PDA

View Full Version : joining the military

Pages : [1] 2 3

snuffles
5/08/2004 1:13am,
im drunk

lately i'vwe been thingking about joinging special forces.

should i?

i've bbeen thingking about creating/joinging a crime syndecate or joinging special ops.

which should i choose?

my gpa is bad but i am going to graduate. i have been seriously thinking about robotics/science for a college degree but lately i've been hating life.

the army/special forcsces seem like a good option buza i dont want to go to prison for long times.

its a huge decision.

i'm one of those people who really want something in life, like spiritual enlightenment(which wont happen) or something really fucknig challenging like life or death situatiojns.

fucking marijlyun masnons. makes me all depressed.

seems as though thers tnothing else in life.

i wanted to grow/deal drugs. but thats sounding more and more shitty by the second.

any advice? im in a predicament, and i dont know what to do...

RockTiger
5/08/2004 3:11am,
Become an army pharmacist. Deal drugs and shoot people, the AMERICAN way.

Ka-Bar
5/08/2004 3:50am,
Wow, we need to start a "Drunk Post Hall of Fame" thread. I nominate snuffles.

Stick
5/08/2004 5:54am,
Oh, I'll show him, just you wait

:: gets dressed and ready for drunken party fu in Osaka tonight ::

I shall post in around 12 hours or so.

Phrost
5/08/2004 8:32am,
If you can walk 100 miles with 60lbs of gear, get up the next day and do it again, you might be able to get past SFAS (SF Assessment School). Otherwise, if you enlist for SF and fail, you'll end up a cook or supply clerk or something.

Meteora
5/08/2004 11:06am,
Phrost is correct, I would love to try for the SF but I don't have 20/20 vision which fucks me over a lot.

For those of you how can see with out glasses/contacts/surgery you have no idea how lucky you are. Having eye problems is the biggest fucking inconvenience ever.

Ippatsu182
5/08/2004 11:28am,
Don't get sucked into recruiters' promises. If you're interested in joining the military, make sure you sign up for a good job. I think you can always try out for the SF later. Just know it's not as easy as you might think. I mean, you can't just "sign up" for Special Forces.

punchingdummy
5/08/2004 2:54pm,
Originally posted by Phrost
If you can walk 100 miles with 60lbs of gear, get up the next day and do it again, you might be able to get past SFAS (SF Assessment School). Otherwise, if you enlist for SF and fail, you'll end up a cook or supply clerk or something.

I didn't think it was possible to enlist with a SFAS guarantee...is that possible?

The Wastrel
5/08/2004 3:59pm,
No.

And why do people think you can just sign up for the special forces?

DJeter1234
5/08/2004 4:02pm,
hmmm, salt lake city. Are the mormans involved?

Deluxe247
5/08/2004 9:24pm,
Acually you can sign up as 11X which is special forces, but if you dont pass SF school after BT then you go into your "secondary MOS" which unless specified under your contract is one of two things : infintry or cook.

If you want some good advice on joining the military, just PM one of us members who are in active duty. I made a thread a short time ago listing bullshido members who are currently or have served in the military. I myself am currently in the Army. Somthing that you also might consider is the SO/SF attachment option which means you are in another MOS attached to a SO/SF unit.

punchingdummy
5/08/2004 9:38pm,
Originally posted by Deluxe247
Acually you can sign up as 11X which is special forces, but if you dont pass SF school after BT then you go into your "secondary MOS" which unless specified under your contract is one of two things : infintry or cook.

I'm confused as I thought one needed to be an NCO and have certain experience and pro/con ratings in a primary MOS before being considered for SFAS? Or by "special forces", do you also mean Ranger (school)? I believe you can get that guaranteed.

The Wastrel
5/08/2004 9:55pm,
11X is NOT SF. It is a "feeder" MOS.

http://www.us-army-info.com/pages/mos/infantry/11x.html

http://www.waterloo.cnchost.com/military.html

snuffles
5/08/2004 10:27pm,
thanks for the info on joining the military, but theres been no suggestions on what i should do to keep a roof over my head and food in my stomach..... go to school, grow and sell drugs, join a crime syndecate, or join the military; which would you guys choose and why?

Ippatsu182
5/08/2004 11:03pm,
Why don't you go to a community college, get a part-time job and do what the rest of us do? You might also try applying for some grants. I forgot the website for that. It's something like www.fafsa.ed.gov

Phoenix
5/09/2004 12:08am,
Originally posted by Ippatsu182
Why don't you go to a community college, get a part-time job and do what the rest of us do? You might also try applying for some grants. I forgot the website for that. It's something like www.fafsa.ed.gov

That's an excellent suggestion.

For many guys, it's alot of fun to go out and play GI Joe when you're young, but the problem is that when you're all spent and done, or when you're just plain sick of it, you won't have any marketable skills in the civillian world (in a legal capacity).

I learned that through watching my old man. When he was my age, and younger, he did that airborne bullshit in the Canadian Army. Sure, he went to Europe, got his sniper qualification, and had alot of fun jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, but when he got out of the army, he had no job skills that he could use.

I got all the respect for the soldiers that serve now. Especially those that choose to make a career of it - it's certainly not an easy task.

Do yourself a favour and go to school instead. You'll thank yourself later.