PDA

View Full Version : Damon Darmon asks questions about Martial Arts concepts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Damon Dorman
9/21/2015 9:09pm,
What is the easiest way to correctly apply the rear naked choke (or any other standing chokehold) correctly to where the opponent passes out in 5 seconds? As for more specifics, maybe such as positioning of the arm(s), the amount of strength applied, how to apply the strength, etc.

ghost55
9/22/2015 1:27am,
What is the easiest way to correctly apply the rear naked choke (or any other standing chokehold) correctly to where the opponent passes out in 5 seconds? As for more specifics, maybe such as positioning of the arm(s), the amount of strength applied, how to apply the strength, etc.

Take a fucking class.

1point2
9/22/2015 3:37am,
(or any other standing chokehold)

This is like asking "how do I throw all punches?". There's a reason that people who want to learn these things generally study and practice these things with a knowledgable coach, such as you would find in a BJJ, Sambo, or judo class.

cualltaigh
9/22/2015 4:35am,

When in doubt, ask Bas*:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LppnEfRoFIM

*this advice is not intended to supercede or prevail over hands on instruction from a qualified practitioner.

Raycetpfl
9/22/2015 9:32am,

Trick question. You can't "correctly" apply a rear naked and choke someone out in 5 seconds. It only takes 3 seconds. 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand = ZZZZZZZZZZ
there are nuances to it that I don't feel like writing but I am curious .... why do you ask?

plasma
9/22/2015 9:36am,

Step 1: Find a Judo or BJJ school
Step 2: Show up to class

There is no step 3

blackmonk
9/22/2015 9:43am,

While the other posters have a real reason to be so caustic, I'll say this: There are a LOT of good resources on youtube for technique, even though that is often frowned on. If you aren't going to attend class, a reputable video is an ok (but still inferior) substitute.

For example, here's Clark Gracie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDaq6Fu1vGc

blackmonk
9/22/2015 9:44am,
Also, I think it's bonkers to apply a RNC from standing.

Raycetpfl
9/22/2015 9:54am,
When in doubt, ask Bas*:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LppnEfRoFIM

*this advice is not intended to supercede or prevail over hands on instruction from a qualified practitioner.

I hate being a technique snob....... but I am what I am.
1.his elbow was out of line. The choking arm elbow should be aligned with the center of the head/nose of the uke. This allows great pressure on both sides of the neck and will prevent bruising and trachea damage.
2.You shouldn't push the head forward. It mess up the angle of the choke.the hand is there just to stop headbutts.

3. Everthing needs to be tight before any pressure is applied. There can be no gaps in the choke the assisting hand needs to reach infinitely until there are no holes in the choke. Not "grab the bicep"

4. Put your head firmly next to theirs over top of your arm that is behind their head. This prevents movement and unwrapping the choke, And make sure your shoulders are at the same height as your uke. There are multiple ways to accomplish this but it needs to be done. Bas was way higher. Not good.

5. The squeeze takes years to perfect. When you squeeze you are flexing your choking arm like you are showing off on the beach, your assisting arm is pushing the choke closed with your elbow and your shoulders go back,take a big breath to fill you lungs and your shoulders go back and up so you hang them with the choke.

A crappy choke works too. Bas is a strong HW if he just grabs and squeezes he will put someone out. But if it's done with technical flaws and it is blocked the arms will gas and he won't be able to finish.
I will try to find a more technical video.

Raycetpfl
9/22/2015 10:20am,
Also, I think it's bonkers to apply a RNC from standing.

Have you ever done security work? It can be quite useful.

Raycetpfl
9/22/2015 10:21am,
While the other posters have a real reason to be so caustic, I'll say this: There are a LOT of good resources on youtube for technique, even though that is often frowned on. If you aren't going to attend class, a reputable video is an ok (but still inferior) substitute.

For example, here's Clark Gracie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDaq6Fu1vGc

This is a wonderful video.

blackmonk
9/22/2015 10:22am,
Have you ever done security work? It can be quite useful.
I have done security. It's useful against untrained people or complete rubes. Not useful in a competition setting.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Raycetpfl
9/22/2015 10:36am,
It's great for a predator vs prey type of encounter. Not a Face-off type of encounter.

Damon Dorman
9/22/2015 10:42pm,
I know this question may sound stupid, but 1.) If you're pinned up against a wall and someone is punching you, then how do you make yourself more 'slippery' to where they either hit the wall or their fist slides off your face? Also, if you've put up a sufficient amount of resistance and you're just getting the **** beat out of you, then 2.) how do you withstand all the physical trauma and pain? I know that may make me sound like a ***** for asking that, but 3.) basically how do you create a maximum pain tolerance and eradicate your fear of getting seriously injured? 4.) If the person is way stronger than you, then how do you set off your fight or flight 'superhuman' mode (the same kind of mental state that, say, parents get into when they lift trucks off their children to save them, etc.) to put up the maximum resistance against them to survive the beating? 5.) How could you prevent yourself from going unconscious or better yet, still stand up even after the point of being completely beaten the **** up and being dizzied out to prevent looking like a ***** that he just beat? If I'm getting the **** beat out of me, I would at least want to be able to say that I was able to tire out my opponent, last through the entire fight, and be brave and tough enough to keep going on even if I'm getting my ass handed to me.

Please answer these questions!

Damon Dorman
9/22/2015 11:10pm,
I heard that there are many ways of doing this. These things range from tightly rolling your shoulder around until it gets back into place, placing the hand of the hurt arm against a wall above head-level and pressing your head down sideways towards the direction of your arm that is against the wall until your head is tightly pressed beside and beneath your arm tightly until it pops back into place (this may take a couple of attempts), to even slamming your dislocated arm against a wall! As for the last one, I heard a guy who said that when he played for a high school football team he had to do this as ordered by his coach when he dislocated his arm that one time. I think he said he had to lift it before slamming it too. I'm unsure. Could anyone provide some decent advice on how to pop your dislocated shoulder back into place?

plasma
9/23/2015 5:35am,
Google BSDM Dungeons near you. Show up and tell them you want to be a "sub." You'll get tough real quick.