PDA

View Full Version : USA world championships in las vegas.

JOHN DOE
5/11/2004 11:49pm,
Does anyone here participate in the Las Vegas World Championships in june.Last time I was there Gene Labells grapplers mopped up in the grappling division.

xero
5/12/2004 12:01am,
Is it Grapplers Quest?

JOHN DOE
5/12/2004 12:06am,
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=stan+witz+usa+world+championships/v=2/TID=F280_45/SID=e/l=WS1/R=1/H=0/*-http://www.usainternationals.com/

Omega Supreme
5/12/2004 12:32am,
Haven't been to that one since 2001. Didn't end up competing either. I think I'll be in Atlanta the following weekend so I'm going to pass again.

stoogejitsu
5/12/2004 12:39am,
Doesn't look like a great "grappling" tournament, maybe ok for karate/tkd types, but as for grappling I can see why Labell's guys cleaned house, probably the best of a few good "grappling" schools there, the rest were probably tkd/karate schools with a weekly grappling class.

xero
5/12/2004 1:14am,
Oh this. I knew people who used to compete in this all the time. Always won it too.

xero
5/12/2004 1:15am,
seems lame

JOHN DOE
5/12/2004 3:05am,
Originally posted by stoogejitsu
Doesn't look like a great "grappling" tournament, maybe ok for karate/tkd types, but as for grappling I can see why Labell's guys cleaned house, probably the best of a few good "grappling" schools there, the rest were probably tkd/karate schools with a weekly grappling class.

from what I witnessed there was a bunch of BJJ guys there.Label's fighters cleaned house.When it was over label was yelling at everyone,putting the trophy up for anyone to try to come and take.It showed little class in my opinion.An australian guy took his division in grappling,and continuous sparring only to get whooped in the worst way by raymond daniels.2001 was the first year they had a grappling division.I bet its pretty big by now.

Omega Supreme
5/12/2004 12:12pm,
Raymond Daniels? bwhahaahahaahahaaha, he's funny.

Labell was only joking around dude, get a sense of humor.

Miguksaram
5/12/2004 12:48pm,
Will anyone be attending the USOpen this year? It will have a BJJ division in it.

Omega Supreme
5/12/2004 12:49pm,
*slap Jeremy.

ImAlrdyNum
5/12/2004 12:51pm,
I need a team for the Cardio Kickboxing/Cardio Karate Team Competition. Who's interested?

TheEdge883
5/12/2004 1:52pm,
Raymond Daniels is so fucking funny when he fights.

I have only been to the USA Internationals once, when we were affiliated with Stan Witz. Was a good tourney, but most of it is bullshit XMA.

WhiteShark
5/12/2004 2:29pm,
The actually have an Xtreme Fighting Division! WTF is Xtreme Fighting?

Miguksaram
5/12/2004 2:43pm,
Originally posted by WhiteShark
The actually have an Xtreme Fighting Division! WTF is Xtreme Fighting?

~steps silently away and rubs face from Omega's slap~

I swear I don't know what that is.

Omega, does this mean you will not be entering that tournament in Orlando? :) I'll be there.

patfromlogan
5/13/2004 10:36am,
Originally posted by ImAlrdyNum
I need a team for the Cardio Kickboxing/Cardio Karate Team Competition. Who's interested?

Not I, but my Utah karate buddies all made up a kumite team one year and went to Vegas and got creamed. Several locals go to this tourney and report that it's well run. A couple guys did well in sparring, one old fart and one youngster placed well. (young bb told me once, "My hands and your legs, we'd rule the world.")

*reaches for donut*