PDA

View Full Version : Chin Na Rules

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Villain
10/13/2015 6:40pm,
I'm interested in hosting a Chin Na tournament of some sort. I wish to see what would happen, and hard sparring would do these dudes some good. I also want a way of honing standing grappling skills for my own uses.

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Matches start standing
2. Ippon Wins
3. Submission Wins
4. No positional grappling at all. Must be submission on the ground or a stand up occurs. Either way, stand up in five seconds.
5. Finger grips are legal, but must use three or more fingers
6. All subs legal

Only real issue is whether or not to cut Ippon. Basically, the concept is to train standing and flash submission.

Permalost
10/13/2015 6:44pm,
Why call it chin na?

The Villain
10/13/2015 6:54pm,
Why call it chin na?

Because I've been studying and developing it for a while. I studied Hapkido first, through TKD. Then Taiji Capture, through video, which lead to one poor guy getting maimed in an accident. I didn't expect it to work, but it did. I just ran it through the BJJ aliveness filter. Then I studied through text Hwarangdo, which lead to an understanding of the link between leg locks and wrist locks. Then I studied Yang's crane based and tai chi based chin na through text and video. I then found the Wudang Grappling Manual, which hipped me to tiger-crane and palm change. Then I sought Yang himself, but found his lineage instead. I then studied under them privately. I then worked with them to develop a hybrid method, which I failed to sell.

So basically, my exposure to this type of fighting is chin na based and has been since 1999.

The Villain
10/13/2015 6:56pm,
Plus, as a known name in standing grappling, it's a branding thing.

The Villain
10/13/2015 7:13pm,
I'm also thinking about a striking component. Same rules, with only attached striking allowed. Basically, have a grip to stripe, or strike against a grip. I want to isolate and highlight this particular skill set.

W. Rabbit
10/13/2015 7:14pm,
Then I studied through text Hwarangdo, which lead to an understanding of the link between leg locks and wrist locks.

LOL really?

The Villain
10/13/2015 7:22pm,
LOL really?

http://imgur.com/sicvenx

Yes, actually. Check it out. I'm a free thinker. Hwarangdo is off-brand ****, but I don't actually care. They have armdrag into flying scissors. They have wrist lock into flying scissors. I'm sold.

BKR
10/13/2015 9:40pm,
http://imgur.com/sicvenx

Yes, actually. Check it out. I'm a free thinker. Hwarangdo is off-brand ****, but I don't actually care. They have armdrag into flying scissors. They have wrist lock into flying scissors. I'm sold.

You are a funny man at times !

BackFistMonkey
10/13/2015 9:52pm,
"Hapkido with a focus on take downs, grappling, and leg locks"

DO IT !!!

BKR
10/13/2015 10:23pm,
Anyway, do judo. Don't read about it, do it, and after a few years your take-downs will get better, if you stick with it. But, not unlike BJJ, it won't happen overnight.

The Villain
10/13/2015 10:37pm,
I already studied Judo and went undefeated in my weight class at brown in the Shia and in ippon only matches. You can study other stuff besides the major arts you know.

Permalost
10/13/2015 10:56pm,
I would've really liked it if there were a competitive chin na venue when I did choy li fut.

Raycetpfl
10/14/2015 1:55am,
Anyway, do judo. Don't read about it, do it, and after a few years your take-downs will get better, if you stick with it. But, not unlike BJJ, it won't happen overnight.

Good advice

ghost55
10/14/2015 3:59am,
Please, for the love of Christ, can someone put me in contact with The Villain's drug dealer?

The Villain
10/14/2015 6:13am,
You guys don't do new ****? Or do old **** better? You just keep doing the same ****?

The Villain
10/14/2015 6:19am,
Good advice

I already did Judo, and Judo exists worldwide. There's little gain to be had from my doing more Judo. I don't learn as much, the world gains nothing at all, and nothing of interest is achieved. I like bigger projects than that. Stagnation is dull and really a TMA process. I want standing subs. Judo teaches throws, which I already know and already know where to find should I need more.