (and they won't) you'd have to make a ton of special logistical accommodations just to include this handful of women. It's an inefficient way to do things and a horrible waste of taxpayer money.

BKR
12/08/2015 3:07pm,
I don't think they even deserve the chance to try. Not individually. They've proven as a group they're ineffective.

Even if you have women that can perform the job, it will be a small minority of them. Think of what the taxpayers will have to pay just to provide a fair opportunity to a small handful of women. Even if you kept the standards the same (and they won't) you'd have to make a ton of special logistical accommodations just to include this handful of women. It's an inefficient way to do things and a horrible waste of taxpayer money.

I agree that it's not really efficient. I don't think there are that many women who WANT to be in ground infantry combat...However, I think they should be allowed to try, with minimal accommodation.

Yeah, it will be a VERY small number of women, for sure.

I read an article by an American woman who was a dual citizen in Denmark, where women have been in combat units since 1988. She addressed some of the logistical issues, I'll see if I can find the article.

Ah, here it is.
http://www.breachbangclear.com/females-in-the-infantry-er-yes-actually/

and more from a person with real life experience.
http://www.breachbangclear.com/females-in-the-infantry-er-yes-actually/

Don't' get me wrong, I think that the political BS being done in order to make things more shall we say, "gender neutral' for women as combat troops is a bad idea.

However, if they can qualify, and do the job, and not lower the overall combat effectiveness of the unit, I think they should be able to help defend our country as equals.

If they are good enough (equal to the standards).

Scut Farkus
12/08/2015 3:17pm,
However, if they can qualify, and do the job, and not lower the overall combat effectiveness of the unit, I think they should be able to help defend our country as equals.

That seems like a reasonable enough position if you look at the issue philosophically instead of practically. That's my position for the key reason I stated. That it's going to run off a lot of good men, and that alone will lower overall combat effectiveness.

King Moonracer
12/08/2015 3:43pm,
That seems like a reasonable enough position if you look at the issue philosophically instead of practically. That's my position for the key reason I stated. That it's going to run off a lot of good men, and that alone will lower overall combat effectiveness.

Run them off to where?army Rangers? College?

Scut Farkus
12/08/2015 3:49pm,
Run them off to where?army Rangers? College?

Anywhere young men might go for a rite of passage or to pursue a calling that they feel is more elite and harder to achieve. **** no, not the Army Rangers. They're in the same boat as the Marines.

Bneterasedmynam
12/08/2015 4:13pm,
I knew an army ranger once, he shot off his own dick trying to rob a bank. I'm not sure that's a high standard of badass. But maybe he was just a low percentage of incompetent fucks that end up in the ranks. In all seriousness I think what this will really amount to is a much higher pregnancy percentage for the marines hahahahahahaha. I doubt it will cause many so called badasses to not join.

Bneterasedmynam
12/08/2015 4:15pm,
I should add that I do think that women should be allowed to fight, but only under the EXACT same requirements, no fucking special treatment period(not a pun).

Ulsteryank
12/08/2015 4:27pm,
Wooks are crooks. Combat effectiveness obviously being the major downfall, but also get ready for fraternization galore

Scut Farkus
12/08/2015 4:48pm,
I knew an army ranger once, he shot off his own dick trying to rob a bank. I'm not sure that's a high standard of badass. But maybe he was just a low percentage of incompetent fucks that end up in the ranks. In all seriousness I think what this will really amount to is a much higher pregnancy percentage for the marines hahahahahahaha. I doubt it will cause many so called badasses to not join.

You're missing the point. It's not about whether the people are legit badasses or not. It's about the mentality of the people you're able to attract. Putting women in the infantry makes the infantry look weaker. People with high standards don't want to be a part of an organization that looks weak.

Kovacs
12/08/2015 4:52pm,
I believe in fairness, that everyone deserves a shot at the future that they desire and there should be a level playing-field for that dream to be achieved on.

The problem is, warefare is not a level playing-field. It's won by gaining the advantage on the other lot, by exploiting any facet you can get your hands on and then using it to kill more of the other side before they kill guys on yours. It has nothing to do with fairness or equality or really, let's face it, what's right or wrong.

If it's fair to put women in combat roles then it's fair to have mix gender Olympics or have male NFL teams play female NFL teams. Then we can all watch as the female teams get smashed to ****. Some things just don't work. Women's physiology lends then to particular tasks, and I'm not fucking them off by saying child birth or knitting, they make better rock climbers, better fighter pilots (apparently), better at some gymnastics. Their stronger hips and thighs are pound for pounds better than men's, same with flexibility.

So far they've sucked at front line roles in the military though, compared to their male counter parts, it's not becouse their stupid or not commited, far from it, they're bodies are just not built for war in the same way. It wasn't when we used slings and arrows and it's not now that we use rifles, bombs etc. They do not stack up at this job next to men so therefore they shouldn't be there, it's not a game, it's not the playground.

Also the social aspects will be fucking weird, and I don't mean th heist as parties. Ther will be a lot of sex, sex between ranks, affairs, rapes that are real or imagined, unwanted pregnancies, bullying that's real or inagined.

Also there's th proximity of living. Infantry eat, sleep, shower and **** together, cheek by jowel. This happens becouse it's operationally practical and it promotes cameraderie. Could they do this with women? I won't work with someone I haven't done all this with, seriously. I've shat into a plastic bag a colleagues held for me, if a chicks not up for this I won't be in her unit. This isn't a joke.

Also tactically it changes the game, men react differently to women in combat, anecdotally I've heard that it's more likely that a man will instinctively help a wounded women first over a wounded man, regardless of the mission and th severity of the wounds.

Sure women have performed well as medics and in places with high security threats like in Israel but these are not front-line combat roles and certainly not top tier units like the Marines.

Edit: I'm tying to post on my phone so there typos galore.

Scut Farkus
12/08/2015 4:59pm,
I believe in fairness, that everyone deserves a shot at the future that they desire and there should be a level playing-field for that dream to be achieved on.

The problem is, warefare is not a level playing-field. It's won by gaining the advantage on the other lot, by exploiting any facet you can get your hands on and then using it to kill more of the other side before they kill guys on yours. It has nothing to do with fairness or equality or really, let's face it, what's right or wrong.

If it's fair to put women in combat roles then it's fair to have mix gender Olympics or have male NFL teams play female NFL teams. Then we can all watch as the female teams get smashed to ****. Some things just don't work. Women's physiology lends then to particular tasks, and I'm not fucking them off by saying child birth or knitting, they make better rock climbers, better fighter pilots (apparently), better at some gymnastics. Their stronger hips and thighs are pound for pounds better than men's, same with flexibility.

So far they've sucked at front line roles in the military though, compared to their male counter parts, it's not becouse their stupid or not commited, far from it, they're bodies are just not built for war in the same way. It wasn't when we used slings and arrows and it's not now that we use rifles, bombs etc. They do not stack up at this job next to men so therefore they shouldn't be there, it's not a game, it's not the playground.

Also the social aspects will be fucking weird, and I don't mean th heist as parties. Ther will be a lot of sex, sex between ranks, affairs, rapes that are real or imagined, unwanted pregnancies, bullying that's real or inagined.

Also there's th proximity of living. Infantry eat, sleep, shower and **** together, cheek by jowel. This happens becouse it's operationally practical and it promotes cameraderie. Could they do this with women? I won't work with someone I haven't done all this with, seriously. I've shat into a plastic bag a colleagues held for me, if a chicks not up for this I won't be in her unit. This isn't a joke.

Also tactically it changes the game, men react differently to women in combat, anecdotally I've heard that it's more likely that a man will instinctively help a wounded women first over a wounded man, regardless of the mission and th severity of the wounds.

Sure women have performed well as medics and in places with high security threats like in Israel but these are not front-line combat roles and certainly not top tier units like the Marines.

Edit: I'm tying to post on my phone so there typos galore.

Yes. And it's hard to understand that if you haven't been there.

Off the subject, but I'd also argue that men are better rock climbers, fighter pilots and gymnasts too.

FinalLegion
12/08/2015 5:01pm,
You're missing the point. It's not about whether the people are legit badasses or not. It's about the mentality of the people you're able to attract. Putting women in the infantry makes the infantry look weaker. People with high standards don't want to be a part of an organization that looks weak.

But that means that one of your talking points is that women should not be permitted to serve in infantry units because men, who want to prove what badasses they are, won't join up for fear of being perceived as soft.

I don't think that's a good talking point as I don't think the armed services need guys joining up just because they are insecure in their masculinity and think a tour in the armed services will clear that up.

Bneterasedmynam
12/08/2015 5:02pm,

I could see your point in regard to the seals, but do the marines have that type of draw?? I always thought of them as the "couldn't do any other job" branch. I have known a few marines and it just doesn't seem like the bar was that high to start.

Scut Farkus
12/08/2015 5:05pm,
But that means that one of your talking points is that women should not be permitted to serve in infantry units because men, who want to prove what badasses they are, won't join up for fear of being perceived as soft.

I don't think that's a good talking point as I don't think the armed services need guys joining up just because they are insecure in their masculinity and think a tour in the armed services will clear that up.

You don't understand this concept because you're an enormous *****. It has nothing to do with insecurity. Men know instinctively that which should be feared and respected and that which should not. It's animalistic. Dogs know it. You can't fake it or make it feel better. It just is. And a fighting force full of women is a weak fighting force. Recognizing that doesn't make you insecure.