PDA

View Full Version : First Nudda seminar in North America

Pages : [1] 2

Tacitus
5/17/2015 5:03pm,
I'm pleased and really excited to announce that Antonio Faedda of Nudda M.A.X. will be teaching his first public seminar in North America. The two day seminar will take place in Toronto, Ont, August 29-30, 2015.

Antonio will cover various aspects of Nudda. The seminar will be suitable for all levels of martial artists of any background.

For those unaware, Nudda is Antonio's personal expression of Filipino 'dirty' boxing, with a priority on functionality for real world contexts.

There is lots of accommodations in the area, and I would be happy to point people towards various options for all budgets.

All Bullshido members will receive a 15% discount.

I will have e ticketing up and running shortly, and will announce here when it is ready.

You can message me here or email me at:

[email protected]

Hope to see you there.

A small sample of Nudda:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqKhVHLRj4

ghost55
5/17/2015 6:13pm,
Damn. I would totally go if this was in any way close to me.

BackFistMonkey
5/17/2015 9:27pm,
Well it looks nice. Tight hands, tight elbows. Good focused demo sparring showcasing hopefully just one aspect of the system.... the last 30 45 seconds were the best.

The wildlife in Canada scare me and moments during other videos it get all chunny in the instruction segments but it looks interesting.

Tacitus
5/17/2015 10:06pm,
Thanks for the positive comments.

Chili Pepper
5/17/2015 10:30pm,
the last 30 45 seconds were the best.

Yeah, a ****-tonne of teachers wouldn't dare put footage of free-play/sparring in a video, because they don't ever want to be shown being anything less than god-like. It's refreshing to see someone confident enough in his abilities.

BackFistMonkey
5/17/2015 10:39pm,
Yeah, a ****-tonne of teachers wouldn't dare put footage of free-play/sparring in a video, because they don't ever want to be shown being anything less than god-like. It's refreshing to see someone confident enough in his abilities.
I am assuming there is more than limb destruction, trapping and breaking knees chun style, and boxing. Or is it basically what we just saw ... well I watched the 24/7 documentary too.

Tacitus
5/17/2015 10:48pm,
I'm not sure what in particular you mean by 'breaking knees chun style', but yeah there is more than that. It's a pretty well rounded stand up system, and as such it includes 'dirty boxing' and Thai style clinching work. Boxing is trained to have a functional delivery system for more traditional (but often modified) Panatukan techniques/ techniques from other SE Asian systems. The kicking is similar to Muay Thai (and indeed comes from Muay Thai, along with Panatukan). Sparring takes a central place in the system. Not sure what else you would want to know?

Tacitus
5/17/2015 10:50pm,

I agree with you. It's what attracted me to Nudda.

Here is some of the straight up boxing sparring from the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muZnJT8h1s8

From there (once a good level is developed) the blocks, counters and insertions are added in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yv9syEa0ow

Of course, lower body striking techniques (as explained above) are also of importance (Faedda says of equal importance). Just that the upper body is primarily trained first.

Hope that gives a decent overview.

BackFistMonkey
5/17/2015 11:18pm,
I'm not sure what in particular you mean by 'breaking knees chun style', but yeah there is more than that.

It was a snarky, cutting, but mostly playfully comment about the content of the 24/7 Nudda Documentary on Youtube. I do not think the instructor was actually speaking literally when said " break the knee" when speaking of blocking round kicks to the torso.

The instructor got excited and starting about breaking knees with your elbow but I think he was more say to block like you intend to, not to expect it to happen. It just come off odd in the context.

I like most ever thing else I have seen.

Tacitus
5/17/2015 11:27pm,
Oh, right. I see what you mean. I just literally couldn't remember that. Yeah, I think your analysis is correct.

[edit: this is the video BackfistMonkey and I are referring to, and I think gives a good idea of what the Toronto seminar will be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuqxee0ZkwA]

Chili Pepper
5/18/2015 10:43am,
Any idea on cost yet?

Tacitus
5/18/2015 2:20pm,
Any idea on cost yet?

I'm waiting on the final costs myself before I determine that. I'll let everyone know I hope by the end of the week/ early next week at latest.
But see PM I just sent you Chili Pepper.

jwinch2
5/19/2015 2:22pm,
Hi there,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have seen stuff from NUDDA in the past, and have found it to be interesting. What I am having a hard time with is discerning the arts that really went into the development of the system. Obviously, Boxing and Muay Thai are part of them, as you already alluded to that. However, the weapons aspect, and other systems is not clearly presented. I looked on the website, and there is't much on that topic.

When you have a moment, can you provide a short break down of the systems that NUDDA draws from, and the background of the head instructor in those systems? For the record, I have no problems with "blend" systems, I am merely curious.

Thanks in advance!

Tacitus
5/19/2015 4:44pm,
Hi there,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have seen stuff from NUDDA in the past, and have found it to be interesting. What I am having a hard time with is discerning the arts that really went into the development of the system. Obviously, Boxing and Muay Thai are part of them, as you already alluded to that. However, the weapons aspect, and other systems is not clearly presented. I looked on the website, and there is't much on that topic.

When you have a moment, can you provide a short break down of the systems that NUDDA draws from, and the background of the head instructor in those systems? For the record, I have no problems with "blend" systems, I am merely curious.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, your best bet would be to directly contact Antonio Faedda on that. I know that one of the principle influences is LaCoste-Inosanto lineage, as well as Kaliradman. I also know that he has full instructorship through his principle mentor, Terry Barnett (a full instructor under Dan Inosanto). I know there is more than that, but for any more info you would really have to contact Antonio through his website.

jwinch2
5/19/2015 6:38pm,
Hey, your best bet would be to directly contact Antonio Faedda on that. I know that one of the principle influences is LaCoste-Inosanto lineage, as well as Kaliradman. I also know that he has full instructorship through his principle mentor, Terry Barnett (a full instructor under Dan Inosanto). I know there is more than that, but for any more info you would really have to contact Antonio through his website.

Thanks. Inosanto blend was going to be my guess when I watched him move, but I appreciate the input. It really isn't that big of a deal, I just figured I would ask since you were here.

Cheers,

Tacitus
5/19/2015 8:12pm,
Thanks. Inosanto blend was going to be my guess when I watched him move, but I appreciate the input. It really isn't that big of a deal, I just figured I would ask since you were here.

Cheers,

No problem at all. I'm just not an official representative, and don't want to give out poor information. Totally valid question though.