PDA

View Full Version : Stupiest Posts Ever

Pages : [1] 2 3

JKDChick
5/11/2004 8:18pm,
This was posted by a certain member of this board over on Chris Hunter (Ashida Kim)'s Messageboard.

I like kata. I use to like sparring but I am not to good at it and I don't think it matters all that much. I am going to slowly phase it out of my classes that I teach.

Then this:

My students do well enough with out haveing to play games with each other. I can break 4 boards stacked together...do you know what that would do if I hit someone with that?
We real artists have to old ourselves so far back in training that it becomes pointless for us and crappier fighters are able to beat us cause we don't go all out.

Let us now examine, in point form, what exactly makes these the stupiest posts ever on any board.

I use to like sparring but I am not to good at it and I don't think it matters all that much

-- because if something is difficult for us, of COURSE we should give it up as not worth doing.
-- learning how to fight while learning martial arts is ridiculous. What would be the point?

I am going to slowly phase it out of my classes that I teach.

-- on a personal level, I have the highest respect for any instructor who acknowledges their shortcomings. One wonders, however, how much about martial arts someone knows when they won't teach even point sparring.

My students do well enough with out haveing[sic] to play games with each other.

-- actually play is an excellent way to get toddlers interested in martial arts and fitness. Other than that -- if you're sparring was "playing", yeah, you should be phasing it out
-- and they AREN'T doing well enough. Which they will learn with their first broken nose, limb or ego

I can break 4 boards stacked together...do you know what that would do if I hit someone with that?

-- allow me to beat a dead horse: humans do not stand perfectly still, braced by two strong men, in convient positions and heights, waiting for you to launch your massive 720 degree spinkick
-- also, further flagellating the expired equine, humans are not made of pre-stressed soft wood; At least none of the guys I fight are

We real artists have to old ourselves so far back in training that it becomes pointless for us and crappier fighters are able to beat us cause we don't go all out.

-- all this attitude shows is that you have no physical skill or control. It is possible to spar at half-speed, with beginners who throw jumping spin kicks and punch at full speed, and still "win" the fight.
-- "winning" is not, however THE FUCKING POINT, EXPECIALLY NOT FOR THE TEACHER

Here's a thought: crappy fighters beat you ... because you suck.

Ka-Bar
5/11/2004 8:19pm,
Hmmm...I wonder who that could have been...

Hannibal
5/11/2004 8:23pm,
Thank you JKD Chick.

Once again it has been proved hell hath no fury over Bullshido's duty to expose bullshit in martial arts.

Greese
5/11/2004 8:26pm,
Jeez...I wonder who might have said that.

JKDChick
5/11/2004 8:29pm,
He hasn't posted on this thread yet. That's all I'm going to say.

gojuJKDdude
5/11/2004 8:31pm,
good points chick....

one comment I would make though is that the dog brothers often refer to what they do as "play"

Mr. Mantis
5/11/2004 9:08pm,
Sounds like something Veridian would say. But hell, who knows?

*Cue Boyd*

infidel
5/11/2004 9:19pm,
would even veridian say something like that?

edit: i doubt he could break the boards

Phoenix
5/11/2004 9:31pm,
You SUCK Gilmour....you JACKASS!!

Box Blast K.O.
5/11/2004 9:35pm,
What a tard.

JBliss
5/11/2004 9:36pm,
I said it...thats right, me your incorrigible JBliss. Why did i say it?
simple...I am a fucking *****.

FledglingTengu
5/11/2004 9:37pm,
Oh! I solves the mystery! IT's Matthius, isn't it? I mean, he said he had students and all...

If someone guesses it, you'll tell, right?

JKDChick
5/11/2004 9:41pm,
If you read sigs, you'll know who it is. I'm not going to mention the name, so I can't be accused of "picking" on anyone.

Phoenix
5/11/2004 9:48pm,
It's not Bolverk, is it?

Phoenix
5/11/2004 10:02pm,
hehe....I know it wasn't Bolverk...I was just being a jerk.

But he's such a retard sometimes.

The_Ghost
5/11/2004 10:38pm,
Its me dumbfucks..can't you tell?