PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Noob.

Diels-Alder
2/04/2015 9:44am,
Hi,

I have been lurking here for quite some time and have now decided to start adding my knowledge (or lack thereof) and opinions to some of your discussions. This will probably prove to be a bad idea for all involved.

So who am I?

A middle-aged family man who spends what little free time I have, outside of work and the family, in japanese budo (kendo, iaido and jodo).

My martial arts history consists of karate (Wado-ryu), aikido, more iaido (different koryu) and Bujinkan.

Cheers,
D-A

goshinbudoJJ
2/04/2015 1:54pm,
Welcome!

RealFolkBlues
2/04/2015 2:53pm,
Welcome! Have you used/practiced any of the traditional Okinawan weapons, such as nunchaku or sai?

Sent from my LG-LS855 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Diels-Alder
2/04/2015 3:26pm,
Welcome! Have you used/practiced any of the traditional Okinawan weapons, such as nunchaku or sai?

Hi, and thanks!

Yes, a long time ago (late eighties) I did some training in bo (kon), sai and kama. Not much, but I really liked the sai stuff, both from a weapons and physical training perspective. Sai are great for wrist training.

Hadzu
2/04/2015 5:30pm,
Welcome to the circus! Out of curiosity, whereabouts in Sweden are you located?

Permalost
2/04/2015 5:38pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

slamdunc
2/04/2015 6:12pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

RealFolkBlues
2/04/2015 6:38pm,
Hi, and thanks!

Yes, a long time ago (late eighties) I did some training in bo (kon), sai and kama. Not much, but I really liked the sai stuff, both from a weapons and physical training perspective. Sai are great for wrist training.

I agree, sir. I've just gotten into sai recently, but it's a sweet weapon, as you say, both for training and in its own right.

Diels-Alder
2/05/2015 3:34am,
Welcome to the circus! Out of curiosity, whereabouts in Sweden are you located?

Tackar!

On the best side, of course. Which, as everybody knows, is the west side. ;-)

Diels-Alder
2/05/2015 3:38am,
I agree, sir. I've just gotten into sai recently, but it's a sweet weapon, as you say, both for training and in its own right.

Indeed. It does require you to have good skills in karate footwork/body movement and stricking/blocking, though. And since I haven't trained karate since the early nineties...

Fuzzy
2/05/2015 4:22am,
Welcome. I sincerely hope we get to cross sword-like-objects one day.

Diels-Alder
2/05/2015 1:57pm,
Welcome. I sincerely hope we get to cross sword-like-objects one day.

Thank you. I think.

It would be intersting to attempt to find some rule base for a Kendo/FMA/Long sword bout... Wierd but interesting.