PDA

View Full Version : the dojo slut

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

FranKastle
5/21/2015 8:19am,
I’ve had this question on my mind for a while now. What is your opinion on the dojo slut? Either the girl/guy who falls for the “mysticism” of the instructor or the school suck up that will be so far up the instructors ass that you can see them coming out of their nose?
I ask because in my school I have a bit of both and everyone talks about them but none of us will say anything. Is it out of place to mention something to the trainers/instructors? “Excuse me Sensei Jim Bob, did you know that Joe Schmo is just belt chasing?” “Excuse me Sensei Jim Bob, did you know that Jane Hobag is married? You aren’t tapping that are you?”
Just curious. Will I be out of place to mention it? At what point does favoritism conflict in the training and promotions of others students in class?

Eudemic
5/21/2015 8:58am,
Are they interfering with your own training somehow? If not, does it really matter?

(. . . Or did you want to be the favorite?)

FranKastle
5/21/2015 9:03am,
Are they interfering with your own training somehow? If not, does it really matter?

(. . . Or did you want to be the favorite?)

LOL. It interferes sometimes when the "favorite" gets to pick and choose who he/she trains with. Aside from that no.

In all honesty, I could give 3 fu#$ but the constant gossiping and talking around it just drives me nuts.

itwasntme
5/21/2015 9:20am,
LOL. It interferes sometimes when the "favorite" gets to pick and choose who he/she trains with. Aside from that no.

Could you elaborate on how this affects you and your training?

Eudemic
5/21/2015 9:33am,

My guess is that the dojo-slut is really cute, so he wants her to choose him but she never does. This frustrates him so he ends up just going home.

Mor Sao
5/21/2015 9:33am,
Mind you own fucking business and train harder, you fucking busybody.

FranKastle
5/21/2015 9:39am,

It doesn't interfere with MY training. I roll with everyone in class, as does everyone else, same when sparring. But the gym slut and the favorite never do. They get to spar/roll with the trainer or their "best friend" in class. Meanwhile everyone else is like "WTF?!"
I don't need to roll/spar with my trainers all the time. Plenty of people in class that are just as good, if not better. But the perception looks bad. Don't know if I'm explaining my self well enough here.

Hadzu
5/21/2015 9:41am,

Lots of this. If it bothers you that much, find another place to train. If you for whatever reason don't want to, stay out of other people's high school bullshit drama and focus on hitting things.

FranKastle
5/21/2015 9:42am,
Hey that's what I say. But people talk man and **** gets old.

jnp
5/21/2015 10:09am,
It doesn't interfere with MY training. I roll with everyone in class, as does everyone else, same when sparring. But the gym slut and the favorite never do. They get to spar/roll with the trainer or their "best friend" in class. Meanwhile everyone else is like "WTF?!"
I don't need to roll/spar with my trainers all the time. Plenty of people in class that are just as good, if not better. But the perception looks bad. Don't know if I'm explaining my self well enough here.
Unless you have been with the instructor for longer than almost any other student, AND are a close personal friend of the instructor, there is no way you can say anything to the instructor without coming across as an interfering asshole.

Like Mor Sao said, keep your mouth shut, this includes talking to other students about this, and mind your own business.

FranKastle
5/21/2015 10:25am,
Unless you have been with the instructor for longer than almost any other student, AND are a close personal friend of the instructor, there is no way you can say anything to the instructor without coming across as an interfering asshole.

Like Mor Sao said, keep your mouth shut, this includes talking to other students about this, and mind your own business.

I am close personal friends with the trainer, that is why everyone talks to me about it. But once in the gym, we know our place. I would never bring this up to him because it is not my place. However I have joked with him about it. And he didn't think that he was favoring anyone and he assumes that there is something going on with the gym slut and the other trainer. But he will not say **** about that either because the other trainer is the gym owner.
This was just a question based on curiosity. I wanted to know peoples opinion. I'm sure it happens in all other dojos/gyms. I do my thing an leave. I mind my own business and don't care for highschool drama. I tell everyone that in class.
Again, I was wondering people's opinion on the matter.

RWaggs
5/21/2015 10:34am,
Plenty of people in class are just as good, if not better, than the trainer?

itwasntme
5/21/2015 11:12am,
Again, I was wondering people's opinion on the matter.

Everybody is going to echo what has already been said. Everybody. The only difference will be their attitude towards you and your OP.

It is Fake
5/21/2015 11:30am,
I am close personal friends with the trainer, that is why everyone talks to me about it. Hmmm so, you do see the irony right?

I’ve had this question on my mind for a while now. What is your opinion on the dojo slut? Either the girl/guy who falls for the “mysticism” of the instructor or the school suck up that will be so far up the instructors ass that you can see them coming out of their nose?

I do.

Permalost
5/21/2015 11:46am,
Is it out of place to mention something to the trainers/instructors? “Excuse me Sensei Jim Bob, did you know that Joe Schmo is just belt chasing?” “Excuse me Sensei Jim Bob, did you know that Jane Hobag is married? You aren’t tapping that are you?”
Just curious. Will I be out of place to mention it? At what point does favoritism conflict in the training and promotions of others students in class?
I think bringing up that stuff is likely to come off as "being so far up the instructors ass that you can see them coming out of their nose" in a different way, and to think the instructor is an asexual being above that kind of drama is to "fall for the 'mysticism' of the instructor or the school".

Mr. Machette
5/21/2015 12:20pm,
People pair up and ****.

Get over it.