PDA

View Full Version : About posting on this forum ...

Ron_Ocata
4/03/2015 5:06am,
Hi, Guys!

First off, I DID use the search function, and since I didn't exactly found the answer I was looking for, I posted in an existing thread. (Can't post links yet.)

My questions:

What is the actual mechanic of getting my posts approved by an admin?
Do the admins get a notification?
Do the admins get a list of posts that need approval?
Do they have to read the thread in question to notice that there are unapproved posts?
Do I have to sacrifice my firstborn in the name of BSatan to get into contact of an admin?
Why are some posts visible immediately, most are not?
I thought this is an open forum to post, but if it isn't (as in "you can only post unapproved with subscription") let me know.

Regards,
Ron

jnp
4/03/2015 12:44pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

I am on a very short lunch break so I can't address all your questions right now. Due to a previous spammer invasion, new members must have their first 7-10 posts approved by a mod or staff member.

I went ahead and approved this one obviously.

No, we don't get any notifications, but most us check out the flag that shows up whenever there's a moderated post in a thread.

Omega Supreme
4/03/2015 2:13pm,
Well you're up to 6 now. Why do you need to get ahold of Admin?

Ron_Ocata
4/03/2015 2:48pm,
Thanks for approval!

@Omega Supreme: I am now, I was on 2 (approved) posts when I created this thread.

Anyways, thanks for your help!

Regards,
Ron

AutumnMonkey
4/04/2015 10:25am,
Welcome to Bullshido.

I am on a very short lunch break so I can't address all your questions right now. Due to a previous spammer invasion, new members must have their first 7-10 posts approved by a mod or staff member.

I went ahead and approved this one obviously.

No, we don't get any notifications, but most us check out the flag that shows up whenever there's a moderated post in a thread.

I made an introductory post a couple of weeks back as well and didn't see it appear but figured it was in the moderator queue. Not a big deal since I've enjoyed reading more than posting :-)

plasma
4/14/2015 3:22am,
Hi, Guys!

First off, I DID use the search function, and since I didn't exactly found the answer I was looking for, I posted in an existing thread. (Can't post links yet.)

My questions:

What is the actual mechanic of getting my posts approved by an admin?
Do the admins get a notification?
Do the admins get a list of posts that need approval?
Do they have to read the thread in question to notice that there are unapproved posts?
Do I have to sacrifice my firstborn in the name of BSatan to get into contact of an admin?
Why are some posts visible immediately, most are not?
I thought this is an open forum to post, but if it isn't (as in "you can only post unapproved with subscription") let me know.

Regards,
Ron

An administrator clicks "approve post"
No
Yes
No
Probably
Once you are past a dozen posts, they will appear automatically.
It is. Hence why we need to protect against spammers. There is a lot of spam, you don't see because of this.

Willkommen zu Bullshido