PDA

View Full Version : I think I might have found someone who is a worse fighter than I am.

Pages : [1] 2

Evergrey
6/09/2015 1:36am,
Didn't know it was possible, hah! But here you go.
What coach would let their student go in to a fight like this?

https://youtu.be/0Lu79tvNsxc

FinalLegion
6/09/2015 2:13am,
What....the ****?

Castro didn't seem to have a clue as to what she was doing. She looked completely lost. No footwork, no defense, no offense...is she just some woman who decided that MMA sounded like a fun hobby?

Hell, she's had three fights, all of them losses. Look at her record on Sherdog. She hasn't even lasted half a minute.
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Katie-Castro-173775

Evergrey
6/09/2015 2:46am,
Yeah, when someone's is worse than I am, it's sad. Heh!

I really don't understand how any coach could think she was ready.

Mr. Machette
6/09/2015 2:57am,
The term "tomato can" comes to mind.

Some of them are even journeymen.

Evergrey
6/09/2015 3:06am,
Tomato can?

FinalLegion
6/09/2015 3:48am,
Yeah, when someone's is worse than I am, it's sad. Heh!

I really don't understand how any coach could think she was ready.

Does she even have a coach? Her Sherdog page says she's an "Independent" fighter which, I realize, simply means that she isn't fighting for any one particular gym or org, but still...I must reiterate your observation: how could any coach think that she is ready?

Fuzzy
6/09/2015 3:50am,
Is she literally just doing this for the money? Like, how much would she get paid for that?

Mr. Machette
6/09/2015 5:14am,
Tomato can?
A professional loser. A Jabroni.

Someone employed specifically to take falls.

A tomato can ( or just "tomato") is someone who specializes in being fodder for up and comming fighter's records. Named that because their only purposed in the fight game is to provide the marinara.

slamdunc
6/09/2015 7:40am,
Is she literally just doing this for the money? Like, how much would she get paid for that?If she got paid for that, it was either way too much for her skill level or wasn't nearly enough for the humiliation involved lol.

ermghoti
6/09/2015 9:05am,
I'm just relieved this thread wasn't about me.

goodlun
6/09/2015 9:56am,
Is she literally just doing this for the money? Like, how much would she get paid for that?

You can actually make reasonable decent money padding other peoples resumes

goodlun
6/09/2015 9:59am,
I don't know how well this works in MMA given that all around their seems to be less money in it but here you go
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/11067736/Journeymen-the-boxers-who-choose-to-lose.html

JudOWNED
6/09/2015 10:12am,
Even as a tomato can, wouldn't you have to have some wins on your record to give the losses some meaning to your opponent? Also, how does this girl get licensed? you'd think the commissions would see it as a safety issue.

goodlun
6/09/2015 11:10am,
Even as a tomato can, wouldn't you have to have some wins on your record to give the losses some meaning to your opponent? Also, how does this girl get licensed? you'd think the commissions would see it as a safety issue.

Actually according to the article I posted the guys phone would stop ringing every time he one a fight so their you have it.
Now I don't thinking Womens MMA has enough money in it yet to properly have journeymen or tomato cans. Not to mention as a journeyman you do have to put up a good enough fight to make a show of it. Sort of like professional wrestling if you will except the other guy is actually trying to hurt you.

Evergrey
6/09/2015 11:11am,
That makes me actually glad there is no money in Kyokushin. Most of the time, WE pay to fight, not the other way around.

Speaks Softly
6/09/2015 11:44am,
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought "Crap, they found a video of me!"

Wow. This poor woman looks like she wandered in off the street, looking to use the bathroom, and someone directed her into the cage.