PDA

View Full Version : Taekwondo - Not at Work !

Pages : [1] 2

BKR
9/12/2014 12:40pm,
Perhaps use of force update would be appropriate...

I gotta say, that is one flexible detention deputy!

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/assets_c/2014/09/roberto.roena.screen.capture-thumb-565x314.jpg

The story:
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2014/09/roberto_roena_denver_deputy_suspended_taekwondo_vi deo.php

ermghoti
9/12/2014 1:24pm,
"Denver Deputy Roberto Roena Suspended for Using Taekwondo on Inmate." As well he should be. A show of weakness like that could be a crippling blow to prisoner discipline.

Comments contain some inadvertent lulz.

scipio
9/15/2014 9:18am,
"Denver Deputy Roberto Roena Suspended for Using Taekwondo on Inmate." As well he should be. A show of weakness like that could be a crippling blow to prisoner discipline.

Comments contain some inadvertent lulz.

My favourite:

"He should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon"

Bneterasedmynam
9/15/2014 10:22am,
It looked to me like they were just play fighting until the inmate slapped the cops hand causing him to grab and scuffle. Perhaps a suspension is in order, but it wasn't exactly a brawl.

BKR
9/15/2014 10:43am,
It looked to me like they were just play fighting until the inmate slapped the cops hand causing him to grab and scuffle. Perhaps a suspension is in order, but it wasn't exactly a brawl.

Why would the inmate even fantasize that he could mess around with a detention deputy? Given context, thought, maybe not so surprising.

Idiotry...

Bneterasedmynam
9/15/2014 10:57am,
Why would the inmate even fantasize that he could mess around with a detention deputy? Given context, thought, maybe not so surprising.

Idiotry...

I think the cop was far more idiotic, you just don't play around in a prison. And what really floored me was when the cop turned his back on the inmate to walk away, just not very smart. I don't think the cop was taking it seriously his kicks looked like taps, but even if it was a game never ever ever turn your back on a prisoner, that's just a great way to eat a shiv.

Permalost
9/15/2014 12:12pm,
That was stupid in every possible way.

goodlun
9/15/2014 12:18pm,
but even if it was a game never ever ever turn your back on a prisoner, that's just a great way to eat a shiv.

Downtown Detention Center

I am not saying you won't find shivs there but you shouldn't be having visions of OZ either.

BKR
9/15/2014 12:35pm,
I think the cop was far more idiotic, you just don't play around in a prison. And what really floored me was when the cop turned his back on the inmate to walk away, just not very smart. I don't think the cop was taking it seriously his kicks looked like taps, but even if it was a game never ever ever turn your back on a prisoner, that's just a great way to eat a shiv.

Yes, I agree, I was being kind of subtle in my remark regarding the overall context of the history of that facility. They've got problems.

BKR
9/15/2014 12:37pm,

Jail, not prison, BTW.

Mr.Miyagi
9/17/2014 2:38am,
Jail, not prison, BTW.

Is there a big difference if you're a minority and have no money? (Cell > Court > Cell)

erezb
9/17/2014 3:48am,
Is there a big difference if you're a minority and have no money? (Cell > Court > Cell)

you mean like a white guy in prison?

BKR
9/17/2014 10:18am,
you mean like a white guy in prison?

That's funny, congratulations !

BKR
9/17/2014 10:20am,

Just ask guys who've been to prison (penitentiary) where they would prefer to be...county jail or detention facility or prison.

Of course, there are some jails that are so large they might as well be prison...

goodlun
9/17/2014 10:28am,
Just ask guys who've been to prison (penitentiary) where they would prefer to be...county jail or detention facility or prison.

Of course, there are some jails that are so large they might as well be prison...

I am trying to figure out a way for this to not come off as sarcasm but
You mean all those guys that do what it takes for the crime they are committing to not step over bounds into it being a federal case.
I find the mentality funny as hell let me go out and do something that can rob me of freedom but make sure that if I do get caught that I go to state prison or county jail instead.
I love career criminals....

Permalost
9/17/2014 11:18am,
If I had to pick, I'd go with the Big Rock Candy Mountain. I mean, there's a lake of stew, and whiskey too. Sold.