PDA

View Full Version : Lone Survivor

OZZ
2/03/2014 3:30am,
This is an amazing movie.
I read the book a couple of years ago and the movie is pretty damn accurate.
Ben Foster's character really impressed me, actually all these guys are to be commended for their bravery. It may have been a bad decision that got them into the situation to begin with, but there were other factors that played into it as well.
Seeing things on screen provided me with a visual cue that I didn't quite get through reading the story, one thing in particular was the scene where the SEALS are forced off the high ground and down into the cavern, tumbling down and sustaining terrible injuries along the way. Then they get pinned down by enemy fire for quite a stretch, although in the film it only lasts a few minutes, it actually took a few hours for those particular events to transpire.
Anyways, when I was reading that part in the book, I was envisioning a very barren, stone and boulder canyon with sand and no vegetation whatsoever, something like you might see in the deserts of Arizona or something.
Apparently, the actual landscape was much different. Lots of scrub brush, trees and much more mountainous than I had thought it was.
Anyways, a great film, highly recommend it.

hungryjoe
2/04/2014 12:39am,
This one is a must see for me after seeing interviews with Marcus Luttrell.

Actual fight lasted five days.

iMDB review http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1091191/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I don't see many movies at the theater other than with my girls. This is a man's man movie and will shell out the money + popcorn fee.

Eddie Hardon
2/09/2014 1:20pm,
I bought the book a couple of years ago but haven't got around to reading it yet; I've got a lot of books.

I may catch the film before I actually get around to reading it but I'm familiar with the overall story.

Thanks for the Heads Up.

I bought the book a couple of years ago but haven't got around to reading it yet; I've got a lot of books.

I may catch the film before I actually get around to reading it but I'm familiar with the overall story.

Thanks for the Heads Up.

MarJoe
2/09/2014 11:28pm,
As I stated on a Milblog (TAH),I will go to a Wednesday afternoon matinee. This film could very easyily cause to lose control of my emotions. A spoiler coming, Hollywood changed the ending. IMO the real life ending carried a great message. Joe

MarJoe
2/10/2014 2:43am,
I would like to hear from the Sand Box Warriors and the A stan Warriors about this movie. How real were the SEALs able to keep the movie belivable. I have laughted my ass off at all or parts of the Viet Nam movies. Confression time ,I am Old Breed. I am a VN Marie. The Astan Marine consider me one. This is hard to accept,I did not fight in Kornea or WWII.Some movies keep the action real for awhile then go Hollywood. Please respond about Lone Survior. Joe