PDA

View Full Version : We want Justice.

Pages : [1] 2 3

It is Fake
9/14/2014 9:38pm,
http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/ktrk/images/cms/automation/vod/293558_630x354.jpghttp://www.khou.com/story/news/local/neighborhood/2014/09/03/student-tackled-by-officers-over-cell-phone-tells-her-side-of-the-story/15040013/

LOL.

Okay so, you know the rules, you break the rules, you run away, you won't give up the phone when asked 3 times and you get taken down. Why is everyone crying because she is 100lbs? Fucking whiny entitled shitty ass kids and their enabling shitty ass parents.

ermghoti
9/14/2014 11:42pm,
It's always entertaining when people claim the high ground after they persistently break the clearly established rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

BKR
9/15/2014 11:02am,
http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/ktrk/images/cms/automation/vod/293558_630x354.jpghttp://www.khou.com/story/news/local/neighborhood/2014/09/03/student-tackled-by-officers-over-cell-phone-tells-her-side-of-the-story/15040013/

LOL.

Okay so, you know the rules, you break the rules, you run away, you won't give up the phone when asked 3 times and you get taken down. Why is everyone crying because she is 100lbs? Fucking whiny entitled shitty ass kids and their enabling shitty ass parents.

Really interesting how that "Mother with medical problems" was able to rush to school right away...

I suppose they should have TASED her ?

It is Fake
9/15/2014 1:00pm,
Funny how she couldn't ASK the teacher or principal if she could use her phone. You know because mom was sick. Funnier still that a PARENT calls his daughter, when HE KNOWS she is at school, to ask where mom might be.

BKR
9/15/2014 1:38pm,
Funny how she couldn't ASK the teacher or principal if she could use her phone. You know because mom was sick. Funnier still that a PARENT calls his daughter, when HE KNOWS she is at school, to ask where mom might be.

Lies tend to be kind funny when they start stacking up.

ghost55
9/15/2014 4:07pm,
Just because using a cellphone in class is against school rules does not mean that it is actually illegal to do so, and an argument could be made that she had no legal responsibility to surrender her phone. Yes, she was being disruptive, whiny, and obnoxious. But no, that does not justify having three police officer's run her down, dive tackle her, and pry the cellphone from her hands. It's excessive force. Do you know what wold be appropriate? Detention.

BKR
9/15/2014 5:22pm,
Just because using a cellphone in class is against school rules does not mean that it is actually illegal to do so, and an argument could be made that she had no legal responsibility to surrender her phone. Yes, she was being disruptive, whiny, and obnoxious. But no, that does not justify having three police officer's run her down, dive tackle her, and pry the cellphone from her hands. It's excessive force. Do you know what wold be appropriate? Detention.

She was in school...broke school rules, refused to give up her phone. Teachers don't tackle students, or handle them physically, they call school resource officer(s) (if they have one or more), who then deal with the student.

Detention? So who is going to grab the brat and force her into detention? Like I said, teachers don't detain students.

You are dense or trolling, once again.

ghost55
9/15/2014 5:30pm,
She was in school...broke school rules, refused to give up her phone. Teachers don't tackle students, or handle them physically, they call school resource officer(s) (if they have one or more), who then deal with the student.

Detention? So who is going to grab the brat and force her into detention? Like I said, teachers don't detain students.

You are dense or trolling, once again.
If not detention may suspension or a call to the parents? My point is that school rules =/= laws and as such physical force was uncalled for. This is the type of problem you solve by calling the parents, not by arresting the kid.

BKR
9/15/2014 5:37pm,
If not detention may suspension or a call to the parents? My point is that school rules =/= laws and as such physical force was uncalled for. This is the type of problem you solve by calling the parents, not by arresting the kid.

Sorry, you are wrong. Maybe in the People's Republic of Portland kids can just ignore the rules in school...

ghost55
9/15/2014 5:44pm,
Sorry, you are wrong. Maybe in the People's Republic of Portland kids can just ignore the rules in school...

Whatever. I suspect that we will never reach an endpoint to this discussion. I will always have a hard time seeing how speaking on a cellphone will warrant three police officer's worth of force.

goodlun
9/15/2014 6:02pm,
Whatever. I suspect that we will never reach an endpoint to this discussion. I will always have a hard time seeing how speaking on a cellphone will warrant three police officer's worth of force.

I can't argue that her not turning over her cell phone should have resulted in that action.
I can argue that they had to take some sort of action that resulted in her not having her cell phone.

As far as laws go way back when I was in High School it was actually illegal to have a pager or cell phone something to do with combating drug dealing. I doubt those laws are still valid.

ghost55
9/15/2014 6:17pm,
I can't argue that her not turning over her cell phone should have resulted in that action.
I can argue that they had to take some sort of action that resulted in her not having her cell phone.

As far as laws go way back when I was in High School it was actually illegal to have a pager or cell phone something to do with combating drug dealing. I doubt those laws are still valid.
Those laws sound like the type of thing that wouldn't hold up well in court at all.

And yeah, I can agree that they should have done something (and I fully admit to not knowing what that something is), just NOT THAT.

BKR
9/15/2014 6:28pm,

The more the better. Takes less force that way. Also more intimidating, so less likely to engender resistance.

See, it all makes sense now !

goodlun
9/15/2014 6:29pm,
And yeah, I can agree that they should have done something (and I fully admit to not knowing what that something is), just NOT THAT.

This is the crux of the problem period, we all now something should have been done but most of us don't know exactly how to handle and especially are not put into the situation where a decision has to be made NOW on how to deal with it.
Its easy to Monday morning quarter back these things. Its another thing to actually have to deal with this **** every god damn day.
So we hold these cops to some impossible standard of ALWAYS knowing exactly what to do in every tough situation and when things don't go down quite how we want we get all indigent.

It is Fake
9/15/2014 7:58pm,
If not detention may suspension or a call to the parents? My point is that school rules =/= laws and as such physical force was uncalled for. This is the type of problem you solve by calling the parents, not by arresting the kid.This is a logical fallacy. Who said **** about laws? You and no one else. School rules need to be enforced and detention isn't the way. I get 15 minutes after school every time I use my phone? Who cares? I used it in class, the administration is impotent to stop it and more students break the rules. Three people take the **** away and other students are going to think twice.

gregaquaman
9/15/2014 10:18pm,
Those laws sound like the type of thing that wouldn't hold up well in court at all.

It is difficult. For me in a pub it is straight out trespass. I don't want someone to use a phone they don't. If they do they leave. If they don't leave they get the clamp.

But kids. You probably also can't just pitch them on to the street.

So it becomes difficult. Technically arrested for truancy?