PDA

View Full Version : Nerd makes clock.... gets arrested

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DCS
9/16/2015 2:11pm,
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/northwest-dallas-county/headlines/20150915-irving-9th-grader-arrested-after-taking-homemade-clock-to-school.ece

Seriously, WTF?

ghost55
9/16/2015 2:37pm,
Hey, the police just stopped a heinous terrorist. We should be thanking them.

Devil
9/16/2015 2:45pm,
Oh no! School administration was trying to make sure kids are safe and they made a mistake. Let's make a fucking federal case of it.

DCS
9/16/2015 2:52pm,
Oh no! Paranoid anxiety driven school administration was trying to make sure kids are safe and they made a mistake.
Fixed.

Let's make a fucking federal case of it.
For the lulz.

blackmonk
9/16/2015 2:55pm,
As both a public school teacher and a resident of Texas, I'm pretty embarrassed. I can also confirm that my colleagues really are that paranoid, generally-speaking.

W. Rabbit
9/16/2015 3:07pm,
Officials: what the **** is that thing???

Kid: It's a clock I built.

Officials: You must think we're dumb. It's a clock for a bomb, isn't it.

Kid: Nope, just a clock.

Officials: Right. Hog tie him.

Sound about right?

blackmonk
9/16/2015 3:08pm,
Kid: It's a clock I built.

Officials: We're dumb. It's a clock for a bomb, isn't it.

Kid: Nope, just a clock.

Officials: Right. Hog tie him.

Sound about right?
Accurate

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

W. Rabbit
9/16/2015 3:15pm,
The police chief's video tries to explain how SERIOUSLY and CAREFULLY they investigated the young teenage engineer's suspicious thingamabob (because it had wires and numbers and stuff on it).

What a great use of tax payer dollars, gentlemen. Next they'll be investigating "bus shootings" involving Halo action figures wielding "strange military-like miniaturized weaponry".

The ancestors of Dr Lexus are probably from the same town. It all starts in Irving, Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0efRdCPf3_Y

DCS
9/16/2015 3:23pm,
https://firstlook.org/wp-uploads/sites/1/2015/09/ahmed-540x720.jpg

Skinny, glasses, NASA t-shirt... by the book.

Was the school evacuated?

W. Rabbit
9/16/2015 3:29pm,
Was the school evacuated?

Bingo, of course it wasn't.

Evacuations are expensive and only used if there's a credible threat. Harassing a child is cheap and easy.

Is it even legal for them to book and interrogate the kid without his parents present?

Mohamed later said police interrogated him without allowing him to phone his parents, and the school principal wanted him to sign a written statement. A police spokesman suggested Mohamed was uncooperative.

Ultimately, Mohamed was released without charges. He received a three-day suspension, even though the school district insists that the item posed no threat.

I wonder if they thought immediately that Amhed's whole family were terrorists...uh oh better call CTU and wait until Jack Bauer shows up before they call his folks...Jack might have some torturing to do.

Devil
9/16/2015 3:33pm,
It's only paranoia until you're right. And the kid's a Muslim anyway. It might not be a bomb this time but it will be next time.

Holy Moment
9/16/2015 3:39pm,
I remember the day after Columbine when I was around eight years old. The teachers came in and told us all the things we couldn't do anymore: No more finger guns, no more jokes that could be vaguely construed as violent, no more butterknives in brownbag lunches, etc. It was a faggy time to grow up in.

My elementary school was a big fan of lame, arbitrary rules even before the shooting, though. For instance, we weren't allowed to put any tiny Pokemon baubles on our backpacks because they might "swing out and hit somebody." A one-inch plastic Pikachu clip attached to the bottom side pocket of your book bag... It'll take a fucking kids head off.

W. Rabbit
9/16/2015 3:39pm,
It's only paranoia until you're right. And the kid's a Muslim anyway. It might not be a bomb this time but it will be next time.

Meh I could claim the same thing about you and have the same chance of being right.

Tranquil Suit
9/16/2015 3:49pm,
Kid plays his cards right and he's scoring mad liberal trim.

W. Rabbit
9/16/2015 3:56pm,
Mark Zuckerberg has taken a personal interest in the kid, and wants him to come party.

Next photos of the kid you'll see him with booth babes at CES.

Hadzu
9/16/2015 4:01pm,
Kid plays his cards right and he's scoring mad liberal trim.

You're not kidding, fucking Obama is in on this trainwreck:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/644193755814342656