PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Crap Out of Cancer

blindside
10/02/2015 12:57am,
Time to fight for a good cause people! Beat the Crap Out of Cancer will be on Nov 7th, hopefully at a city near you.

Come, throw down, get a TBI to save a person from cancer. It'll be fun. :D

http://btcooc.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/188216407866418/

This will be my first, it is nice to have one hosted within driving distance.

Goddels
10/09/2015 11:02am,
I am going to the one in Toronto.

Permalost
10/09/2015 11:15am,
Sweet, that's on my birthday. I've been before (the North Hollywood one) and it was lots of fun to fight and watch others. Hopefully I'll make it again this year.

Permalost
10/11/2015 6:18am,
I remember a few years ago at BTCooC I did a match with padded bokken, and as soon as they clashed we both realized they were really solid and the padding did very little. I don't remember much else about that match but I probably sucked since that was before I really got into 2 handed sword (its one of the main things I train now). Also had a bowie vs bowie match and a sword and buckler match.

Chili Pepper
10/15/2015 1:35pm,
I am going to the one in Toronto.

Me too!

Chili Pepper
11/09/2015 6:44pm,
Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer was this weekend, and I'm delighted to mention that the total collected this year from the two Canadian venues, was $25,000 for cancer research. I don't know how much was collected in the US, but I'm sure it'll be impressive as well.

A big shout-out to the organizers, volunteers, and fighters!

(my club had 8 fighters, 5 of whom were first-timers. Lots of great fights)

blindside
11/09/2015 9:40pm,
I attended the Vancouver BTCOOC and had a great time. While I was the only guy from my group this time, I will certainly be bringing more next year, what a great event and a great cause.

Chili Pepper
11/09/2015 9:49pm,
I attended the Vancouver BTCOOC and had a great time. While I was the only guy from my group this time, I will certainly be bringing more next year, what a great event and a great cause.

How many fights did you get in? I had two knife fights, an espada y daga, a stick fight, and staff.

(and I was incorrect - the $25,000 is from all 5 venues, US and Canada)

blindside
11/10/2015 1:45am,
Just three. I picked up an impact cut in my first knife fight that had to be superglued shut so that slowed me down. Once I got more feeling back in my fingers (the impact was transmitting down the ulnar nerve) I took two more fights, single stick and double stick.

Goddels
11/18/2015 4:20pm,
I was just an observer in Toronto. There were a lot of knife fights. Some live stick fighting by what I can only describe as children. A few multiple opponent fights, Espada y Daga aluminium blade fighting, Krabi Krabong, Rene Cocolo and Tyler Morin even fought some of their younger students. Mostly stick fights, but that what people do.

Fighters from Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, and two from the USA (Albuquerque & Chicago I'm told).

Good times all around, and a great cause.

Chili Pepper
11/19/2015 9:37am,
A few multiple opponent fights

One half of the two-on-two fight were my guys. We tried to get a five-on-five fight, but it proved difficult - next time, we'll try earlier in the day.