PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Inverted Kneebar

sambosteve
1/04/2014 10:55pm,
Plasma bribed me to come in here and share, so I figured I would put this video up. I shot it a few months ago (last one in our old gym too). Enjoy ;) Back to the shadows....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bACxag5b7RE

plasma
1/05/2014 7:31am,
First of all, welcome back to the AG Forum Steve. To have someone of your experience posting technique is a real plus for Bullshido’s Grapplers.

That is really an interesting entry to an inverted kneebar from an inside trip (looked like a modified Ko Uchi Gari). I am guessing between the takedown momentum and the hook on the ankle that is what is bringing the opponent over into that position. Is that giving the uke more chance to attempt to separate and shed the hook? Originally I was thinking that you were going to Ko Uchi Gari into the inverted Kneebar and finish from the top. Is the roll an option when there is too much forward momentum to stop in the inverted kneebar position and use the roll to maintain the relative position?

Omega Supreme
1/05/2014 12:54pm,
I'm starting to think we should have a featured technique section appearing on the front page.

sambosteve
1/05/2014 7:32pm,
Plasma, depending on the momentum and your grip on his leg, he may keep rolling and end up in turtle, in which case you have one hook in and you can take his back. But, if you come out of the initial roll really locked down on the leg, it is much harder for him to keep rolling.

The Cap
1/07/2014 3:58am,
Gotta approve, I managed to pull this in sparring tonight as my partner tried to regain their feet from guard. Although this did happen on my first attempt:

[...]depending on the momentum and your grip on his leg, he may keep rolling and end up in turtle[...]

sambosteve
1/08/2014 10:21am,
Gotta approve, I managed to pull this in sparring tonight as my partner tried to regain their feet from guard. Although this did happen on my first attempt:

Sweet!!