PDA

View Full Version : Seattle area Gong Sau? Watch out, 4 years of BJJ!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

The Cap
4/30/2015 12:11am,
http://i.imgur.com/0v83Tn7.jpg?1

Kid with the bullseye for a forehead in this video has offered to fight youtube commenters who've pointed out his claims to train are likely ****. He's apparently in the Seattle area. Now that sounds like a worthy ferry ride and weekend away for me, but I'm still post-op so that would be a while. Any local bullies up to verify his claims?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geT9r_bgmwUIt's spelled escrima, kid.

ghost55
4/30/2015 12:36am,
4 years of BJJ my ass. Once I'm back in Portland this summer I'd be happy to make the trip and beat his ass. I can tell he has almost no BJJ training because HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SHRIMPING IS. Jesus Christ. What a joke. He probably has 10 years of strip mall ATA TKD, and attended "counter boxing" and "anti grapple" seminars once or twice. Also, his cardio looks to be somehow worse than mine.

lionknight
4/30/2015 3:06am,
Seattle has so many legit guys and then there's so many guys like this. Makes martial arts here so strange sometimes.

The Cap
4/30/2015 3:07am,
4 years of BJJ my ass. Once I'm back in Portland this summer I'd be happy to make the trip and beat his ass.

I'd be curious to know who he claims taught him BJJ for four years. If you do it during the summer I might be able to get some time off work to come along and film it (and make sure you don't get outnumbered by street-ninjas). Let me know.

Here's his challenge from the video's comments section, in case it goes somewhere:

Hey guys it's nick kieper. Ya know. The guy you've all been bad mouthing for the last two hours. If you wanna fight, come see me with a health waiver and mma gloves and I can show you how nasty I can get ;)

101 w Nickerson Seattle wa. Come in with a waiver and mma gloves

lionknight
4/30/2015 3:20am,
I'd be curious to know who he claims taught him BJJ for four years. If you do it during the summer I might be able to get some time off work to come along and film it (and make sure you don't get outnumbered by street-ninjas). Let me know.

Here's his challenge from the video's comments section, in case it goes somewhere:

From reading some of the comments I think it was supposed to be more like:
4 years boxing
...and BJJ.

But still his boxing does not come close to showing 4 years of training.

Fuzzy
4/30/2015 3:22am,
"Escrama"

ghost55
4/30/2015 3:28am,
From reading some of the comments I think it was supposed to be more like:
4 years boxing
...and BJJ.

But still his boxing does not come close to showing 4 years of training.

Give me two week of MT training since I've been doing grappling almost exclusively since October (I did some MMA stand up sparring a few weeks ago and it was not pretty), and I bet I can beat this guy on his feet too. The video is 95% crap TKD, 5% "I watched a few episodes of TUF". Even then though, he should at least know what guard is...

Azatdawn
4/30/2015 5:32am,
Give me two week of MT training since I've been doing grappling almost exclusively since October (I did some MMA stand up sparring a few weeks ago and it was not pretty), and I bet I can beat this guy on his feet too. The video is 95% crap TKD, 5% "I watched a few episodes of TUF". Even then though, he should at least know what guard is...
If you don't watch your own feet and hold out your arms for balance while you kick you're already a much better striker than this guy.

ermghoti
4/30/2015 6:33am,
What the hell is a health waiver?

xstyle
4/30/2015 6:41am,
10 years of taekwondo and he never leaerned to pivot on the ball of his foot when he kicks?!

jspeedy
4/30/2015 7:25am,
"Escrama"

Sorry about the neg rep, was trying to +rep from my phone. Seriously though, ESKRAMA? I've seen a few spellings Eskrima, escrima, esgrima, but no ESKRAMA. The suffix to all spelling I see is -ima. I'm skeptical of anyone who claims to have trained the art and spells and pronounces is and spells it that way. He probably did a few Eskrima forms in his tkd school and thinks he knows something.

BackFistMonkey
4/30/2015 7:32am,
What the hell is a health waiver?

That is when you don't eat for four hours and you get a bit peckish... if you don't eat within four hours after that, your health waivers.

ghost55
4/30/2015 9:10am,
If you don't watch your own feet and hold out your arms for balance while you kick you're already a much better striker than this guy.

Unfortunately I do have a problem with looking Dow. When throwing leg kicks, but I suspect that I can out box him, and probably take him down at will.

BKR
4/30/2015 11:10am,
"Escrama"

That's what you do when you leave quickly to avoid getting your ass kicked...

ermghoti
4/30/2015 11:14am,
His opponent is even worse; check the comments.

"I took krav maga."

"I had four lessons."

"I did wrestling."

"I learned some wrestling from my father."

"It was four years ago."

"I'm not untrained, I'm out of practice."

And he still would have taken out Douchey McReeferface if he knew what a guillotine was.

ghost55
4/30/2015 11:19am,
His opponent is even worse; check the comments.

"I took krav maga."

"I had four lessons."

"I did wrestling."

"I learned some wrestling from my father."

"It was four years ago."

"I'm not untrained, I'm out of practice."

And he still would have taken out Douchey McReeferface if he knew what a guillotine was.

I would offer to gong sau fatty too if not for the fact that I'm concerned about ribs cracking if he were to end up on top of me somehow.