PDA

View Full Version : Recovery ideas after "off" days

blackmonk
9/22/2015 7:04am,
At least once a month, I have an "off" day, where I can't execute any good techniques, or I feel slow, weak, unusually tired, etc. Always a very frustrating bump in the road.

What do you guys do to recover from that, assuming that this is usually associated with fatigue? Drilling, light sparring, complete rest?

BKR
9/22/2015 11:12am,
At least once a month, I have an "off" day, where I can't execute any good techniques, or I feel slow, weak, unusually tired, etc. Always a very frustrating bump in the road.

What do you guys do to recover from that, assuming that this is usually associated with fatigue? Drilling, light sparring, complete rest?

I take a day off. That's what I do on an "off day". Taking a day off for recovery is OK.

blackmonk
9/22/2015 11:48am,
I take a day off. That's what I do on an "off day". Taking a day off for recovery is OK.
I ask, because a lot of people will do some kind of "active rest" activity instead.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Raycetpfl
9/22/2015 12:11pm,
I ask, because a lot of people will do some kind of "active rest" activity instead.

Something for mental acuity is always a great idea. Meditation, relaxing massage, sensory deprivation chamber, a quiet beach.
It sounds like you are having mental fatigue more so than you're body being wrecked.

BKR
9/22/2015 12:14pm,

Go for a walk, take a hike, work in the yard, make love to your wife, do yoga, soak in the hot tub, read a good book...

Raycetpfl
9/22/2015 2:12pm,
Go for a walk, take a hike, work in the yard, make love to your wife, do yoga, soak in the hot tub, read a good book...

Minus the yard work That sounds like the greatest Sunday ever.

The Cap
9/22/2015 2:13pm,

All this, but replace the yoga with a pizza. Always works for me.

BKR
9/22/2015 3:09pm,
Minus the yard work That sounds like the greatest Sunday ever.

Well, have your wife do the yard work and jump her as she gets out of the shower !

*edit*

Wife does yard work while you soak in hot tub reading a good book, then gives you massage. You fall asleep, then when you wake up, she's waiting for you in bed.

BKR
9/22/2015 3:10pm,
All this, but replace the yoga with a pizza. Always works for me.

Pizza after yoga is pretty good, IME. Pizza before yoga, not so much

plasma
9/23/2015 8:13am,

Rest, stretching and a foam roller. Possibly go for a light run or a swim just to keep muscle loose.

Ulsteryank
9/23/2015 10:45am,
I just take an off day. Read(even coming on here), watching YouTube, and such still keeps your mind occupied. Since there's physical labour involved in my day job, and there can be a strung out mental element involved with being wrecked in the gym, every now and again for me it helps to take a night after work to just chill.